What's new

Rice's Daedalus Plugin 4.5.0

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Zelda MM

When I try to play Zelda Majora's Mask, the game runs but the screen flashes on and off like a strobe light. Is this a problem with my video card? OpenGL works, sort of, but it crawls. Only one of the combiner settings (can't remember which off the top of my head) works close to correct.

Looks like a great plugin, too bad my video card is so crappy (ATI Mobility M4, Rage 128 chipset.)

sirscott

Gauntlet Legends

any hope to fix that blinking in gauntlet ? a hack or something would be nice . sounds ok using Azimers Audio v0.40Beta2 and project64 . KO2000 looking nice too i set counter speed to 5 in 1964 with default sound plungin any other speed makes every thing off center . games almost perfect but some stats . gauntlet would be great if that blinking thing where fixed , but anyway you got a great plugin there soon to be best vid the way your going .:1964:

sirscott

yes tryed that . it takes spells where it dont blink fer a second or 2 but dont lastin DX or OpenGL to . a few OpenGL vid versions back it didnt blink but had missing stuff like posions and keys . but this still the best plugin for gauntlet .

Compaq presario
AMD ATHon 1.53 ghz
GEforce2

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Paper Mario issues

Great plugi Rice! Here are some issues i have found

1. In some rooms, there is flickering, Mario appears black, and the fps go down to 20.

2. The only combiner that looks good with the game is the TnT/Geforce combiner. With the rest there are some problems (foe example backgroungs appear black).

3. I have tried sharpen and 2xsai and they work great. The only problem is when i go to the menu, fps drop a lot.

That's alll.

PS:for those complaining on Fullscreen, it doen't seem that nessesary. Just set the plugin to the same resolution you have, and the emu window will fit the whole screen. At least in my geforce2 there are not speed differences when switching to as high as 1152x864

leizar

Mybe that you can run roms at any resolution you want, but with my video card increasing resolution and running games in a window decrease speed.
I think I'm not the only one

leizar

It's me again

I noticed that when I run a game in fullscreen cursor does not disappear.
Is it as it should or is it an error?

ocarina plyr

Novice Flash developer
Texture probs with EVA64

There are some texture problems with
Neon Genesis Evangelion 64:
1. The Textures are BIG.
2. Some images are small.
3. Some are not shown.
4. Some images are not correctly placed, or mirrored.

I want to foresee a solution to this problem as this is
a great game, and i see that your plugin has potential
to be better than jabo's(Which also has problems with this game)good luck on debbugging it!!

[My Rig]
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 98 (4.10, Build 2222) A
Processor: AMD Duron(tm) Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~700MHz
Memory: 192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0881)
DxDiag Version: 4.08.01.0881 32bit
Hard drive: 40 Gb
Video Card: Nvidia Riva TNT2/M64 32mb

ocarina plyr

Novice Flash developer
Texture probs with EVA64

1. The Textures are BIG.
3. Some are not shown.

to be better than jabo's(Which also has problems with this game)good luck on debbugging it!!

[My Rig]
Video Card: Nvidia Riva TNT2/M64 32mb

ocarina plyr

Novice Flash developer
Re: Texture probs with EVA64

ocarina plyr said:
1. The Textures are BIG.
3. Some are not shown.

[My Rig]

Oh yeah....... Open GL doesnt work(My drivers maybe?)
it just shows nothing, and the main menu is colored boxes...

leizar

Did you really need to post twice the same thing and a third time again just to add a short PS?

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
So i guess fullscreen is important...

Mybe that you can run roms at any resolution you want, but with my video card increasing resolution and running games in a window decrease speed.

Well, there are a lot of cases that need fullscreen. Althought Running the emu in a lower desktop resolution should fix that, it may be ugly (specially for the desktop icons).

PS: Hey Doomulation, I tried the Paper Mario Flickering fix that appears in your signature, and it doen't work for me. The rooms that don't look well with Rice's plugin flicker a lot with Glide.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Re: So i guess fullscreen is important...

NeTo said:
PS: Hey Doomulation, I tried the Paper Mario Flickering fix that appears in your signature, and it doen't work for me. The rooms that don't look well with Rice's plugin flicker a lot with Glide.
Well that's odd because it works perfect for me and for others as well.
Ummm :doh: make *sure* the swapping buffer is set right....i must take a leave now...

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
well, anyway..

Well, anyway, it only happens in a few rooms, especially in Dry Dry Ruins (where the game is almost unplayable using Rice's plugin).

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Why didn't you mention that it happend only in some places in the first place? Gonetz knowns it isn't perfect.
You could tell him where the issues occour and try to send him a native save. That way he can fix it.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
at last ive got ur newest plugin (and nemu) and i must say im very impressed. not only is one of the most compatible plugins out there, its easy to use and seems so far to be very error free (unlike the older versions - i mean much older cos i havnt tested ur plugin for months). also its easy to use, i.e not too many confusing options. the gfx quality is top notch and i think 2xsai does make a difference, even if it is only noticeable in 2d games. .:1964: