What's new

super mario 64 to 120 fps in a slow computer

petronius79

There's not only N64 emulation. Try to play games in Zinc and you'll see that any Geforce card can perform well. Or EPSX emulator. You'll see that the Geforce performs well no matter what model. And for a 15'; monitor the quality remains the same.

And anyway whats the difference between 50 fps and 60 fps when you try to play a N64 ROM? Banjo tooie runs between 38 and 47 fps which seems fine to me. Who wants to run it at 90 fps?

It is just that mentality of constant upgrading that matters here.
I'll try to keep my Geforce for some years. Except Emulation games I use my PC just for the Internet and word processing.
If I wanted it for PC games I would have needed to upgrade it 2-3 times a year but its not worth the money really.

I made only a necessary upgrade adding 128 MB and a Geforce because WinXP was terribly slow.

Stezo2k

S-2K
winxp isnt slow, well only if u have a slow proccessor anyway. your right though, i can run rave racer on viva nano @ 30fps and im happy with it, FPS doesnt really matter to me as long as its not under 20 :p

Stez

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Afaik, the gfx card in emulation doesn't help much. Those who have a geforce4 ti4600 or a geforcec3 ti200 would still get about the same speed and the same gfx.

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah its mainly the ram/procceccor speed makes the emulation speed the speed that it is, hardly the gfx card

Stez

Slougi

Bah, if I would be able to freely choose any card out there I'd get a Matrox Parhelia ;) Gotta love Matrox's image quality and drivers. Yes, I do realize it is not the fastest card out there, but in terms of quality and reliability it really is the leader.

That said, a GF4MX is perfectly fine for today's games. The problem is that the GF4MX supports only dx7.

Stezo2k

S-2K
well slogi probably knows more than me, but a Geforce 4mx should suport higher than DX7, especially with new drivers

Stez

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
i think that slougi meant that the gf4 mx series are directx7 compliant. they can support directx8 but just lack some of the features that directx8 can offer like pixel shaders as cooliscool mentioned.