What's new

Rice's Daedalus Plugin 4.5.0

O

OminaeYu

Hey Rice I'm trying to get your plugin to use OpenGL with the Geforce or better option and it keeps saying that the my system doesn't support the Nvidia OpenGL combiner how can that be when I have a Geforce3 Ti 200.

Its the same for all OpenGl modes I try I keep getting the same error.

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Hey Rice Great release. I reckon pretty soon your plugin will out do the legendary plugin of jabo's.
Only have one problem and that is that the plugin restarts my computer when ever the title screen of yoshi story is about to go on. The nintendo logo shows up (HUGE btw) and then restarts my comp. This has never ever happened to me on my comp using plugins, so im guessing its the plugin.

Oh whats this i read of a new 1964 :)

Keep up the great work!!

oops almost made a rookie mistake..
my specs r
p111 877mhz 256 ram win xp gf2mx400

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
It happens to me, too, and also when I try to switch to full screen with DirectX. Both of us get GF2 MX400. It does not happen at my laptop. I will track down the problem. No problem with opengl, though.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Hey rice. heres me again nagging about matrox compatability. :)
Thank god this is not my home comps gfx card only work.
4 screenshots to follow:
This is DX with "To fit your video card" which is kinda screwed up.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, I've tried using the best combiner. I'll try the others later, too.
But I'm thinking that it can be a driver problem? Has anyone tried with the 42.03 (i think that was the version?) drivers?

Bandit82

Hmm

On my Radeon 9700, i have many many errors ; in Super Mario 64 tragedy, in Zelda black screen - don't work !
I don't have GeForce card, and i don't won't it.

What are the best setting for Radeon 9700 ? OpenGL or D3D ?
You can repair problem in Mario ?

Sorry for my english.

System ; 1.8+, Radeon 9700 ( Cat 3.2 ), DX9, Win XP SP1.
:)

ceedj

Pencil Neck Geek
Doomulation said:
Well, I've tried using the best combiner. I'll try the others later, too.
But I'm thinking that it can be a driver problem? Has anyone tried with the 42.03 (i think that was the version?) drivers?

Doom,

The latest Detonators are 41.09. They seem to be pretty good, except they really dumbed down the control panel.

Here's some updated tests:

Brunswick Pro Bowling - The graphics went backwards on this one. The video buffer doesn't seem to clear itself.

Super Smash Bros. - Various texture problems with a few characters and menu's.

Mario Golf (E) - Getting better, but still a black screen when you're lining up your shot. Jabo's 1.4 dx7 is still best for this.

All THQ/AKI wrestling games/ WCW Mayhem look FABULOUS. I've noticed some of the background textures are a bit wierd now (horizontal lines throughout), but the gameplay is fantastic.

Zelda 2 MM - Excellent, as far as I can tell. I don't play it much, but what I did play was good.

Crusin' Exotica - Various texture problems (road/cars)

Yoshi's Story - The same texture/sprite problems mentioned earlier, although I'm NOT crashing out on fullscreen. Not sure if this was a separate issue or not, but my fullscreen is working fine.

I am STILL getting way better gameplay with DX vs. Open GL. I'm not talking a few frames, I mean at least a 1/4 speed better on the DX setting. It's prolly my el-cheapo CompUSA MX200, so I'm looking for a GF4 ti soon. With all that's been said, this is a fine plug-in, and once again, fabulous job Rice.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Re: Hmm

Bandit82 said:
On my Radeon 9700, i have many many errors ; in Super Mario 64 tragedy, in Zelda black screen - don't work !
:)

Bandit82, there were a few posts regarding Radeons for version 4.4.0, check it out yourself. Other guys seem to have very good result in both DirectX and OpenGL.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
ceedj said:
Doom,
Brunswick Pro Bowling - The graphics went backwards on this one. The video buffer doesn't seem to clear itself.

Super Smash Bros. - Various texture problems with a few characters and menu's.

Mario Golf (E) - Getting better, but still a black screen when you're lining up your shot. Jabo's 1.4 dx7 is still best for this.

Crusin' Exotica - Various texture problems (road/cars)

Yoshi's Story - The same texture/sprite problems mentioned earlier, although I'm NOT crashing out on fullscreen. Not sure if this was a separate issue or not, but my fullscreen is working fine.

Brunswick problem is regarding depth buffer, the problem also happens to many other games, it's one of the biggest issues to fix.
Mario gold problem is regarding Framebuffer emulation. You can work it around by using other N64 frame buffer emulation option, or just wait for the next release, as the frame buffer is not emulated good enough in the current release. Problems of other two games are all related to 2D sprites rendering, they are low priority issues as not many people care 2D sprites per my polling.

Ly Ter

I have a Radeon card and I read somewhere that I need to d/l 3d analyze or somthing to get rice's plugin to work. Can som1 explain to me how to use that program? The help file that came with it is like in a different language, literally. Thanks for any input.

Trotterwatch

Start 3D Analyse

Top left of the screen under DLL Path click select and navigate to the folder that has the emulator in double click the exe file of the emulator

One option below that is the EXE path, once again navigate to the folder and double click the EXE file

Now to the right under Hardware limits (cap bits) enable HW T&L Caps, now simply go to run and the emulator will start as normal.

You can save a batch file once you have done all this to automate the process in future, the option for this is at the bottom of the screens. If you need any further help feel free to PM me.

leizar

I've got a more serious problem.
When I load a rom with 1964 and Rice's plugin 4.5.0 as soon as the games starts the emu GUI and everything else (except for the game) is like frozen: it as a very low refresh rate (for example if I have to go to fullscreen, it takes some secs before anything appens, and the rom takes ages to stop.
Except for this th game( and the plugin as well) works perfactly and is completly playble (Everything drawn by the plugin is ok)
ow can I solve this problem? It only appens with this plugin

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
leizar said:
I've got a more serious problem.
When I load a rom with 1964 and Rice's plugin 4.5.0 as soon as the games starts the emu GUI and everything else (except for the game) is like frozen: it as a very low refresh rate (for example if I have to go to fullscreen, it takes some secs before anything appens, and the rom takes ages to stop.
Except for this th game( and the plugin as well) works perfactly and is completly playble (Everything drawn by the plugin is ok)
ow can I solve this problem? It only appens with this plugin

OS? computer config? DirectX or OpenGL? I guess you are using Win 98, and your computer config is low, then the emulator and plugin are using all the CPU power.

leizar

Yeah, I'm using win98 with an Athlon 550 MHz, but I can play everythin else perfectly and this only appens when using 1964 and Rice's plugin.
It doesn't appen with Pj64 an neither with any other plugin.
I've tried any possible conficuration with no results.
What can I do?
Please I need help. These are the best emu (1964) and the best video plugin (rice's one). I need to use them but this waty I can't

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
ceedj said:
Doom,

The latest Detonators are 41.09. They seem to be pretty good, except they really dumbed down the control panel.
When I checked then, they had the 42.03 drivers up. They're not up there now, though, i see...
But the fact is that they works perfecly everywhere but with rice's plugin :plain: