Votes: 2 5.1%
  • What's a videogame?

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Anyone who thinks Video games cause violence must be shot

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Do really videogames can make someone violent?

I ask cos' of the article located here

Look there at the small table with video game examples. Never knew Q'bert and Mario were violent games :doh:

Well if that's the case, then i'm going off to play Mario 64 to see if after that I can manage to kill my neighbors. See ya!

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
well it depends. if breaking your controler because you cant find that last FRICKIN star or get that frickin Skulltulla that you can HEAR but just cant see then yeah, they make you violent.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
NeTo said:

Well if that's the case, then i'm going off to play Mario 64 to see if after that I can manage to kill my neighbors. See ya!

I went to my neighbor's house, but I couldn't even ring the doorbell :cry: :cry:

I will try with Max Payne next time :happy:

Tri-Force said:
well it depends. if breaking your controler because you cant find that last FRICKIN star or get that frickin Skulltulla that you can HEAR but just cant see then yeah, they make you violent.

I agree with that part. Maybe I voted to soon :doh: Well, anyway it seems games like pikmin can't make you violent no matter what (well, except if you actually buyed the game, like me)

Plisco

Sevillian
There is always a report or article or -insert other option here- which involves videogames and there prolonged used, being released days after each other. It is hard to draw an oppinion on so many of them being released which completly contradicts a previous report. So I just do not care about specific reports, but in general there does seem to be a common voice that video games increase your reaction speeds. So I went for the 4th option :)

Davemc

Dave
I've played GTA3 over and over to death and less-so GTA Vice which sucks a bit. I have never stolen a car in my likfe, never dealed drugs, never been in possession of a gun and certainly never got mixed up with the mafia.
Spent hours, days, months, years on Goldeneye and I haven't shot anyone. I don't feel any sort of urge to shoot anyone either. They should blame films first, they're more realistic.

Talas

Son of the Sky
Well I actually think that if you have problems in your social life, no friends, no girl friend, or problems at school, and if you are a violent person anyway, THEN playing games like Postman2 can make you more violent. Of course, on the other side its also possible that you lose your aggression by playing those games. I voted for the second option. I think its possible.

Donkey Kong (1999) .78
Q'bert (1999) 1.31
The Smurfs (1999) .59
Super Mario Brothers (1985) 4.8
Super Mario 64 (1996) .23

Huh? Are those guys nuts? They did take PERFECT games to show us how violent video games are. Oh nuts....
:baaa:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I remember myself with mario 64, couldn't put it down until i got all 120 stars... got angry at the n64 several times....

2fast4u

imo if you had a hundred options on this poll you still wouldnt be able to cover that topic. fuck, i still voted for the shoot in the head thingy. everytime our law enforcement goes into the room of some son of a bitch who ran through a school with a gun they notice he played counter strike and doom and dont notice the fucking swastikas on his walls. thats just my personal feeling. :doh:

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Talas said:
Huh? Are those guys nuts? They did take PERFECT games to show us how violent video games are. Oh nuts....
:baaa:

And hardly stomping on a goomba can be compared to kill someone (well, if you know noone that looks like a goomba.....)

Clements

AlphaWolf said:
Hmm...germany displays a lot of irony in this respect.

Carmageddon springs to mind. Germany I believe is the strictest in the World with what can be shown in games. (Or at least at one point)

I know video games don't cause violence, as I'm completely against violence myself, and have been playing games ever since I can remember.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
2fast4u said:
would ya mind explaining that statement? :plain:

Well, irony isn't quite the word I was actualy looking for, but they named a few examples.

Damn democrats are trying to do the same shit here.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
I've never been in any physical fights whatsoever. I'm a totally non-violent person.

I don't even know if I could kill someone, if I had to do it.

And yet... I've been playing video games since we got an IntelliVision. I was about... oh... 3? Maybe 4?

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Pacifism is a nice idea, but it can get you killed. We're not quite yet there folks, evolution is slow smallpox is fast:D