What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The Help Thread (Djipi's and also Federelli's packs)

kg_klr_cia

Why did u make us download ricevedios and bmglib if we didnt use them and the whole moding didnt work i think its because those ricevedios and bmglib that u made us download with no resone:whistling
please reply fast

Toasty

Sony battery
kg_klr_cia said:
Why did u make us download ricevedios and bmglib if we didnt use them and the whole moding didnt work i think its because those ricevedios and bmglib that u made us download with no resone:whistling
please reply fast
:plain: Rice's plugin and the BMGlib.dll are what make loading and using these textures possible - until more plugins with hi-res texture loaders are written anyway.

kg_klr_cia

but there is no dll in bmglib just txts and alot of other types and do i leave those on the desktop or do i put it in the plugins folder for the project64???

kgklrops.jpg

kg_klr_cia

Mollymutt said:
Are you that lazy? There is a step by step earlier in this thread!! Take 2 minutes and look for it!
ok i looked everywhere in this website but i couldnt find anything if u have the URL then please post it and help me out here
tx man
:watsup::watsup::watsup::watsup:

Vasial

Okay, I got RiceVideo6.1.0 working on my emulator, it loads good and it's fast and perfect, and it made a new folder called texture_dump. Now to the next step, I got the Final Celda release, made by Djipi, and as I've understood so far, I need to make a new folder under plugins. With the texture_dump folder made by the new plugin, do I still have to do so and if so what should I call it? Next question, Djipi's Final Celda comes inside of all kinds of folders, so I should not have to do all the folders like it was saying at the beginning of this topic should I? If so then I give up. Then, the final question, I saw somewhere that I should dump the textures, make them 4X bigger, then load them, none of that makes sence to a noob like me. Can anyone clarify all this for me?

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
1. Use Rice's Beta10, not 6.1.0.
2. Yes, you do need to make a new folder called "hires_texture". This is so you can seperate the original, unaltered textures from the new, highres/altered textures.
3. No, you don't have to do those folders.
4. If you want to make your own texture pack, then you dump textures from your game of choice, resize them in a picture editing program like Photoshop to 4x the original size (makes them much higher res, which was the original point of the plugin), edit the textures the way that you want them and place them in the hires_texture folder under the internal name of your game of choice. In other words, you don't have to worry about it if you're not doing a high res texture project yourself.

EDIT: Also, search for the "Step by Step" thread in these forums - it could help you out.

Vasial

Okay, so now that I've made that folder, I got the new plugin, and unzipped Djipi's MOD, it has a folder called "The Legend of Zelda", I move that into hires_textures? Note: I'm playing Master Quest, should I rename the folder first?

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
No, don't rename it. Also, the folder is hires_texture - no s. If it's off at all, it won't work.
If it doesn't work at all with MQ, you have a bad version of MQ. Get the MQ Bad2Good patch from the thread of the same name in General N64 Discussion.
EDIT: to make it clearer, yes, you do move it into hires_texture.

Vasial

It works with both Master Quest and Normal, thank you so much!!!!

Edit

Hmmm, I'm not so excited after all... I was using one of Jabo's Vid plugins before I started pursuing HiRes, and it worked quite nice, a little less good than the new Rice ones, but one upside was that being that I have a pretty outdated computer, I need Frame Skip on, and it worked with Jabo's, but when I put the Automatic Frame Skip (comes with 1964) or the Skip Frame option that comes with the plugin, or both, on, fullscreen mode starts freakig out. Every other frame is just a black screen, and if you could visualize that, it's terrible. I also have the two options, Force Software T&L and Using Software Vertex Clipper under DirectX turned off because they make it too slow. Those are the only options I changed in the Video settings, is there a known way to make it stop the messed up frame skipping?

Edit

If there is no way to stop the messed up skipping, there is another solution, the only thing I need Frame Skip on for is the sound, the sound on most games is pretty bad with it off, I'm using "schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2 based on UltraHLE", if there is a better one that can render the sound correctally and faster, I can most likely manage without Frame Skip on, so if anyone knows one, please help.

Last edited:

AppleWhacks

Im new to this
Know whats wrong??????

I cant hookshot to the graple thing (the gate has to down... i know. I saw a joke comming about that) anyway, Like i just cant move over that one spot. I have tryed it from every possible direction and angle. Could it be that I don't have the updating graphics version? and if thats the case can someone please post an actual usable set of instructions for installing it....

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a373/misfitsfiend450/help.jpg

Thanks for your time... anyone who read this

The_Z

"The_A"
shoot the eye switch with the arrows first. Then hook shot to that graple as that's the only way to get across fast enough.
BTW, you should've made a seperate thread for this.

AppleWhacks

Im new to this
no no no. i know HOW to get there. my problem is that i cant direct the hookshot over the pad. its like there isnt anything there so it just skips over it. I just didnt feel ike opening the gate for a screen shot.

Ps. sorry about not making a thread

Clements

AppleWhacks said:
no no no. i know HOW to get there. my problem is that i cant direct the hookshot over the pad. its like there isnt anything there so it just skips over it. I just didnt feel ike opening the gate for a screen shot.

Ps. sorry about not making a thread

I found this easy using an analog pad.

eschek

hey did i get it right?..
djipi made a cel pack...so the special effects in particular were improved
while federelli improved the resolution of the environment.

so is it possible to combine those packs in one folder?

keep up the good work :)

Belcorwyn

Alright, I did what you said..

Doesn't Work.

I've got Project64, and I've done as instructed by this thread. I've created a new folder in Project64 directory: hires_textures, and within it I've placed Djipi's cel shaded file (the complete file) The Legend of Zelda, and I've also downloaded and included Rice's files in my plug-in directory, yet I notice no difference in textures within the game. The backgrounds are still blurry, definition lines are still jaggy, etc. What gives?

Belcorwyn