What's new

The unofficial Daedalus D3D8 Rel. 2 is here, binary and src

DarkKnight38

The original
alright, it says that ogre battle 64 is playable, after reading about Banjo Tooie, is OB64 the same way, only playable on the unreleased versions of emulators, or can i play it on PJ64 1.5b1?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
DarkKnight38, OB64 is not like Tooie, it is playable in current 1964, and I believe it is also full playable in latest PJ64.

DarkKnight38

The original
project 64 is messing all up on me. Looks like i'm going to have to go to 1964, unless i find a solution to my problem. I'll post a screen. And when you said latest version, did you mean latest version as in 0.7.3, or latest version as in 0.8.3? I can't seem to find 0.8.3, i tried both zophar and ngemu, and they have appeared to have taken it down.. Well, looks like google to the rescue.

this screen is of the title screen using the default settings for the plugin, and the rsp in intertpreter mode, because the rdb said to. I tried it in the normal recompiler mode, and it did the same thing, but at 35fps instead of 15fps.

flow``

flow``
looks like your drivers or dx...

download the latest nvidia drivers @ nvidia.com and directx @ microsoft.com/directx

DarkKnight38

The original
Alright, i know it's not a driver problem now, i just installed the latest drivers and the same thing happened. I also tried it on jabo's d3d plugin, and the opening works fine like the rdb says it does. Since it says that it is supposed to work, and jabo's does work on the opening, i must be configuring the plugin wrong. Does OB64 need any special settings?

Endo2000

Specific advice please

OK, this is driving me nuts. I have tried P64, 1964, Daedalus with the old & new vid plugins with Yoshi--and nothing works. I have tried it on 2 different machines now--with different video cards, Win XP Home.

Please: give me the breakdown on different emulators and specifically what needs to be tweaked for it to work!

Thanks!

flow``

flow``
orge battle isn't perfectly emulated so i'm not sure what you're expecting. just updating drivers and dx is all i can really recommend. DX 8.1 is a must in most instances..

DarkKnight38

The original
i'm expecting playable like the readme and rice said, what's happening now is far from playable.
*sigh*
i've played around, and got nothing. i'll just have to wait for future releases i guess.

DarkKnight38

The original
i don't think the plugin likes my video card. That's alright, i'm gonna take a giant leap to a geforce 4 ti 4600 soon, hopefully.

DarkKnight38

The original
Hmm, i got it working somewhat (i had normal combine on:blush: ), but now the backrounds are missing, but only some of them. it's quite annoying, and i think this may be the best i can get it. Oh well, it's better than nothing.

I just wanted to say something about Yoshi's Story,cos as I saw many ppl set this to protect memory on PJ64.Well the game works
fine in check memory & cache (no freeze in the fruits).With this one you won't have the known protect memory's "pauses" and also some ppl with slower machines can gain a little speed...

StonedConker

Rice said:
Well, let me say this again. I have stopped working on this plugin, let's hope someone will continue it.

Regarding Voodoo cards, this plugin need to be ported back to DirectX 7.0 in order to support 3dfx cards. In fact, glide64 is the best choice for voodoos, I believe he will catch up the 2D ucodes.
That's truth.Glide works very well with the 2D screens.
:bunny: