What's new

Rice Video Community version

OP
death--droid

death--droid

The first one is ricevideo plugin 0.1.7 with donkey kong 64 in project 64 any version, the camera keep going back and forth, like its always reloading i dont know. No matter what setting or rsp.dll
Ive noticed that before :S though every time i go to debug it, it seems to fix itself up. Its definitely on my todo list to look into thought.

The second one is, with the same config, in zelda ocarina of time, at the end of the game. when you have the cutscene with sheik going back to zelda, when she speak about escaping the castle and seeing link. its in white and black. well we cant see anything in that cutscene its only a black screen.
Hmmmm sounds very much like a framebuffer problem, could you get a save game just before/ at the start of the cut scene and ill try to make time to look into it.

Could you please make a compression option on your plugin?
It's something ive been slowly working on, so hopefully have something to show in a month at least. (at the rate im working >.<)

However I do have something else to show later on tonight, pretty much instant loading of texture packs, made it so where actually caching the information when we read then first up.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

New version available!! Version 0.2
The main addition of this release is quite simply it now stores all the information we get from our images that we need. Meaning its ten times faster to read from this new cache file making texture packs loading pretty much instantaneous.

Download Available here, http://adf.ly/PVYhn (Version 0.2 as of 25/05/2013)

Test away!!

Next up is to implement some sort of texture compression

F

Fanatic 64

Well, that's some big improvement for Rice Video!

Good luck with texture compression (just make sure you don't use some crap like JPEG (JPEG 2000 and JPEG XR are OK)).

OP
death--droid

death--droid

:p would like to make a quick note that the info cache currently breaks caching textures into memory since it never goes into the function thats loads the textures into memory on first go

Salvy

Ive noticed that before :S though every time i go to debug it, it seems to fix itself up. Its definitely on my todo list to look into thought.

If I'm not wrong emulate clear option in Rice should fix the jumpy camera in DK64.
For Daedalus we use this (line 20) codepad.org/o8sYYzye, it works perfectly. (Sorry can't post urls for some reason).

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Ahhhh I shall look into it, I really should spend a couple of weeks porting all your changes over onto Rice. There's a lot of things the new Daedalus does much better

Salvy

Ahhhh I shall look into it, I really should spend a couple of weeks porting all your changes over onto Rice. There's a lot of things the new Daedalus does much better

It should be straightforward to port the "depth framebuffer clear" to Rice video, let me know if you have any questions.
I would recommend to wait a bit until we merge to the public svn, since many portions of the graphics plugin have been refactored and it will be cross platform (W32/OSX/Linux/PSP).

suanyuan

Fix for Ridge Racer 64 crash

Code:
LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE9 CDirectXTexture::CreateTexture(
	uint32 dwWidth, uint32 dwHeight, TextureUsage usage)
{

uint32 w;
	for (w = 1; w < dwWidth; w <<= 1);

uint32 h;
	for (h = 1; h < dwHeight; h <<= 1);

m_dwCreatedTextureWidth = w;
	m_dwCreatedTextureHeight = h;

m_dwWidth = dwWidth;
	m_dwHeight = dwHeight;

}

OP
death--droid

death--droid

It should be straightforward to port the "depth framebuffer clear" to Rice video, let me know if you have any questions.
I would recommend to wait a bit until we merge to the public svn, since many portions of the graphics plugin have been refactored and it will be cross platform (W32/OSX/Linux/PSP).
Yeah it fairly is, just trying to clean up stuff since our codes like 10 times larger for the fillrect >.<
Any idea on when you will be pushing the changes to the public svn?

Fix for Ridge Racer 64 crash
Ohwow thanks suanyuan, Ill check it myself and commit it to the git :p

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Thank you very much for that donation!!! It is very much appreciated and does spur me on to work on Rice Video more!! Again thank you for your generosity!

Salvy

Yeah it fairly is, just trying to clean up stuff since our codes like 10 times larger for the fillrect >.<
Any idea on when you will be pushing the changes to the public svn?

Should be soon, probably in around 1 month from now.
PS: Where can I get the ini file for v0.2? As far as I can see Rice doesn't handle TXT_SIZE_32b in FILL mode, this is needed to render the sky in superman properly, unless is handled somewhere else perhaps with FB effect?

F

Fanatic 64

Should be soon, probably in around 1 month from now.
PS: Where can I get the ini file for v0.2? As far as I can see Rice doesn't handle TXT_SIZE_32b in FILL mode, this is needed to render the sky in superman properly, unless is handled somewhere else perhaps with FB effect?
Here's the latest ini, although it's for the older 1964Video and many settings are rather "wrong", but it's better than nothing.

If you want to use it with this plugin rename it to "RiceVideo.ini" (make sure you have show extensions enabled, this site does not allow uploading INIs...).

Attachments

• 1964Video.txt
    28.8 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Ahhhh so still a fair while then >.<
I actually don't have a copy of that at all XD, been trying to fix games without having to jump to setting lots of different per game settings.

Whitelink11

Hello

Hello, its me who have posted about donkey kong 64 error in the past, just to mention to you, yes it goes back working like you answered to me. By itself, i find how. I switched plugin for the orignal jabo 1.7.0.55 made a quick save

then reloaded you're plugin, and loaded the savefile, then the problem was fixed

cool update for 1.2, but i must remember you something, you said in a previous post i dont know where, maybe you were going to put back hq4x on the plugin, maybe you forgot, do you think it would look better with that option on ???????

For the second bug i have found, Here you go i send you the file just before the broken cutscene on you're plugin.
Like you asked me on you're last reply

Notice that with original project 64 jabo plugin the cutscene its working.

Just got a crash with you're new plugin version 0.2 the second time loading zelda with hi res textures, then i ticked cache textures options and it seems fixed.

EDIT:

Now i cant load hi res textures anymore with different versions of pj64 and even with aristotle 6.1.9 plugin
Weird crash, this need to be fixed quickly.

Attachments

• Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (U) (V1.2).pj.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:

phly95

I know you have worked hard and diligently on this project, but I think that no matter what textures are added, you can't make it look like a full modern game worthy of being played in a home theater, but I think that you can fix this.

You could add model packs, animation smoothing (60 fps for 20 fps game without fast forwarding) and a reflection channel plus post processing effects, and maybe a audio replacement plugin, this plugin would allow n64 games to look like games for PS3 or Xbox 360. I would like model packs to be highest priority over the other perks.

Graphics are getting better and better, causing old games to lose appeal, but if this plugin can change the way a game looks completely, the emulator won't be just for people with nostalgia, but many generations of people just looking for good games to play.

How this could work is that the user could click on a model, polygon or texture, and set it to replace with a file from 3D Studio or Blender after making the 3D model in a separate program. I'm not sure if the model will have to be placed right in the game file or if it can run just in the video plugin, but however it is done, it would look amazing.

Thank you for all your current work, and I would love to see this amazing feature sometime.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

@Whitelink11 I do in due course plan to re-add the filters I have removed. Just going to be awhile before I actually do it seeing as how I want to try and add full screen filtering etc. etc. and at the rate I work >.< it will be about a month at least but I will try my best

That crash is quite odd, try removing the cache.ini file created by Rice Video in the texture pack folder.

@phyl95, it really isn't feasible to add model packs or animation smoothing just due to the way that way n64 games actually work. For the most part everything is created using tri's and not actually are model files. Someone might beg to differ on this. Most game's also use lots and lots of these, making it really not that feasible either >.< While it would be a cool idea if it actually worked. I just really don't think its possible.

Audio replacement is probably the most feasible of your ideas, though suanyuan would be the post person to ask on this matter.

phly95

I see now, I've got an idea though. Instead of placing a texture onto a tri, it can load a model in its place, so for one tri on say, link's shield it is supposed to load a certain texture, it can load a model in its place and delete the rest of the tris on links shield that aren't being used (or put a fully transparent texture on top of the extra tris) so that you don't have to make a model for each tri.

I see that animation smoothing is a bit far fetched though.

Last edited:

Whitelink11

Dont forget the Zelda bug, Droid. look the post #196 , above.

Thank you, it worked, its reloading all textures . :D

Damn even after reloading it crashed.

I remark the last texture that is loaded, is called thumbs.db, and i think its the reason my pj64 crash.

I cannot find thumbs.db in my whole pc, could you find a way to fix it, or is there nothing to be fix ?

Because, does it need to load that thumbs.db each time ? i think before it was not loading it.

I never had a single problem loading textures on 0.1.7 version.

Maybe its only a windows bug, i can make the texture loading work, by deleting cache.ini each time i play thought. Like you told me to.

I'm on windows 8

Last edited: