What's new

RiceDaedalus 5.3.1 and (reloaded) source code

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Gonetz said:
Wah! Very, very cool version!
Rice's plugin is for sure the most advanced video plugin. Great compatibility, many hard problems are solved. I just tested beetle adventure racing - backgrounds, trees look perfect - for a first time, afaik. And Conker - Rice has cracked another RARE game! Big step forward, congratulations :flowers:

Gonetz

Thanks. I need also thank you for the Emulate Clear idea. And I wish you will have new version release soon.

Martin

Administrator
Rice said:
It will show only in DEBUG mode. There is only 1 .rc file in the source. My god, I deleted the .rc from the source package, I have reloaded the source, check it again.

Thanks Rice, I've updated the file in our downloads section with your latest release that includes the .rc. :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
you seem to have made Majoras Mask slightly worse in this latest release, this appears before the mask appears...

Shin_Gouki

Cool :d

I have to say that version 5.3.1 has best results i have tried so far with evangelion !!!
look at this difficult scene :w00t:

eva.jpg

-> tested on my mobile with dx standard settings

i like this ^^
wbr Shin Gouki

amano

who has problems with shaking textures in both zeldas (especially MoM)? It works for me in OpenGL, but fails to work correctly in DirectX (for my Geforce2MX I use 2 stage limited combiner).

The problem can be observed in the first three seconds of the game intro (zelda -OOT), with Link riding to the left on the horse. watch the textures on the left side of the hill. who can confirm the problem, or is it just me?

@rice: great work. It's good to see Dr. Mario finally working on an emu (with software T&L and "with emulation" framebuffer!).
BTW, did you have a look already at the grass problem in conker?

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
I've got that problem with the shaking textures , too. With OpenGL i've got also a completely green hud........

amano

DirectX works better for me than openGL. But this specific problem is DirectX only, so I think it is combiner related. I only checked openGL to check if it was a combiner problem or rather an emulation problem.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Sayargh said:
you seem to have made Majoras Mask slightly worse in this latest release, this appears before the mask appears...

Sayargh, it turns out to a combiner problem. It can be solve easily. But I won't bother to release another patch.

If someone likes to do it, to replace some part of CombinerTable.cpp with this:

{
0x030F0604, 0x00060003, 0x07020706, 0x02000000, // Simplified mux
0x00272C60, 0x350CE37F, // 64bit Mux
2, // number of stages
ENABLE_BOTH,
MUX_ENV, // Constant color
0x00000005, 0x00000005, 0, // Shade and specular color flags
0x00000000, 0x00000000, // constant color texture flags
{
{MOD(T1,DIF), MOD(T1,DIF), 1, true}, // Stage 0
{MULADD(DIF,T0,CUR), MOD(T0,CUR), 0, true}, // Stage 1
}
},

You will get rid of this glitch, and you also get colored Zelda logo.

Rice

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
It can be easily figured out if you take a look. But anyway, you can search:

0x030F0604, 0x00060003, 0x07020706, 0x02000000

and replace the whole block of code.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Then replace the block which also has this line:

0x00272C60, 0x350CE37F, // 64bit Mux

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
H3ad5h0tter said:
Ok , its done and what program do you use to compile the sourcecodes to .dll ?

You must be kidding. If you have Microsoft Visual Studio or Visual C++ .net 2003, you can open the project file. Build the project, you will get the DLL (to some folder)

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Sayargh said:
Heres a log file made when running "Spacestation Silicon Valley (U) [!]", the game locks up.

Sayargh, game lock up is not a plugin or a combiner problem. If you want send me the MUX log file, please wait the file to get bigger (to log more unsupported combiner modes) while you are playing more games.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Whoops, didn't test that game with any other video plugin, you are indeed correct rice. Will send a bigger log in the future.

-Shadow-

Banned
There is no *.dsp project file , i can't open your project with my Visual C++ and im too lazy to make a new project...

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
You need VS.net 2003. There is a .suo file, it's the project file. I have deleted my older VS 6.0 .dsp file.

WildSOfT

emu-holic
Hey Rice,

I've built dll with your suggested fix. Zeldas look fine now :satisfied

Can I post it here so others could use it too?