What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Thread resurrection: Remodel Zelda

Cybertronic

Mireneye said:
I think im finnaly sucseeding to get the Link model to loook closer to Link then Mido.. However, there are still things... Its hard when im tryin to model the eyes and Mouth to match the ones from normal Lil link or *grown up link*

Well here is my progress:
551e69

Um... :puke: 900^10

I you do have modeling skills, but that head is UGLY, and it dosent even look 3d Manga Style... (It isnt Called Anime style for all you who called it that. i can explain the difference if you have questions.)

I_love_Link

Here's a suggestion: Why don't you try remodelling something small, say a pot, and at least try to get THAT working before you tackle the bigger stuff like characters.

porjay

Cybertronic said:
Um... :puke: 900^10

I you do have modeling skills, but that head is UGLY, and it dosent even look 3d Manga Style... (It isnt Called Anime style for all you who called it that. i can explain the difference if you have questions.)

Its still WIP rather then disgard his work why not suggest on what would make it better?

I think its getting there after every image he's posted its started getting closer to link. Keep it up man i can't wait to see your progress.

neo64

law56ker said:
he kinda looks liek a woman.
Yes, a bit, perhaps. But that's only because of the mouth and the nose. The rest looks very good, and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming Zelda title.

Cybertronic

porjay said:
Its still WIP rather then disgard his work why not suggest on what would make it better?

Fine then mr. Smarty pants.... IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS WITHOUT ME POINTING IT OUT....

1982185120_1999997011_zelda_link_337x253.jpg

It is wrong to give people false support ya know... when its wrong its WRONG! It just isnt even remotely shaped like link. The jaw is wrong the eyes are sunk too deep.

now where was I.... ah yes...

:puke: 900^10

Last edited:

porjay

Cybertronic said:
Fine then mr. Smarty pants.... IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OBVIOUS WITHOUT ME POINTING IT OUT....

1982185120_1999997011_zelda_link_337x253.jpg

It is wrong to give people false support ya know... when its wrong its WRONG! It just isnt even remotely shaped like link. The jaw is wrong the eyes are sunk too deep.

now where was I.... ah yes...

:puke: 900^10

How am i being a smarty pants? If you created something wouldn't you rather people make suggestions on how to make it better rather then saying its crap don't bother?

You also can't judge on something so early its still in WIP (Work in Progress) which means he's still working on it. Most projects don't look fantastic untill there 60% complete. So don't bash his work just yet.

OP
Amon_Knives

Amon_Knives

Film Student
porjay said:
How am i being a smarty pants? If you created something wouldn't you rather people make suggestions on how to make it better rather then saying its crap don't bother?

You also can't judge on something so early its still in WIP (Work in Progress) which means he's still working on it. Most projects don't look fantastic untill there 60% complete. So don't bash his work just yet.

Amen to that, porjay.

Here, Cybertronic, what porjay is trying to say is...Work in progress means it's not done yet, and the only reason he is even posting that is to get input on how to make it better and saying it sucks doesn't help anything at all so u might as well keep ur mouth shut unless u have something useful to say.

Mireneye

Hahaha... Yea, your right, if you compare it to how link really looks, its crap... I have a few things in mind that I want to speak of, if I may, dont take it personal. For starters iv'e been modelling heads for alil less then a year seriously. Among the hardest thing to do without proper concept for a modeller is to catch a well known characters appearance in his own model. It takes time and is as I said very time consuming, personally I dont want to sit and model something for houers only to get a few lines from people who apparently may or may not understand what criticim is all about. You should'nt just say "Its bad" Beacuse my question to you is what parts are bad? What can improve it?, and mayhaps i should just scrap it and start anew? Such questions... I sympathise with the people thinking I should start anew. Beacuse once a model gets its structure its not as easy to change as if it was just shaping up. Keep in mind, the headmodel I have in mind should land in somewhere between young link in OOT and Link from the animated series.

And If anybody could draw concept art of link. one from Exact Frontside, and one from Exact LeftSide and one Exact Above of the head i betcha i could do it better ;)

Cheers

Cybertronic

Mireneye said:
Hahaha... Yea, your right, if you compare it to how link really looks, its crap... I have a few things in mind that I want to speak of, if I may, dont take it personal. For starters iv'e been modelling heads for alil less then a year seriously. Among the hardest thing to do without proper concept for a modeller is to catch a well known characters appearance in his own model. It takes time and is as I said very time consuming, personally I dont want to sit and model something for houers only to get a few lines from people who apparently may or may not understand what criticim is all about. You should'nt just say "Its bad" Beacuse my question to you is what parts are bad? What can improve it?, and mayhaps i should just scrap it and start anew? Such questions... I sympathise with the people thinking I should start anew. Beacuse once a model gets its structure its not as easy to change as if it was just shaping up. Keep in mind, the headmodel I have in mind should land in somewhere between young link in OOT and Link from the animated series.

And If anybody could draw concept art of link. one from Exact Frontside, and one from Exact LeftSide and one Exact Above of the head i betcha i could do it better ;)

Cheers

HAH! IN YOUR FACE AMON!!! I hope all your future films suck

I can draw a link in those angles, but I wont be able to post it for 2 weeks, because I will be in Hungary...

Last edited:
OP
Amon_Knives

Amon_Knives

Film Student
And thats in my face how? ha, your funny Cybertronic, but spamming across the threads won't get you anywhere. In case you haven't noticed, Mireneye is trying to tell you to quit critisizing and understand its still WIP. Seriously dude, if you don't know what someone is talking about, just be quiet, because you are just making yourself look more like a retard...not that you need any of our help. I don't know what problem you have with people, but listen to those of us that have reason...
Here, I'll explain. You said it looked like crap, porjay tried to explain it, I clarified what WIP means, Mireneye then admitted that it does look bad, but then said it was still a WIP and that instead of critsizing, you should be helping, then you said "In my face"...do you have any idea how retarded that makes you look, at all? Mireneye was talking to you, saying to quit flaming this thread...to put it bluntly...but apparently you only focused on the first line.

You wanna help finally by drawing link's profile up...be my guest. maybe then you will finally realize what WIP means. but until then...quit complaining, seriously, everyone is getting tired of hearing from you.

Mireneye, for those of us that understand WIP, keep up the good work. If I could draw as well as I can do things with a computer, I would help with that, but alas, I guess your stuck with Mr. Bitchandmoan. Do what you can whenever you get the time to do it.

BTW, Cybertronic, you say you shouldn't give people faalse support...give us one good reason we should support you in your statements.

"It's better to remain quiet, and be thought a fool, than to open it, and remove all doubt." couldn't have put it better myself.....or should I say "in your face" as you so bluntly put it

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
Haha... mmm... flaming. I completely agree with you, Amon_Knives. As soon as I saw that post, I was just waiting for you to show up. I can draw a bit, so maybe I could help you out, but most likely I'll just find a bit of official art for you to work off of. Seeya!

Mireneye

Thanks for your concern guys, I appriciate it. As for replacing models to be back into the maindisscussion, shoul'nt it be possible to exchange the modeldata which is read from the memory and then displayed ? I dont really see how such a thing can be so many times harder then textures ? Is it mayhaps the way the modeldata is compressed within the format ? Id really like to hear an expert opinion on this. My programmer friend, said that in theory its very possible.

Cheers

Im Bored

lol@censors
weelll, im no programmer, so yeah, im probably wrong, but!:

Every vertice of the models in N64 Games have data addresses, theres ones for X,Y,Z Positions, RGBA shading (32 bit) and texture application. This is fine. You can manually change these and reshape polys. The problem with loading higher poly count models in, id assume, is when the ROM file or whatever just flat out runs out of area to write and or store these addresses...in which case your computer will swear at you and touch you.

What im trying to say with phrases that arent right, is, in simple terms, its like drawing something on a piece of paper but having too small a piece of paper. You could get some done but then when you tried to add more bits itd go off the paper and yeah.

well i suck. Peace.

Mireneye

Aah, you forget, you can always fetch more paper ;)... I think since the emulator is what puts up the limits, i believe it can extend upon them. *Imo, getting more paper* =)

Cheers

Cybertronic

I understand what WORK IN PROGRESS is but it is started out wrong! It constitutes a DO OVER. When I fuck up a drawing I CRUMPLE IT UP and draw it again!

You are a Forum Nazi nothing more. You dont scare me, and I dont care If I get banned for saying I hate the WIP so far. I got better things to do then listen to your little German ass. BTW I have always hated your avitar.

Im Bored

lol@censors
God, youre a bit mature arent you? I think you are better than us. Could you hold on a second though, i think i hear der führer calling.