What's new

the big graphics card survey of Project64 users

Which graphics card do you mainly use with Project64?

• 3dfx Voodoo 1/2

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • 3dfx Banshee

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • 3dfx Voodoo 3

Votes: 24 5.3%
  • 3dfx Voodoo 4/5

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • ATI Rage Pro

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • ATI Rage 128

Votes: 11 2.4%
  • ATI Radeon (any model of)

Votes: 50 11.1%
  • Intel (i740, i810, other)

Votes: 12 2.7%
  • Matrox G100/G200

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Matrox G400/G450/G550

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • NEC PowerVR Kyro 1/2

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • nVidia Riva128

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nVidia TNT 1/2

Votes: 45 10.0%
  • nVidia GeForce 1/2

Votes: 176 38.9%
  • nVidia GeForce 3/4

Votes: 76 16.8%
  • S3 Savage 2000/4

Votes: 8 1.8%
  • Other (any card not listed here)

Votes: 13 2.9%
  • Don't know (I'm not exactly sure which card I have in my PC)

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
WHAAT?! Only 24 votes for the GF3/4?!?

:D MY card of choice is of course this heavily overclocked GF3-TI200.

Not a glitch in sight that isn't an emu problem.

BTW before this card I had a TNT2 M64 (PCI) and before that... a 3DFX Banshee (1x AGP). Heh, thats one huge upgrade...

Last edited:

rtb

Martin said:

Smiff, update you n00s, will ya? From a as-many-votes-as-possible perspective it would probably be ideal to update the official PJ64 website with a news post and a direct link to this thread as well, but unfortunetely it would most likely cause people to get up their hopes, and as Blizz once said, all the wankers would come out of the wood work (referring to lamers getting attracted). Also, zilmar & jabo probably don't want to spoil their pretty, final post with the final release in. :p

Considering that guests aren't able to vote, and that probably 75% of our members are inactive, the number of votes so far is not that bad. :). Just having this thread sticky won't get us many votes per day (evidently).

Just my two cents. :satisfied

I think 75% of our members are inactive cuz they asked there questions, got answers or not, and they go on with their lives. you should delete them, after 3 months or so...

Martin

Administrator
And why would I want to delete them? There's no reason for that, people would just get upset. I think we still got a pretty good clue about which members are active and which aren't. :happy:

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
geforce 2 gts runs great witn pj64, but i notice something with the mx, on my cousins computer it may have something to do with his drivers or it may be the card... in any case when he ran mario party 3 part of the screen was cut off when i tried it on my card i didn't have that problem... now is it the card or his settings?

Slougi

You were propably trying to play an (E) rom and didn't have the latest rdb with the resolution fixes.

whatboy

But I'm currently using the nVidia Vanta 16Mb... the Ati Radeon is broke... I'm waiting for the replacement... :(

pavelbure

i am currently using a nvidia tnt2 32mb card now. i have a question, when playing mario kart64 my fps is anywhere from 40-50, with the price of video cards dropping would i get better performance from a geforce 3 ?

my pc specs are:
p3 600 mhz
256 ram

i run this under a clean windows98 for best performance.

Slougi

You wouldn't get better performance, the bottleneck is your cpu. The gfx card does not affect speed in PJ64

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
:D Unless you talk about antialiasing... that's the exact same situatiun I was in. AA is incredible on the GF3.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
pavelbure said:
i am currently using a nvidia tnt2 32mb card now. i have a question, when playing mario kart64 my fps is anywhere from 40-50, with the price of video cards dropping would i get better performance from a geforce 3 ?

my pc specs are:
p3 600 mhz
256 ram

i run this under a clean windows98 for best performance.

if you are using the budget M64 version and run a color depth of 32-bit, than purchasing a higher end card (GeForce2/3/4 series) will help, having used this card prior to my GeForce2MX400 I would definitely recommend running 16-bit color ...

this poll is going well so far, but i feel it is nearing it's end, maybe we'll close it off soon

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Jabo said:

if you are using the budget M64 version and run a color depth of 32-bit, than purchasing a higher end card (GeForce2/3/4 series) will help, having used this card prior to my GeForce2MX400 I would definitely recommend running 16-bit color ...

this poll is going well so far, but i feel it is nearing it's end, maybe we'll close it off soon
Why actually close it off at all? ???
It's still of use, isn't it?

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Doomulation said:

Why actually close it off at all? ???
It's still of use, isn't it?

Yah, I guess we could just let this poll hang around for a while longer, at least until we need this sticky space again

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
I used to have a TNT2 M64... only difference in emulators I noticed was that the GF3 can do FSAA :p . No difference in performance for emus, but lotsa other games run A LOT faster. MW4 for example.

...Of course I only just recently started running 32-bit color, it may make a difference on the M64.

pavelbure

yeah ill probably get a new motherboard and processor then. probably within a year. its still playable now anyways.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
some observations

- there's about 6x as many GeForce owners as Radeon owners
- almost as many have a Voodoo3/Banshee as have a Radeon
- the Kyro has almost no penetration at all
- the G400 is less popular than I was hoping (and didn't expect much)
- there are some poor sods out there using a Savage w/ PJ