What's new

The EmuTalk PSP Thread {Merged}

knowitman

The music and movies in actuallity are pretty good. The music could be a little better since it only allows one folder level inside the music folder which would be like artist instead of 2 sublevels arist-->album. That can easily be fixed with a firmware upgrade I bet. The video is also pretty good. I've heard of UMD movie rentals. You could also buy a 1 gig memory stick and then rip a DVD and fit it on there. You could only fit one movie though. They don't make blank UMDs or anything right now. The movies also use a pretty tough encryption so it would be hard to make one even if you could burn UMDs.

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
The PSP thread!!

Ok, I got my PSP a while back!

Post your stuff about yours, like how many dead pixels, whats your username on infrustructure games, etc.

MY PSP:

2 dead pixels (going away)

Twisted Metal name: NeospyDX

I have NBA, TM:HO, and Untold Legends.

>neospy

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Although I don't have a PSP, I do know that the amount of dead pixels is nothing to be proud of.

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
ScottJC said:
Although I don't have a PSP, I do know that the amount of dead pixels is nothing to be proud of.
LOL, I know that, but inital reports are saying that some people haave lots of dead pixels!! I had quite a few, but they fired properly and now work except for 2 that stay white all the time.

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Apparently my brother's DS has a few dead pixels. Nintendo's official response was to "give it a few weeks" and see if he still minded before getting it replaced. Right... because they'll get less distracting on that small screen how? ;)

I personally can't believe it's still perfectly legal for a company to sell a product with defective pixels like this and not have to offer a replacement. Keeps me from considering LCD monitors or TV's as an option though, so it saves me money if nothing else.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
IIRC Nintendo and Sony were offering replacements for units with dead pixels.. but to be honest, 1, 2, or even 3 dead pixels isn't as annoying as it may sound. My friend's PSP has 3 and you can really hardly tell when you're in a game or movie..

Luckily, my DS's pixels are all perfect. :)

knowitman

I think I may have one dead pixal. I only notice it if I look for it really close to the screen and the conditions on the screen are just right. I know a guy that had a DS, and he said he had one that was really noticable.

Just incase the dead pixal starts to annoy me or I get more I'll just call Sony up and get a new one before the warrenty expires.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I have 0 dead pixels on my DS, and I won't buy a PSP until the price drops to about 100 bucks. 250 dollars for a handheld is insane. Espically with the measly battery life.

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Sooo...... Um..... DOES ANYONE HAVE A PSP? HELLO? I wanna know some emutalk people that have twisted metal!

knowitman

I have Twisted Metal. It is a good game. I don't feel like playing online though. My brother may play you.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Well I'm trying to blag a free PSP at the moment from Sony (a review copy, you understand), and I'm winning them over. So ask me again in a few weeks. ;)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
So I've decided I'm going to invest in a PSP due to the recent price-drop (now £149 for the value pack). I'm going to get Wipeout Pure, but I don't know what other game to get. I'm thinking of Twisted Metal - opinions folks with PSP's?

Clements

I saw this amusing PSP related image recently which I must share. It is about 900kb but is so worth it. :p

OP
DarthDazDC

DarthDazDC

An Alright Guy
lol, iv been lookin on ebay, and a lot of them have dropped, to around £160 with one game, but i wasnt keen on gettin a japanese psp, as the firmware would all be in japanese, but then i found that its region is region 2, the same as it is in the uk, so could I get a japanese psp, then possibly change the firmware language to english, and buy a us game and movie?

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Jaz said:
So I've decided I'm going to invest in a PSP due to the recent price-drop (now £149 for the value pack). I'm going to get Wipeout Pure, but I don't know what other game to get. I'm thinking of Twisted Metal - opinions folks with PSP's?
Twisted metal rocks!!! The online gameplay makes it really fun. Also, the graphics are beautiful and the wait times are short.