What's new

Rice Video Community version

Cosmo_Kramer

When I try to use Rice with the OOT High Res pack I always get this error
CN64System::EmulationStarting: Exception caught File: .\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp Line: 258

I allready tried everything but it wont work T_T

I get the same problem on both of my computers. They both have integrated graphics. One has an Intel i5 and the other an AMD. The older Rice Plugins work just fine.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmmm well if Kintaroo is also using an integrated graphics card it gives me a good place to start looking, though my changes to the way textures pack load shouldn't of caused any crashes in that respect XD But then you never know with coding.

EDIT:Testing this on my crappy little netbook, the texture pack loaded without a hitch. Try deleting Area/Fire Temple/Entrace

The alternate texture files in the fire temple entrance have been known to cause crashing. (Feature has been temporarily removed from latest commit till i can spend some time re-implementing it properly)

Last edited:

Cosmo_Kramer

Hmmm well if Kintaroo is also using an integrated graphics card it gives me a good place to start looking, though my changes to the way textures pack load shouldn't of caused any crashes in that respect XD But then you never know with coding.

EDIT:Testing this on my crappy little netbook, the texture pack loaded without a hitch. Try deleting Area/Fire Temple/Entrace

The alternate texture files in the fire temple entrance have been known to cause crashing. (Feature has been temporarily removed from latest commit till i can spend some time re-implementing it properly)

Thanks for the help. For me, the problem occurs whenever I load a game. It doesn't have to have textures in it.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Now that is extremely odd, do you have the MS C++ 2010 redistributable installed? and the latest DirectX?

Kintaroo

More about my problem:
I tried it on my computer and laptop
both have AMD graphic chips... while the laptop one is a onboard one I guess and the computer one.. a better one..
Computer has 4GB RAM and laptop has 8GB RAM ~
It doesn't crash with Glide
but it doest with your community version...
I took the OOT pack from that sourceforge site...

F

Fanatic 64

(Feature has been temporarily removed from latest commit till i can spend some time re-implementing it properly)
Which I guess means, to never be seen ever again ;)

But well, as long as it doesn't crash, I'm all fine :)

Also, I can testify that this plugin works flawlessly with an integrated graphic device (Intel HD Graphics 3000).

OP
death--droid

death--droid

More about my problem:
I tried it on my computer and laptop
both have AMD graphic chips... while the laptop one is a onboard one I guess and the computer one.. a better one..
Computer has 4GB RAM and laptop has 8GB RAM ~
It doesn't crash with Glide
but it doest with your community version...
I took the OOT pack from that sourceforge site...

Hmmmm that is extremely odd, have you got cache textures turned on in Rice Video? Since our version doesn't currently compress the textures your loading the full 800mb worth of textures into memory. So if the emulator hasn't been made large address aware it will crash out.
The OOT pack from the sourceforge site should be fine, though I havent actually checked it out yet im fairly sure its just an older version of the pack. (Newer changes arent available yet since i havent uploaded them >.<)

Which I guess means, to never be seen ever again ;)

But well, as long as it doesn't crash, I'm all fine :)

Also, I can testify that this plugin works flawlessly with an integrated graphic device (Intel HD Graphics 3000).
haha no not exactly, almost nearing completeness in my clean ups so new features / re-addition of features i stripped out like hq4x should be soonish.
Yes, I do have both. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks for your time.

Hmmmm that is quite odd :S, what operating system are you on?

Sonic500

Um, I found this video plugin when I did a google search, after finding a video demonstrating link's beta form restored in Ocarina of Time, with a mod/patch download provided.... There was NO instruction in the description or download for that mod, and in the comments, read something about needing "rice video plugin" or something....

I downloaded the plugin, and it doesn't have a readme....

I am currently using Project 64 2.0 (latest version I believe), and don't know what to do with the "RiceVideo.dll" file.

Any information on how to get the plugin working, or that mod for Ocarina of Time would be very appreciated.

F

Fanatic 64

I guess it's , right?

In that case, I would recommend you download Glide64, since Rice Video has bugs with the Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest Nintendo GameCube Debugging ROM.

And the latest version of PJ64 is 2.1 (which comes with Glide64 included).

Sonic500

I guess it's , right?

In that case, I would recommend you download Glide64, since Rice Video has bugs with the Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest Nintendo GameCube Debugging ROM.

And the latest version of PJ64 is 2.1 (which comes with Glide64 included).

Thank you very much, yes that was the video. I'll find pj64 2.1 as soon as possible. :)

Edit: ....Now I'm stuck not knowing how to load the textures.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

XD Any talk about glide can move to a different topic, this topic is only for support with Rice Video sorry.

In relation to Rice Video and loading textures, the textures must be located in a folder named hires_texture in the same directory as the video plugin.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Ahhh odd :\ I seriously can't think of any reasons why it wouldn't be loading on your system then :

@suanyuan ill try to take a look into it sometime soonish

Whitelink11

Reporting bug's

Hello death-droid, i would like to help you or the author of this plugin by reporting 2 bug major that i have found.

The first one is ricevideo plugin 0.1.7 with donkey kong 64 in project 64 any version, the camera keep going back and forth, like its always reloading i dont know. No matter what setting or rsp.dll

The second one is, with the same config, in zelda ocarina of time, at the end of the game. when you have the cutscene with sheik going back to zelda, when she speak about escaping the castle and seeing link. its in white and black. well we cant see anything in that cutscene its only a black screen.

It would be asweome if you could fix those 2. :blink: :saint:

Bug exist from version 6.1.7 of the plugin to 0.1.7

Miracle, after using jabo latest version to fix the problem temporaly, and going back to ricevideo 0.1.7 , the problem is solved for donkey kong 64.

Last edited:

phly95

Could you please make a compression option on your plugin? It is the best except for that one problem, mainly because it works with Tridef3d (uses dx9) and I really want 3D, but I would rather have higher performance than 3D. It's too bad anti-aliasing causes problems with 3D mode, but I won't blame you for that (because you didn't design it to run in 3D anyway) but I still would like the lag to be fixed. Thank you.

F

Fanatic 64

Could you please make a compression option on your plugin? It is the best except for that one problem, mainly because it works with Tridef3d (uses dx9) and I really want 3D, but I would rather have higher performance than 3D. It's too bad anti-aliasing causes problems with 3D mode, but I won't blame you for that (because you didn't design it to run in 3D anyway) but I still would like the lag to be fixed. Thank you.
Compression for what? High resolution textures?