What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Wave Race 64 Soft Mod

Cönker1

Vanit said:
I'm afraid this game has a very small fanbase. For this same reason I stopped working on my Goemons Great Adventure pack, which has only had around 50 downloads to date.
NO WAI, I love that game you should continue, I never knew it was retextured.

OP
T

The Dave

As I predicted, I won't be able to get any work started on this again until after May 10th. Then I'll touch-up Drake Lake, try and finish the Stunt Mode stuff, then take a break to get Hi-Res Central up and running, and then finish up the little things.

djlarz

13 000 roms and growing...
Cönker said:
NO WAI, I love that game you should continue, I never knew it was retextured.
Yes, please continue, Wave Race roxx my shorts off :borg:

nexis2600

The Dave said:
Textures that cannot be replaced:
These textures, for whatever reason, cannot be replaced by Rice's plug-in.
- Opening N64 Logo

I dont know if someone mention this or not but the opening n64 logo cant since it's not drawn by the plugin. It was a image in rom copied directly to the framebuffer by the cpu.

Just though I would FYI.

OP
T

The Dave

Hahahaha, yeah I'm back home and definitely using the rest of this week to relax. I'll probably start messing around with Drake Lake tomorrow, then after that it's going to be hard to get back into the groove of remembering what needs to be done and all that, but I think Stunt Mode HUD was my biggest to-do.

Hell, maybe I'll go after all the animals.

OP
T

The Dave

Well I probably got myself involved in too many things.

I did do some work with this though, but nothing exciting. I'll give you examples of the non-exciting stuff I've been doing.

Image 1: New Rock Texture in Marine Fortress
Image 2: New texture for whatever that building is in Marine Fortress
Image 3: New texture for little island in Drake Lake
Image 4: New Rock Texture in Glacier Coast
Image 5: Fixed tiling of mountain bg in Drake Lake

Stupid stuff like this that tweaks the pack is what I'm going over now, so I can sort of ease myself into working with this mod again. It's hard to just jump right back in after taking months off and not remember where I was.

OP
T

The Dave

The riders do have textures, but their blocky appearance is because of their low polygon count.

After I finish the coding for the Hi-Res dedicated website Vanit and I are working on, I will work on all the marine life in the game.

Noglory

I downloaded this pack waverace is a good game, good work the dave.. but, i was geting slow downs. 30 fps, so i started puting textures in folder by folder. When i got to bouys my FPS drop bad.. so i del red yellow folders under bouys

And then game runs Great.

2.4ghz, 512 ram, GeForce 4 4200 with 8XAGP new drivers

OP
T

The Dave

Are you saying the game went faster because of the way the textures were organized or because you eliminated them?

Maybe your video card can't handle all of it? I run it with no problems other than the naturally low framerate.