What's new

RiceDaedalus 5.3.1 and (reloaded) source code

rcgamer

the old guy
Kunio I have a geforce fx and it works for me. try switching the color buffer to copy instead of flip.

Kunio

Ok, I uninstalled 1964 and Rices' plugin using the registry files in the uninstall directory and ran it again. I always have the frame buffer set to "with emulator" and it does not work. So i tried running it on my older pc with a Geforce 2 (not mx) and it works perfectly.

With the exact same settings on mine it dosnt work. I guess its either the drivers. (I know the geforce 2 drivers are not updated at least from a few months ago, and mine are running the latest.) or its my card. If somone else with a geforce 4ti could test the game and see if it works that might help.

ingonab

Report #1: A minor, but potentially hazardous (confusing), GUI issue

I may have reported this once before for an earlier release. The "Render Engine:" option in the Configuration dialog triggers screen updates when the MOUSEUP event is received (for adjusting to DirectX or OpenGL mode appropriately). This trigger doesn't work when the Render Engine choice is changed by a key press or, a method I sometimes use, with the mouse wheel. Possibly a better event to look out for is CBN_SELCHANGE.

Report #2: Some info on the "Force Nearest Filter" issue...

It doesn't seem to matter which of the three options under "Force Texture Filter:" I choose. They all seem to do exactly the same thing (literally) --as if that option didn't matter at all. The plugin seems to choose Linear or Nearest at some inconsistent random: In one scene, a piece of graphics will be Linearly filtered (in no apparent consistency to how other graphics in the scene are filtered).. but in the next, a similar graphics can be Nearest filtered. The choice of filtering used at once specific spot in a game seems to be consistent accross emulations however.

onetwothree

Kunio said:
If somone else with a geforce 4ti could test the game and see if it works that might help.

Tested and nope, doesn't work for me either. I've tried countless settings, even installed 44.03 drivers as opposed to the latest (53.xx) but it's still a no-go.

Your plugin (and the sheer amount of work you put into it) is stunning Rice, but I still wish I had a spare GF4 Ti4200 to donate :p The plugin seems to hate my card. Nonetheless, keep up the great work!

rcgamer

the old guy
I was still having problems with all star baseball 2001 but i seem to have figured it out. It is a audio issue not a video one. with schibos and jabos plugins the game would quit after about a minute. with azimers i got no sound at all but the game worked fine. Hmm weird. Anyway here is a screen of your great plugin at work.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
ingonab said:
Report #1: A minor, but potentially hazardous (confusing), GUI issue

I may have reported this once before for an earlier release. The "Render Engine:" option in the Configuration dialog triggers screen updates when the MOUSEUP event is received (for adjusting to DirectX or OpenGL mode appropriately). This trigger doesn't work when the Render Engine choice is changed by a key press or, a method I sometimes use, with the mouse wheel. Possibly a better event to look out for is CBN_SELCHANGE.

Report #2: Some info on the "Force Nearest Filter" issue...

It doesn't seem to matter which of the three options under "Force Texture Filter:" I choose. They all seem to do exactly the same thing (literally) --as if that option didn't matter at all. The plugin seems to choose Linear or Nearest at some inconsistent random: In one scene, a piece of graphics will be Linearly filtered (in no apparent consistency to how other graphics in the scene are filtered).. but in the next, a similar graphics can be Nearest filtered. The choice of filtering used at once specific spot in a game seems to be consistent accross emulations however.

ingonab, thanks for the bug report.

problem #1: fixed, will be in the next release.
problem #2: It works. I use Mario64, in the Mario head screen. By changing the filter type and watching the background image quality, I can see that the feature works. You have to click OK in order for the change to take effect. [Cancel] won't work.

revl8er

That Damn Good
This release is a big improvement over your last one on an fx5200. I was impressed on how the games ran. There were a few games I was having problems with such as: Tony Hawks Pro Skater, Killer Instinct Gold, and Perfect Dark. Each of these games jammed up while using both opengl and direct x. It's not that big of a deal though since kigold never worked, and thps and pd works with jabo's. One other thing I need help with is how to get flickering to stop when I go into fullscreen. Keep up the good work rice, I'll be looking foward to another great release.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
There should not be flicking if you keep the default settings.

Nevertheless, to stop the flicking:

- For DirectX, use COPY instead of FLIP. Will slow down in full screen.
- Use FLIP, and "Frame update at" = "At VI origin change (default). This combination should not cause flicking in full screen mode for most games.
- If the game is still flicking, try to use other settings for "Frame update at". Try "At CI change".
- Skip frame feature in either the plugin or 1964 emu will usually cause flicking. Use COPY instead of FLIP may reduce it.

(In window mode, COPY is always used instead of FLIP regardless of the setting. No speed problem any how)

Last edited:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Wah! Very, very cool version!
Rice's plugin is for sure the most advanced video plugin. Great compatibility, many hard problems are solved. I just tested beetle adventure racing - backgrounds, trees look perfect - for a first time, afaik. And Conker - Rice has cracked another RARE game! Big step forward, congratulations :flowers:

Legend

Can someone pleeease tell me what settings to use to get Beetle Racing looking good. In DirectX mode the sky keeps changing colors and in OpenGL the cars and others textures are missing. I think I've almost tried every configuration including using T&L. I don't know if it's my card or my drivers or what but I just can't seem to use this plugin properly.

Riven

Does it solves any problems with ATI video cards? I'm at work now and can't try it myself :p

-Shadow-

Banned
Wow , the compatibility with zelda got quite well , BUT the flame effects and the light arrow effects are gray instead of orange/yellow !!!

ingonab

Rice said:
problem #2: It works. I use Mario64, in the Mario head screen. By changing the filter type and watching the background image quality, I can see that the feature works.
Okay. It works for me in Mario too. :) The issues I described are from primarily testing Super Robot Wars 64.

Are there supposed to be any .rc files in your source package? The config dialog doesn't work. Also, if it's not too much trouble, could you tell me how to get your inbuilt DL_Parser debug console to show? (In another version, I remember it showed just by building in _DEBUG mode)

EDIT: I figured it out now. The console wasn't working because of the same reason as the config dialog not working. :)

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
It will show only in DEBUG mode. There is only 1 .rc file in the source. My god, I deleted the .rc from the source package, I have reloaded the source, check it again.

olivieryuyu

thanks for the fix !!!

in opengl the game (Beetle Adventure Racing) is nearly perfect now !!!!!!
the cars still had some strange colors but it's great !!!

in directx with limited 2 stage combiner it's nearly perfect too,except the colors of the sky due (may be) to the texturehack1

Thanks for all !!!!