What's new

super mario 64 to 120 fps in a slow computer

aprentice

The geforce 4 mx is a piece of shit, I dont know why you guys would fuck with such a card if you could get a gf3 ti which it tons better than the gf4mx. Im backing evil on his point of view :happy:

Valek

Yep, the Geforce4 MX performs as well as a Geforce3 Ti200. If you are going to get a GF4 you might as well spend $50 more and get a Ti4200. (Im getting an Abit Ti4200 OTES as soon as I can get the money)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Valek said:
Yep, the Geforce4 MX performs as well as a Geforce3 Ti200. If you are going to get a GF4 you might as well spend $50 more and get a Ti4200. (Im getting an Abit Ti4200 OTES as soon as I can get the money)
The gf3 ti is much better than the gf4 mx and much cheaper

Valek

Doomulation said:
Valek said:
The gf3 ti is much better than the gf4 mx and much cheaper
...Thats what I was saying.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I know this is pretty expensive, but just as to show you the prices:

Geforce4 mx: ~150$
Geforce3 ti200: ~110$

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Doomulation said:
I know this is pretty expensive, but just as to show you the prices:

Geforce4 mx: ~150$
Geforce3 ti200: ~110$

My 420 was $99 at compusa. Only reason i got it was because i don't have an agp slot, and this is the best pci card out right now. I HAD to replace this integrated crap. :happy:

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I don't like the GF4 420 MX. That said, it's a heck of a lot better than any onboard solution. The 440 and 460 MX are WAY better, but they are agp. If all you have is pci or integrated, the 420 is the way to go.

iq_132

Banned
Ok... Do you really want to start this again? I think we've already established the merits of a Geforce4 MX 420...

Valek

Low-end budget card: Geforce4 MX 420
Mid-range card: Geforce4 Ti4200
Extreme Card: Radeon 9700 Pro

With that said, lets end this argument shall we?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Valek said:
Low-end budget card: Geforce4 MX 420
Mid-range card: Geforce4 Ti4200
Extreme Card: Radeon 9700 Pro

With that said, lets end this argument shall we?

um. no.

Low-end Budget card: Interated 8MB POS.
Mid-range: GeForceX MX cards.
Extreme: GF4 Ti (whole series), Radeon9700 Pro.

crhylove

Banned
this is just stupid. go look on pricewatch.com.

the geforce 3 ti 200 is cheaper than the geforce 4 mx.

AND IT'S A BETTER CARD.

don't be a fan boy just because of what you own.

own what you DECIDE to be a fan boy of.

and for n64 emulation that decision should be a gf3 ti 200 or better.

~$75 on pricewatch!!! it's a no brainer!!!

but i do like your avatars coolsicool, even if you don't know (*watch your mouth) about gfx cards.

/edit, well ok, the card is ~$15 more than cheaper geforce 4 mxes, but you get what you pay for and more on this one, so my original advice still stands: get the ti, no matter which generation.

rhy

Last edited: