What's new

Rice Video Community version

F

Fanatic 64

What if you make it an option like "Alternative Vertex Clipper" (not that I don't want it fixed)?

Also, a little bit off-topic, but just as a minor nitpick, could we replace the HQ2x filter with the HQ4x filter? I just think HQ4x looks less blurry than HQ2x (from a side-by-side in-game comparative). HQ#xS could just go.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Hmmm this way it forces me to actually try and fix it up.

Hmmm well see, HQ4X had a whole heap of odd glitches and caused weird crashes with our current implementation of it. If I am to re-add it, it wont be for awhile.

VGRageaholic

Is there any way the 2xSai filter could be applied optionally to the entire screen, rather than each individual texture within? That might produce a nice look for 2D only games.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

The way RiceVideo is working at the moment its not possible seeing as our vertex shader is completely shot (Need someone whose good with this sort of stuff to come and fix it up, im completely clueless(really need to learn more))

Also new version, should have all vertex problems completely and utterly fixed up (fingers crossed). Also one tiny thing in showing the build version in title bar of video config.

New version is available here, http://adf.ly/NKpX1 (Version 0.1.5.2)

Scootaloo

When using custom textures (yours for OOT specifically) when I exit full screen the emulator locks up and has to be killed via task manager (in my case anyway). This version is the same way :'(

OP
death--droid

death--droid

This wouldn't happen to be happening with Project64 2.0 would it? If it is, I've been meaning to look into it since it doesn't occour in 1.6 (or at least since I last checked)

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

I'll try and work out what's going wrong with it :S, doesn't make much sense seeing as it worked fine in 1.6, so ill have to have a look whats changed since then.
I had completely forgotten about the problem till then XD

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Fixed up re-sizing from fullscreen back to windowed mode. Need to clean up the code a fair bit still though, its fairly messy.
Download link in first post and here, http://adf.ly/Nk83S (Version 0.1.5.3)

uVSthem

I currently have my computer connected to my 1080p TV. Is there anyway to prevent the screen from being stretched to 16:9 when playing full screen on Project64 when using the Rice plugin? I cannot find a 4:3 pillar box option.

Inimitable

I currently have my computer connected to my 1080p TV. Is there anyway to prevent the screen from being stretched to 16:9 when playing full screen on Project64 when using the Rice plugin? I cannot find a 4:3 pillar box option.
There's no pillarboxing in Rice right now. I had the same issue though, here's a workaround I figured out:
- Set the fullscreen resolution in Project64 to something 4:3
- It'll be stretched to 16:9 on your TV
- Use Catalyst Control Center (or your card's equivalent) to force the aspect ratio back to 4:3

So it's being stretched from 4:3 to 16:9 and back to 4:3, and it's annoying to do every time, but at least it works.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Pillarboxing is on the agenda, just need to actually find out how to make DirectX stretch but retain its aspect ratio (in hence creating the whole pillarbox effect)

Naracaro

Is there any chance Frame Buffering would be fixed for Perfect Dark and other games that use it? Current implementation, only "Basic Framebuffer" with "Basic Render to Texture" works with the correct graphics, although, it's incredibly, incredibly slow. Even with "8 Frames" set for how many to read, it just lags the entire game down tremendously when frame buffer effects are present. (Cloaking, such as the beginning of G5 building are the only frame buffer effects in game)

I tried Glide64Final and it works perfectly, the only issue is that there are lines in walls that show out into the 'void' and there is no vsync for fullscreen.

Maybe "borrow" some things from Glide? I haven't seen frame buffering ever really work with any game with Rice.

Specs:
Rice Video 0.1 (Before last update)
1964 r146 (Original)
Win 7 X64 Ultimate
Intel E3 Xeon 1230 V2
G.Skill 4x4G 16G 1866Mhz RAM
Radeon HD 6970, CCC 13.1, 9.012-121219a-152192C-ATI

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Rice Video's framebuffer is quite primative. It needs an awful lot of work at its base to get it working better than it is. And thats way above my knowledge :p
And it isnt as simple as just copying and pasting or even looking at Glide64's implementation as the way Rice handles everything is quite different.

On another note, been working on improving the library that we use to load textures in (BMGLib). Its now actually in the SVN repo where as it wasn't before.
Removed the use of STDAFX.h as it was proving to just be a royal pain in the ass and ended up being quite messy.

Full screen shaders is in the planning, hopefully going to get some much needed help from Mudlord on fixing up the vertex shader and getting fullscreen shaders to work properly.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

New version released, alot of changes to texture loading. It should work an awful lot better than it did now.
So major thing I want to hear about is any regressions or improvements to texture loading. :p Though anything else I'll try and work on ASAP.

Download : http://adf.ly/OC4yA (Version 0.1.6)

Kintaroo

When I try to use Rice with the OOT High Res pack I always get this error
CN64System::EmulationStarting: Exception caught File: .\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp Line: 258

I allready tried everything but it wont work T_T

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Texture pack loads completely fine on my side, whats your system specs / what of Rice Video are you using?