What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The New Hi-Rez Zelda Retexture Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgrevolution

few texture problems.......

this is great! although.....I dont think my walls or buildings are working....

Am I right?
zzelda.bmp.jpg

If this has something to do with hardware.....im screwed :(

EDIT: well it looks like it works on 1964 :):) Ill just use this instead :)
zeldaupdate.bmp.jpg

Last edited:

eternalcold

*smacks head* duh sorry lol I really should have checked the positioning before commenting. By the way, incredibly amazing, beautiful, Gorgeous, ingenious..etc..etc.. mod. I love you (Intended in a str8 way :) )

Spartan_Mortis

None of the textures with ciByRGBA work for me... I've tried 1964 and Project 64... Everything looks amazing except for the walls in the Kokiri forest and all the other textures I can't see.... Any suggestions?

Spartan_Mortis

If the newest plugin is 6.1.0c...Then yes. Things like the back of the Hyrule Shield.. The buildings in the Kokiri forest and any other thing that containts ciByRGBA and the end of the file name...

nEmoGrinder

ok, I tried to offer help in the old forum and kinda got scoffed at...deservedly so. I am glad all the packs are starting to be compiled into one texture pack, it will speed things up a lot.

although it didnt work last time I'm going to offer my services AGAIN to try and help. if you dont think you need the help it's fine but if you would appreciate me trying to help retexture this is what I kind of need to help:

I have artistic talent, which is one thing a lot of people before had none of (scanning a picture from a strat guide and saying 'hey look im a rexteturer because im so leet is not talent). This isnt me trying to say I'm better than anyone because I am far from it, I just have a passion for art. what I DONT have is any technical skill whatsoever. which mean si do not know how to dump textures let alone compile them back into the game and any nitty gritty details such as how big the retextures should be and the like. so THIS is what I propose:

I know KMan is busy so maybe not him, but someone who knows which textures have already been completeed could post/send me a NONE completed texture in some sort of picture format, I'll re-draw it using my tablet or whatever using whatever pixel dimensions/resolutions I am told to use, then I'll post it/send it back after it's completed to be added to the pack.

I realize that it's a bit of work for somebody to help me but I find that with these retexturing groups there are not enough people actually retexturing and far too many people dumping and scanning random crap to post. so this is my offer, take it or leave it, either way there has been TONS of great work done on this pack and I patiantly await the next release.

nEmoGrinder

PS: once this pack nears SOME sort of completion, will there be some sort of majora's mask retexturing group formed? a lot of these textures could be re-used in such an undertaking.

OP
KMan

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Well, I'm pretty much just doing this by myself at the moment. I've had a hard enough time working with djipi because of the language barrier. It also takes too much time for me to go over everything someone else does and make sure it fits in the area well/isn't a duplicate/and shows up where it's supposed to show up. I'm having an easier time now doing my own quality control as I know that the stuff I'm doing till look like I want it to.

As far as me doing Majora's Mask= NO

OP
KMan

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
If you actually tried the pack, you would have seen that the shield has already been made.

nEmoGrinder

I'll take that as a very long way of sayign thanks but no thanks, and I agree, you do quality work and although it takes a lot longer I think one person doign everything does simplify a lot. I just wish there was a simpler way of listing every texture in the game and which have been completed already, like a checklist of some sort. it would probably work better than 'instal the pack and get to the part of the game where the texture is and see for yourself'.

anyways, I'll keep an eye on the boards (unlike the 200 page monster) and if anythign comes up that I think I can help with that you wouldn't be able to handle on your own or with the help of the few others posting textures, I'll chip in.

nEmoGrinder

PS: I only mentioned majora's mask because I thought having completed OoT you coudl re-use textures....obviously, after starting to play the game again, very few textures are reused, and there are a lot more objects in the game, so maybe you're right, 'NO' is the right answer

Terranigma

KMan said:
If you actually tried the pack, you would have seen that the shield has already been made.

I do have all the packs, but I've lost track of all the updates recently due to my work. I don't even know if I have the newest pack.

Allanon

I musta done something with the graphics settings wrong, because now the emulator (P64) moves at like 1.73 FPS anyone know whats wrong? I just changed some of the textures around from some packs that I liked...

nEmoGrinder

GOD DAMNIT STOP ASKING FOR HELP!!!!!

why doesnt somebody start a thread dedicated to teaching people how to use the pack? then all the noobs can go THERE. and put a link on the first post. that way nobody will even attempt to post in here. hopefully. just my two cents on how to keep this thread as clean as possible

OP
KMan

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Yes, please do. I'm only making this pack for 1964, so if you are using anything else, tough luck. And you also mentioned that you were using other peoples packs in conjunction, so you are SOL there, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.