What's new

The unofficial Daedalus D3D8 Rel. 2 is here, binary and src

noctrun

noctrunal internet surfing guy
Eddy said:
zorbid i wont stress it, but its not hibernating, its not gonna be released any time soon unless emumaniac leaks it (he wont) i rather look up to emulators that i know are being worked on, rather than holding my breath for nemu

nemu is well alive, but it's progress is very slow 'cause lemmy's day has only 24 hours and he dropped the idea of using zilmars specs and started to write his own gfx plugin a while back that's all

oh and before i forget: rice that's one really great plugin

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Why diss Nemu - Look at what it already gave emulation for FREE!!! If it was released tomorrow suddenly everyone would be going! "WOW GREAT RELEASE" and start acting 2 faced, It hasn't been announced it is dead so stop assuming, it is people like you lot who caused Corn to finish. I am not saying I am not a little annoyed about the wait for nemu but theres plenty more to look forward too!!! So wait and when it comes be happy

LD.

*poke*
Amen.

And now to drop the topic of Nemu and get back to your scheduled thread: Rice Is Some Kind Of God.

alessmz

Banned
just 2 be clear

i have a r8500, yoshi still freeze at fruit screen, what are the right graph setup to make this playable?

alessmz

Banned
hey Wildsoft

i've set smcm to protect memory in recompiler mode but it still locks at fruit screen : can you please attach a screen with the options --> settings you use to play yoshi? also, what are the frame buffer settings required?

thx

WildSOfT

emu-holic
I'm at work currently. As soon as I get home, I'll try to post the screenshot of settings. But I believe theres nothing special about settings, I remember using the default ones.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
yup, i got it to work with default settings and protect mem. frame buffer is the default 'double buffer copy' and 'faster'

StAn ThE mAn!

How do I .............?

I downloaded this file and it seemed that it could deliver and im kind of new at this emulator stuff so i was wondering how to make the files work on the emulator so i can play the games like it is supposed to. ive tried copying and pasting the files into the plugin directories but i can't get it to work?

noctrun

noctrunal internet surfing guy
Re: How do I .............?

StAn ThE mAn! said:
I downloaded this file and it seemed that it could deliver and im kind of new at this emulator stuff so i was wondering how to make the files work on the emulator so i can play the games like it is supposed to. ive tried copying and pasting the files into the plugin directories but i can't get it to work?

after you copied the plugin to 'plugins' start the emulator and choose the plugin to be used, if you use pj64 it's in settings... -> plugins -> video (graphics) plugin -> Unofficial DaedalusD3D8 0.08 Rel. 2

alessmz

Banned
and for the "real" 3d games?

the latest daedalus plugin is really a great plugin, at least for displaying perfect 2d for Resident Evil,Yoshi's Island and Neon Genesis Evangelion .

the problems come with full 3d games,.like mario64,fzero and generally all games with heavy 3d enviroments: all graphic is messed up, if anyone has found the right settings to dispay them in the same way jabo's plugin does, please submit them here thx.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
then just use jabo's!

for games that unofficial daedalus is best at, use that. if games that are best at jabo's. Thats the whole point of having a plugin system.

Endo2000

Unable to get Yoshi to work

I've tried a variety of emulators--none will work with Yoshi. Please advise on specific emulator & all settings--one hour wasted so far trying to get this going.

P4 1800 mHz
ample memory
Radeon 7500 AGP

Thank you!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
pj64 1.5beta + unofficial daedalus gfx + protect memory
default everything else

tell me what you get with that (its running for me right now)

Endo2000

rats

That's one of the things I tried; the program simply crashes after performing an error--I am running XP home, and even tried Win ME settings. What esle can I try?

Endo2000

Hmmm

I am not at the machine right now--but it simply sits there & thinks for a while--gives a black window for the emulator itself, then gives a generic program failure window & do I want to send a report to Microsoft.

I will be back at the machine itself later (I can't play Yoshi at work :( Hah!), but there is not other info which is displayed, from what I can tell.

Thanks for your help!