Not open for further replies.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Ichtob said:
@Stezo2k

lol... you think you can play it with your GF3? :\
remember its a Teaser too
and 2600 mh won´t be enough

yeah i do, i have ran many things full speed with it, don't underestermate it, all the latest pc games work fine with it, don't forget my rig isn't low spec yet

3000+ PR rating doesn't mean you can run it full speed either, so quit flaming

Seasomeor

All I have to do now is search... I have a decent machine if I can say soo myself... I have to see how well this works :unsure:

Clements

YoungLink said:
Well I am facing a LOT of DLL problems on installing. e.g. d3d9.dll, ddraw.dll, kernel32.dll, etc

Make sure you have Windows 2000/XP and you have DirectX 9.0b installed [properly].

d3d9.dll and ddraw.dll are files associated with DirectX (9)

YoungLink

Banned
Now I have problems on kernel32.dll - Can anyone zip that file, upload it and give it to me? I tried a few DLL sites but those Kernel32.dll's don't work!

Clements

Do you have Windows 2000/XP? If you haven't then that's the problem.

If you do have 2000/XP, the problem could be almost anything including a Virus attack.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I'll simply say one thing: you can't replace that file. It's the core of windows ;)
Prolly, you have an old OS.

YoungLink

Banned
I use Windows XP Pro, but it is not in US English. Is that the problem? Also, I did NOT say I'll copy the dll file(s) into the SYSTEM32 folder but the folder of the setup file.

Rashael

It shouldn't matter what language you are using. Over half of the people who use Dolphin dont use US English.

YoungLink

Banned
Rashael said:
It shouldn't matter what language you are using. Over half of the people who use Dolphin dont use US English.
But I am using a Chinese Version, unlike that of other people, Chinese charaters ars double-byted.

Anyway, can anyone archive kernel.dll into a zip, upload it and send it to my mailbox at [email protected] It should be below 400KB, so just send it!

A window popup appear, saying
Can't find "program input point" MakeCriticalSectionGlobal at Kernel32.dll
In addition, Chinese kernel32 is 1.08MB while English one is only 460KB. I've downloaded that file from a DLL site but it doesn't work!

Last edited:

puntloos

Hate to ask..

Strangely I couldn't find this anywhere.. My question, quite an obvious one, is:

What performance will the reasonably optimized 'final' version of this emulator reach

I.e. can someone give me a ballpark system spec that will be able to do in emulation what a GC does for real? Anandtech says currently 4.5fps is about what you get on windwaker, what will be a fair guess for the Real Thing(tm)

kage

I think the reason you haven't been able to find that answer is simply because even the authors dont know. Obviously they strive to have as many games as they can running, and at a fully playable speed I'm sure. However, because they have not yet achieved that goal, I don't think anyone knows where this emu will get to.

Given enough time, and the AMAZING work the authors have done so far, I really do expect close to total emulation (full fps with little to no graphic problems), but I don't think anyone knows exactly how long that will take.

I hope that help puntloos.

:ninja:

puntloos

Thanks Kage, you're prolly right.

Although it's also usually true that programmers have some insight in what components of their systems are in 'bad' need of optimizing. Obviously at this stage no 'final' estimate can be given, but perhaps a ballpark is possible for the anxiously curious like myself :p

Dark_Raziel

Linux version ?

Hello all,

I'm a GNU/Linux user and i would like to know if you are in tend to release any Linux version of dolphin :linux:
I've a website dedicaced on Emulation and games onto Linux :
http://www.darkworld.gnurus.org (in french cause i am)
and i will be very happy to add your emulator to the list of kick asses emulators :))

PS : sorry for my pathetic english...

OP
E

ector

Emulator Developer
I have extremely little time at the moment and so no time to work on Dolphin right now. Don't expect any progress for a while, at least not from me.
Anyhow here are some answers:
Linux Version: Nope, at least not anytime soon. The graphics plugin depends on Direct3D9 since it's the superior 3D API. OpenGL is such a mess in my opinion, and I'm writing the graphics plugin :)
Speed: The only thing I can say for sure is that it can become quite a bit faster but don't expect to play Wind Waker realtime on today's computers.
About the chinese DLL problems: The next version will probably be compiled with #define UNICODE so hopefully these problems will disappear.

I can't make any promises if and when anything of the above will happen. If we have the free time and regain motivation, it will happen, otherwise not. Dolphin is just a free-time project for fun :)

Loki

ector said:
I have extremely little time at the moment and so no time to work on Dolphin right now. Don't expect any progress for a while, at least not from me.
Anyhow here are some answers:
Linux Version: Nope, at least not anytime soon. The graphics plugin depends on Direct3D9 since it's the superior 3D API. OpenGL is such a mess in my opinion, and I'm writing the graphics plugin :)
Speed: The only thing I can say for sure is that it can become quite a bit faster but don't expect to play Wind Waker realtime on today's computers.
About the chinese DLL problems: The next version will probably be compiled with #define UNICODE so hopefully these problems will disappear.

I can't make any promises if and when anything of the above will happen. If we have the free time and regain motivation, it will happen, otherwise not. Dolphin is just a free-time project for fun :)

Any plans on releasing the source if you guys find that you just don't have the time anymore.... It'd be a shame to let (what you have so far) go to waste, should you decided to leave it be.... :(

kage

Hey ector, I totally understand if you dont have time to continue on Dolphin at the moment, I'm just wondering, on the Dolphin Homepage it also lists F|RES and schibo. Are they continueing their work, or is everything gonna grind to a halt for now?

If thats too nosey of a question, I apologize.

I hope to still see you on the boards. :)

PS;
How long did you help the Icarus team, and have you been involved in other projects as well in the past (that I may have heard of...??)

:ninja:

FiRES

Emulator Developer
we havnt done any real progress since the release.
i am very busy with my job atm...
btw no progress isnt something new for the project. iirc we havnt program anything last october too :)
dolphin is just another "just for fun" project and not the sense of life :)

cheers F|RES

Status
Not open for further replies.