What's new

The unofficial Daedalus D3D8 Rel. 2 is here, binary and src

Bloodwych

Problems Problems Problems

I managed to get the plugin working briefly in 1964 but now it doesn't work at all. In PJ64 1.4 I get the popup error "D3DERR_INVALID CALL" followed by "Project64 has caused an error in DAEDALUSD3DD8.DLL / Project64 will now close".

The plugin worked well with the first couple of games I tried in 1964. But since I quit and restarted the emulator nothing works! I consistently get the error "D3DERR_INVALID CALL" followed by either "Unexpected Error in Daedalus D3D plugin" or "1964 has caused an error in 1964.EXE / 1964 will now close."

----------------------
Specs:-

WinME
AMD Athlon 900MHz
GeoForce 2 MX420
Soundblaster Live! (Value)
DirectX 8.0

Last edited:

MADrigal

G&W programmer
Did anyone else occurred in the same error I got with Yoshi's Story (E) ? --- That is at the end of the first stage I get an error message "executing from non mapped space": I'm using PJ64 1.5b1 + DaedalusD3D 0.08-2 + new RSP .dll (set as recompiler) on a Win98 SE machine.

MADrigal

G&W programmer
And oh, I forgot it: thanks Rice!!! Playing EVA64 and Yoshi's has been one of the strongest wishes I had since I first played Super Mario 64 emulated by uHLE :D

Long life to you Rice! :)

neoak

Triforce of Something...
Thanks Rice. Now i can play EVA 64 and get that ROM to work. Thanks a lot. Now the Evangelion community can play the game on their PCs. Thanks Again!!!

Mawa

I set Self-modifying code Method to Protected Memory and when i finished the first level i got the same error mentioned above "executing from non mapped space". I am using PJ64 1.5b1 + DaedalusD3D 0.08-2 on XP With a Geforce 3 ti 200

sk8bloke22

roll for life
well usually that error (from wat i can remember) suggest u hav a bad rom, i could be wrong their. it could be that the rom version u hav is not compatible with pj64. not totally sure tho.

bodie

sounds like a bad rom ...and the person getting constant INVALIDCALL messages ,that happened to me and it was my directx 8.1 that was buggered (not literally) :p
..BTW rice the ground in ridge racer is black with your plugin but with the official Daedalus D3D plugin it's correct ..also in banjo tooie there seems to be polygon glitching on the title screen when the screen scrolls down

ksk980

flying dragon bug

yes,flying dragon is finally playable with Unofficial Daedalus D3D8 Rel. 2 on pj1.5b:D

the games's title have funny shape appear,
some part of the screen vanish,
funny shape appear but it will appear when you play the game,
blending problem when your are fighting and hp and time are
not shown.

keep up the good work.:D :D :D

sk8bloke22

roll for life
yup, 1964.0.8.4 (unreleased beta) pj641.5 (unreleased beta) and apollo (unreleased beta) . so basically ur gonna hav to wait a bit.

abb

yoshi's story

i get that error as well with Yoshi's Story (E) [!]

with Yoshi's Story (U) [!] it crashes after the selecting of the lucky fruit. they're both good roms.

MADrigal

G&W programmer
I changed to protected memory and didnt get the error at the end of Level 1 anymore!

I played up to Level 3 before shutting down, and got no major problems - I'm using a [E][!] version

Natus

what's your puter specs and directx version
what's your video card

does the game work with other plugins? (you might have a bad rom?)