What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The New Hi-Rez Zelda Retexture Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerber2k

I think your gonna need to let it slide no way your gonna stop people from posting worthless tweaks. (Yes I see how it got brighter....but I think K-man could have done it thats why it was in PSD) Anyhow K-man you should have layed the rules down to begin with...what are border guidlines for worthless posts?:jason:

OP
KMan

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
For one, the posts should be related to collecting other peoples retexturing packs to one pack that everyone can use, and there is no confusion. Feedback on the textures is always welcome.

I DO NOT consider making the weapon icons, new text, start screen logos, etc to fall under the term of retexturing. They put no real effort put into remaking the texture themselves. They probably think that cutting and pasting images from magazines and the internet and applying a drop shadow filter makes it awesome. For all I care, all of that should be kept in the 200+ page spam-fest.

Also, discussion about cheats, why something doesn't work or won't load does not belong here, either. There is an entire forum section devoted to the cheats, and since nothing has been released yet, why are there people saying that it won't load.

When the pack does get released, it will be posted on the first page, as well as a new post when it does get updated. Then we can start seeing some feedback on if a texture is missing in a zone that was supposedly 100% complete.

This falls under a pet peeve that involves the word 'beta'. I see so many people releaseing beta versions of models or maps for other games, and it is very stupid to me. I can go on and on about why it does not belong, but I don't feel like I should waste my breath on it.

I'm going to put this up on the front page, too. So there should be no excuse why someone is posting uselessness. This is a thread for production, not bullshittery. We should be making things, instead of droning on about a shadow on a shield for a logo that is only seen at the beginning of the game.

Last edited:

Kerber2k

I think that about clears things up for me. I ofcoarse see the reasoning behind it. I originally thought the items were finished. Not knowing ground rules for your thread, and a combination of wanting to be somewhat helpful. I guess thats ignorance on my part. Seeing as it takes no skill to photoshop scans, but it does take time...time that you will be spending on creating original textures. This is where I was ignorant to think I would try to be helpful and get worthless things out of the way for you. I will see to it if I do post again here it will be of original content. I should like to sugest adding all coments should be constructive, and not just "WOW LIKE LIKE THAT ROX MY SOX" Anyhow dont let me damper the creative mood of this thread. Ta-Ta :shifty:

Last edited:

The Dave

I agree with Kman as well, but Kerber, I don't think you were really a target of his words. An example, that was given by Kman, was the like 3-4 pages were people were making the logo for the start screen and then people would say, "No the shadow is wrong!" or "Too much saturation".

Which was ridiculous because unless you're comparing it to something it looked fine, and it's not just that texture but something like the stairs Amon made where there was like two pages of how to tweak that, that in my opinion, made the federelli threads painful to read, and kill the production of the pack.

Now we have this pack, which is the "No bullshit let's just make the textures" pack, which I love to finally see.

Kerber2k

I dont understand why I always have to say I agree to get my point across....read my comments...I use words like "I understand the reason for this" blah blah so on and such this means I agree, but by no means, and I stress this unfortunetly will this thread be clean of noob posts, and other garbage carried over form the previous thread. Im always the example, and evertime I am I feel like somones taking me to school. Anyhow forget this topic all together and lets start trying to abide by the ground rules...gotta start somewhere. Heres the high-rez damage effect I made...the thing with this effect even at 4X it looks low-rez Im thinking more of a starburst effect that spins whatnot might be more effective at this point or perhaps even blood depending on the direction Kman wants to go other sugestions?

Last edited:

picartman

KMan said:
Just to show that we have been making progress-

volvagia.jpg

:cry::cry::cry:
i wanna see those in my game so badly. wth is wrong with my textures?? theyre all in the right place

pedrocasilva

fps_anth said:
Holy Crap. That looks like gamecube graphics. Wow. That's amazing!
volvagia always had mindblowing graphics mind you ;)

but yeah... looks great, I'd like to make a coment on how the creators could improve it, but I can't, it looks awesome.

OP
KMan

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Added Pack 01 (text and interface art) download link to first post in thread.

picartman

i hope ill be able to use them when they come out. do some things in the game still look flat like paper? or you cant really edit that? and everything still looks like its "pointey" like the edges of some rocks, walls ,etc etc, or is that once again not in your area of design?

Status
Not open for further replies.