What's new

The EmuTalk PSP Thread {Merged}

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Well I ordered one. Managed to get a pretty good deal in the end. Should be here in 2-3 days. :D

bodie

I purchased a PSP from videogamesplus.ca and recieved it withing three days, they marked the box $20 CDN (childrens toy) so i didn't have to pay import tax.
Absolutely no dead pixels, and the quality of the games/movies/screen is unbelievable, and i am not that easily impressed, unless you happen to be topless with a carefree attitude towards sex :p ...and female...hurrah!
I ordered it with Ridge Racer and a SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo 512mb and a few other bits and bobs, currently waiting for Fifa 2005 and Hotshots golf to arrive..
I am a battle hardened gamer and have owned most home systems, so trust me when i say that when you see one of these, touch one of these, you will want one. Now, if they hurry up with that browser firmware update, i can stick my laptop up the loft :) (yes i know about the wipeout hack...*shudders*)
Bodie
If it was a toss up between being given one of these systems, or a chinese lady giving me money for sexual favours... you know what.........SHOW ME THE MONEY! :D

Last edited:

bodie

Jaz said:
Well I ordered one. Managed to get a pretty good deal in the end. Should be here in 2-3 days. :D
Jaz, you honestly wont regret it, and the fact they don't region lock the games is a huge bonus. How they packed that kind of technology into that small unit i will never know.
Did you order any games with it?
Bodie

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I ordered from ImportMadness.com.

- PSP Hardware (PSP-1000K Value Pack)
- Gretzky NHL
- 32 MB Memory Stick Duo
- Headphones with remote control
- Battery pack
- AC adaptor
- Soft case and cleaning cloth
- Movie/music/game video sampler UMD disc including multiple non-interactive game demo

All for £169, and 2-3 Courier Delivery Worldwide.

I'm going to order Wipeout today seeing as I just got paid, and mayble Twisted Metal also.

Anyone played Metal Gear Ac!d?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Ack, you big spenders. The psp is a little tad too expensive still.
The funny thing though, is that if you get the right accessories, the psp and the ds are pretty much equal in functionality, yet the ds costs less. But then, the accessories... -_-
Take care of those psps now, you hear? They're fragile :p

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Well my PSP arrived yesterday (see attached!), and I must say that I am very impressed with it.

The video quality on it when watching films is incredible. It's so much better than I had expected. I figured I wouldn't use it to watch movies too much, but my opinions changed drastically after watching movies on it for about 2 minutes! It really blew me away.

As for the games, I've only played Gretzky's Hockey for a small while, but it is pretty damn good. I'm expecting Wipeout and Twisted Metal in the next few days, so I shall save comment until they arrive.

Overall though, I am thouroughly chuffed with my PSP - well worth the money, and I can certainly see it getting used with the summer coming up!

Jaz is officially a PSP convert. :happy:

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
nice one, i'll be gettin one in early august asI'm gettin a job straight after I've finished me GCSE exams, so eventually i'll be gettin one maybe from ebay or the site you ordered form Jaz.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
I cannot reccomend ImportMadness.com enough. They only charge £6.99 for 3 day shipping (ordered on Thursday, got it on Monday), and they marked it as a $30 toy so I didn't even have to pay any import tax.

For the record, I've heard stories that people have paid in excess of £50 import tax from other companies.

Again, highly recommended. Plus they were one of the cheapest options anyway!

Doomulation

ImportMaddness is expensive, this I know. But... I suppose that if you wish to pay extra for something, go ahead.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Doomulation said:
ImportMaddness is expensive, this I know. But... I suppose that if you wish to pay extra for something, go ahead.

Based on what I bought...

Lik-Sang
PSP Value Pack - £149.
Gretzy Hockey - £26.51.
UK Adaptor - £9.99.
Spiderman 2 UMD - £21.20.
Postage to UK - £17.99.
Total: £224.79.

ImportMadness
PSP Value Pack - £149.
Gretzky Hocky - £20.
Spiderman 2 UMD - Free.
UK Adaptor - Free.
Postage to UK - £6.99.
Total: £176.98.

PlayAsia

PSP Value Pack - £150.12.
Gretzky Hockey - £26.76.
UK Adaptor - Free.
Spiderman 2 UMD - £20.23.
Postage to the UK - £16.96.
Total: £217.07.

Furthermore, it has been announced in the UK that the PSP will be released over here in September with the price of the basic pack at £180. So if you think of it logically, I managed to get it 5 months before it comes out over here, with a free game, movie and accessories, and for £4 cheaper.

Personally I didn't think it was a bad deal. :huh:

Doomulation

Hmm, yes you're right. Quite a bargain. There doesn't seem to be a popular site that has any cheaper price (dvdboxoffice ~145£). But I have previously seen (at least concerning games) that they're much more expensive at importmadness (plus shipping! O_O) than at dvdboxoffice, at the very least...

*Shrugs* Good deal, I guess.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Yeah, if I'm honest I was surprised at how cheap they were.

I normally import from LikSang.

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
err.... for all you people that think the PSP is not worth it, THERE IS A GBC EMULATOR for it now (too bad that 1.5 firmware doesn't let it work... :yucky: ).

smcd

Neospy said:
err.... for all you people that think the PSP is not worth it, THERE IS A GBC EMULATOR for it now (too bad that 1.5 firmware doesn't let it work... :yucky: ).

YEAH OMG!!!!1111 lolzors let's spend $200+ on a device so we can play GB/GBC games with NO SOUND! Forget buying a GBA or NDS for that purpose for far less...

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
just wonderin jaz, how's the psp? ive been readin stuff about e3 and star wars battlefront 2, mortal kombat and viewtiful joe have been confirmed for it:D, have u got the other games you ordered?