What's new

Rice's Daedalus Plugin 4.5.0

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
NeoShaggy said:
Unfortunately, my card doesn´t support 32 bit color.

But thanks anyway Rice.

That's the problem. The plugin pretty much does not support 16 bit color depth. It is amazing that opengl can still work, (opengl driver must convert 32bit to 16bit), as I am using 32bit color in opengl.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Sorry to bug you, rice. There's still major problems. OpenGL doesn't look too nice and directx is completly screwed up.
Even mario is screwed.

Trotterwatch

This plugin is incredible, it is the first time I have had the pleasure of trying one of your recent plugins on a GeForce card. I can safely say I am very happy about it.

Every supported game I have tried works great, the texture sharpening feature in particular is remarkable.

Sorry to bug you, rice. There's still major problems. OpenGL doesn't look too nice and directx is completly screwed up.
Even mario is screwed.

Doom, ensure for DX you are using the TNT/Geforce combine mode. Try doing the same for OpenGL as well.

Clements

Doomulation said:
Even mario is screwed.

Not for me... I don't get many probs at all.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Doomulation said:
Even mario is screwed.

Doom, I don't know if you have ever tried it. You have got a very good Geforce4 Ti 420 card, the plugin should work great for you.

Just remember not to use default "Geforce/TNT combiner" for DirectX because the combiner is for TNT/Geforce2, but to use the "High end combiner". Your video card is too good, it has 8 texture units, Nvidia does not need to support their perticular DirectX combiner API (supporting only 2 texture units) for your video card, they start to use the standard DirectX API for it.

I don't have so good a video card like yours, but the default nvidia opengl combiner should work just fine for you. (unless I am wrong that Nvidia does not support their famous OGL extension anymore for geforce4, and I don't believe so.)

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Clements said:
Not for me... I don't get many probs at all.

Btw, Clement, you can uncheck the option "emulator toolbar" if using project64, to save the black space on the top of the graphics. You know what I mean.

Clements

I can't seem to go fullscreen in Open GL mode, which is better for my system than the Direct X mode (which can go fullscreen) Is it just my comp or is there a setting I need to change? I have it on:

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Clements said:
I can't seem to go fullscreen in Open GL mode, which is better for my system than the Direct X mode (which can go fullscreen) Is it just my comp or is there a setting I need to change? I have it on:

It is not supported. It does not go fullscreen for me even in DirectX.

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
Rice could you try and add full screen AA option to the next release and try and get opengl to go full screen :)

cheers

Waan2k :D

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Awesome plugin Rice! Ive noticed that in the later few versions of the plugin, there seems to be more and more options...but with no document to explain em :doh: If you dont want to waste time making a nice little readme, please give a short explaination here...if you dont wanna do that an 'optimal settings' will do. thx again, Rice. :)

scotty

The Great One
Waan2k said:
Rice could you try and add full screen AA option to the next release and try and get opengl to go full screen :)

cheers

Waan2k :D

I never understand why Fullscreen is so important to everyone. I admit it is like playing your N64, but I think that having a window at the top is enoughfor me. You can make N64 emulation like the real thing, but itll never be 100% the same. I think that quality of colour is important, and to have a fast video plaugin. That is really the most important parts of emulation, and this plugin does that good

Clements

pj64er said:
Awesome plugin Rice! Ive noticed that in the later few versions of the plugin, there seems to be more and more options...but with no document to explain em :doh: If you dont want to waste time making a nice little readme, please give a short explaination here...if you dont wanna do that an 'optimal settings' will do. thx again, Rice. :)

I agree! How about a feature like in Pete's Graphics plugins for PSX emulators where you can select 'Nice' and it automatically sets the options to the most accurate settings, and 'Fast' to boost performance. Might not be easy to adapt, as you have combined Open GL and Direct X into one plugin... but might be worth considering. :)

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
I agree with you scotty, but to really enjoy n64 emulation you need fullscreen. Especily if your running tv out like myself :p.

jacky400

The directx full screen restart the pc

I tried the 4.5.0 version and use the directx ,swithc to the full screen will make the computer restart .But in 4.4.0 version ,it is no problem at all