What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Thread resurrection: Remodel Zelda

Mireneye

porjay said:
i think your doing a hella mad job on the model man keep it up!!

Thanks, thou, its only 3h of work... Ill redo the whole head to match link better! I mean, we cant have Mido running around as link, that ought to be horrible. Haha, maybe ill make a realistic Tingle to have as Link.. Muhahaha!
:party:

OP
Amon_Knives

Amon_Knives

Film Student
neo64 said:
OOT has the manga-style, too. Just have a look at the eyes.

I'd say that is true, but it's not too manga. I'd always thought of it as somewhere between a realistic looking anime and a live action movie. Maybe the characters could be looking realistic manga and the worlds could be realistic.

Mireneye

Thankyou!, ive been searching pictures after 'That' Link, beacuse he seemed like a good choice. Finnaly I have some.

Cheers

Kerber2k

Havnt you seen the new Zelda? It looks much better anyway. Spaceworld was just a graphic test and Link and Ganondorf were the mascots.

Shibb

The Peoples Champ
too bad its running on the windwalker engine, so it still looks semi cartoony notice the trailers, i was reading its not as realistic as we are meant to believe... its all speculation at this point, but i believe they should have written a new engine ( time + money) for this game, because it would boost the gamecube sales 100% and make nintendo some desperately needed money. I am buyin a gc just for the new zelda. But I already own a ps2/xbox because the systems have much better games and better modibility, even though thier is the qoob and the viper gc finally out for the gamecube

Clements

I thought the engine in WW was pretty decent, especially the fighting, which was enhanced after OoT/MM. It was the endless, tedious, awkward sailing in an almost featureless sea that destroyed most of what could have been an outstanding game. If Link was realistic or even cone-shaped it would have made no difference to the gameplay with that sea in place.

CoffeeandTV

hacking the gibson
mongo51983 said:
I still don't understand why Nintendo scraped that idea for a Zelda game modelled like that game.

Because, in all reality, it looked like shit. They knew they could do MUCH better.
zeldacube3.jpg

Although, I must say that the above is 213256548489 times better than:
b_9.jpg

I'm praying the new one makes up for Majora's Mask and WW combined, but that is going to be hard to do.

Shibb

The Peoples Champ
CoffeeandTV said:
Because, in all reality, it looked like shit. They knew they could do MUCH better.

I'm praying the new one makes up for Majora's Mask and WW combined, but that is going to be hard to do.

no disrespect, but dude u gotta understand back then, those graphics were amazing, at that time (2000 and 2001) the best graphics u were getting was what q3, cs, df3 and like some rainbow six game prolly and everquest cant forget that, but dude those graphics were unprecidented and personally i thought it was quite good but to each his own
on a site not watch the video the physics of the game were amazing nintendo prolly realized that the gamecube could never and i quote trillville "get on its level" even the new zelda coming out isnt that realistic from the trailer atleast looks pretty cartoony :(

edit: side not ww sucked imo, but majoras mask wasnt a bad game it just didnt live up to the high ass standards set by OOT which is quite possibly the best game of all time, so it isnt a totally fair comparision.

Last edited:

CoffeeandTV

hacking the gibson
Shibb said:
edit: side not ww sucked imo, but majoras mask wasnt a bad game it just didnt live up to the high ass standards set by OOT which is quite possibly the best game of all time, so it isnt a totally fair comparision.

I am, of course, being extremely harsh on Nintendo due to their failure to stay loyal to any of their titles. I actually enjoyed MM, but that's because I played it BEFORE OoT. After playing OoT, I saw the true limits of the Zelda series. In my opinion, I would rather play the original Legend of Zelda 20 times than even look at Windwaker.

What Nintendo should really do is sell the Zelda franchise to a more "deserving" developer. I only wish I could see a remake of OoT on the new Xbox. Until Nintendo can come to their senses and take a good look at what is actually GOOD GAMING, instead of trying to make a "revolutionary" (read: strange and pointless) gadget, I believe that their game quality will continue fall rapidly until we have such wonderous games as 'Mario Curling' or "Legend of Zelda: The Magic Screwdriver'.

Shibb said:
no disrespect, but dude u gotta understand back then, those graphics were amazing, at that time (2000 and 2001) the best graphics u were getting was what q3, cs, df3 and like some rainbow six game prolly and everquest cant forget that, but dude those graphics were unprecidented and personally i thought it was quite good but to each his own
on a site not watch the video the physics of the game were amazing nintendo prolly realized that the gamecube could never and i quote trillville "get on its level" even the new zelda coming out isnt that realistic from the trailer atleast looks pretty cartoony :(

Just take one look at Halo/GT3.

Last edited:

Mireneye

I hope somebody makes notice of this thread...

Ok, this is getting a lil bit offtopic. I playe A Link to the Past when I was really small. And totally loved it, it was my first love for Zelda. Then I helped finishing it off with my double cousin!. Then, I occasionaly started to play the first 2 games at my parents friends house, and ofcourse compared it to ALTTP and it was still very good games. When OOT came out i was hyped about the 3d, and to see the next epic piece be unfold. I played it, and it beacame one of the best game ever!... MM was holding my breath for an Excellent game, I was slightly dissapointed... Never really had the urge to finish it off without Zelda or Ganon involved...
*PLayed GB / GBA games sometime inbetween all*
Then came windwaker which was in my meaning a worthy followup on the series, except the ending. And now the second Zelda, I feel as I have been awaiting for this for a LOOONG time now, Nintendo has brung the series to its peak I think. and I cant help to say that I suspect the timeline of this is Set somewhere when before ALTTP in the ongoing war, or before. Only time will tell...

Cheers

Shibb

The Peoples Champ
dude i understand that but nintendo doesnt have m$ budget and gta was a break through game its still amazing how it renders all that shit without laggin the ps2

Kerber2k

Dude wtf how does WW suck...granted it was Nintendos lazy way to hold off the masses untill a 100X better Zelda came out. WW had awsome gameplay and if you blur your eyes its kinda like playing a cartoon. You kids should play the game before you diss it anyhow. Zelda quality hasnt decreased, and it isnt going down hill like the chart says just in a diffrent direction.

Toasty

Sony battery
Well, this thread's already way off-topic, so I thought I'd throw in my opinion for the heck of it. (Keep in mind it is my opinion, and if your opinion differs, this isn't meant to be insulting.)

I have a hard time comparing OOT and MM because they were both so good IMO, but I'd probably have to say OOT was my favorite because it held more true to the Zelda name as far as its plot was concerned. I still really liked MM for its originality and the hint that another sequel would follow in which Link continued his search for his long lost friend, but I wish the game had been a bit longer than four major dungeons.

WW was definitely not my favorite, though I don't consider it a complete failure. The game was fairly enjoyable - enough that I was willing to play through it more than once. But I have to agree with Clements that the endless (and for the most part, empty) sea was very monotonous. The cel-shaded graphics didn't really bug me too much, but I would definitely have liked it better with OOT/MM-ish graphics. WW didn't seem to have enough "darkness" to it either. In OOT after Link traveled forward in time it was obvious that something had to be done about Ganondorf - he had laid waste to Hyrule. Similarly, in MM all you had to do was look up into the sky to see that the world was in big trouble. For the most part, WW just seemed cheery for a majority of the game. Sure, the dungeons had plenty of puzzles to solve and even creepy parts to them, but there never seemed to be a *global threat* visible that had to be dealt with, just a 1,000+ year old king/boat sending you on missions.

From the looks of things, Zelda 2005 will be more OOT-ish, which I'm really looking forward to. Hopefully Nintendo won't botch it up.

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
This is how I see it. When most of us where young, we thought the NES or SNES was the best thing in the world. We liked the Legend of Zelda or Super Mario Bros because those games excited our imagination. All those good memories stay with us when we think of that game. Kids don't care whether the graphics are realistic or cartoony. Little kids now days don't give crap about The Legnend of Zelda for the NES.
About WW (this is my opinion) Nintendo was aiming the game at a new demographic. They wanted to get new kids to fall in love with the franchise. Once again I think little kids don't care what link looks like if they can identifiy with him; isn't it every boy's dream to grow up to be a hero? I think the new LOZ is going to be what most of us want; a more mature and thick plot with a dose of wicked graphics.

Last edited: