What's new

Source code released of Project64 1.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

death--droid

No matter what, Mudlord has done a fair bit for the n64 emulation community even if he disappears and appears all the time, don't make it sound like that he owes it to you guys to do more work.

@squall_leonhart Ahhh, yeah sure I will merge them tomorrow if I remember XD

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
No matter what, Mudlord has done a fair bit for the n64 emulation community even if he disappears and appears all the time, don't make it sound like that he owes it to you guys to do more work.

Those guys made it sound like that for every developer they spoke of. They bitch about the developers keeping it private cause they didn't open it when they stopped working on it. Then they bitch about the developer who worked on it when it went open cause he... took a break. The best of it is the drama. "Oh pj64 had no update for a few years, lemme bitch like the end is coming or something". It's hilarious! xD

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
To those lamenting the lack of a central location for development: Is it that difficult to set up a Google Code project? Seems to work fine for Dolphin.

I don't think anyone is bitching at anyone for not doing any work. mudlord can feel free to not do anything for the rest of his life for all I care, but to just delete your account is asinine. The extent of his involvement could have been to just leave and not hit the delete button. That's pretty easy to do from what I've seen. Leave, and not click your mouse. Pretty simple. Anyway, this was probably all for the best, someone responsible and dependable should setup the Google Code page. Preferably someone who is actually contributing.

the_randomizer

I don't think anyone is bitching at anyone for not doing any work. mudlord can feel free to not do anything for the rest of his life for all I care, but to just delete your account is asinine. The extent of his involvement could have been to just leave and not hit the delete button. That's pretty easy to do from what I've seen. Leave, and not click your mouse. Pretty simple. Anyway, this was probably all for the best, someone responsible and dependable should setup the Google Code page. Preferably someone who is actually contributing.

^ Quoted for truth. The word "asinine" is too gentle of an adjective to use in this case, but I digress.

It's about consideration and knowing that other people are working there. It's kinda shitty to just rip the guts out and walk away without warning, don't you think?

Last edited:

mrmudlord

now go work on that resampling audio.
Good luck with fixing the trainwreck of code that is the core. Thats why I stopped. Its better doing from scratch. No wonder 1.7 is a completely different core to 1.6.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
indeed, the memory.cpp is a total cluster****, theres a alot of stuff that made sense to do back with VC6, but not in VS2005+

It's the funniest thing, where one goes, the other shorty follows. They think alike and act alike, I bet they even talk alike. They're best friends forever. :)

Last edited:

death--droid

mrmudlord.... I just had a good look... I can exactly see what you mean by the code, its a tad bit more then a trainwreck...
I reckon I'll be able to do barely anything with it...(More so that I still have a shitload to learn about C++ XD)

[SS] Starscream I'm really starting to not like your attitude.

[SS] Starscream I'm really starting to not like your attitude.

My attitude comes from the actions of the loser above. I guess you prefer the attitude of the guy who ripped your repository out from under you and then has the balls to come here and tell you how crappy the code is and what you need to be working on? If you feel the need to take some action, that's fine.

The guy ruins everything he touches. He acts crazy, gets banned from everywhere, leaks PJ64 1.7, then leaks the source and no one has anything negative to say about it? That's ridiculous. What else does he need to do, burn down the server the forum is running on?

Anyway, I'm done with this, it's pointless anyway.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Well, a big thumbs up to mudlord, as long as he had permission to do this.
1.6 is out and will eventually improve, that's it. If there are people who want to stand around and say that it's pointless or useless, that's their business. Saying that the possibility of an emulator progressing is futile or a waste of time does seem silly, though. Especially since that's what we're all here for. If some people are not interested in seeing good things happen and only have negative things to say about it, they can go kick rocks.
The guy ruins everything he touches. He acts crazy, gets banned from everywhere, leaks PJ64 1.7, then leaks the source and no one has anything negative to say about it? That's ridiculous. What else does he need to do, burn down the server the forum is running on?

For god's sake make up your mind. :doh:

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
My attitude comes from the actions of the loser above. I guess you prefer the attitude of the guy who ripped your repository out from under you and then has the balls to come here and tell you how crappy the code is and what you need to be working on? If you feel the need to take some action, that's fine.

Anyway, I'm done with this, it's pointless anyway.

Starscream, please refrain yourself from flaming Mudlord as you have no grounds to complain about how long the Code was released for, you should just be glad that it was released.
As far as the code being junk to anyone but the dev-team most of us told you that; (sighting back to before the code release day) the source code will be a jumbled mess to the user and useless if released.

So you have a lot of nerve to bellyache over the guy who leaked the code when he says it's crap.

I'm glad that your done, maybe this pj64 forum will be used for something other then bitching now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.