What's new

Real shaders are here. Cel & Bloom

mudlord

Banned
No probs.

I am in the process of creating new shaders as well as rewriting the old ones to be more configurable. I aim to comment them so that ease of use is there. So, in the next few days, I will upload the updated package.

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Oh...oooohhh...SEXEY! And i ain´t talking about the shaders. The lady in the patch...Sexey!!! On a serious note, fantastic work Goddamn fantastic. Excuse me, i´m gonna look at the lady some more...

machinbudule

Thanks so much Mudlord:bouncy:
The server wasn't reachable at 21:36 , ngemu seems to have some problems :( I'll try tomorow ... I'm cursed
edit : can't believe it ! I got it ! :party:
All the best Mudlord.

Last edited:

Anklt45

Hi, i've been looking at those screens, and they look awesome, great work :D

But I have a few questions, and some problems:

- When you tal about RV.dll, are you refering to RiceVideo.dll, or to another plugin?
- Where does the d4rk.dll have to be?

I ask this, because i have already tryed everything. Patching the RiceVideo.dll does nothing, i don't get any effect, with d4rk.dll in the exe dir or the plugins dir, same for shader.fx, even using the combiner type "pixel shader". Patching the RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll and using it, crashes the emulator :(

I don't know what else to do, can someone help me?

Ah, those are my specs, just if needed:

Windows XP Pro SP2
P4 3.0 Ghz HT
512 Mbs DDR
Ati Radeon x1600 Pro, 512 Mbs, PS 2.0 and 3.0 supported. Catalysts 8.5, using older versions just make things worst now :p

And yeah, this happens equally with pj64 and 1964.

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
When you tal about RV.dll, are you refering to RiceVideo.dll, or to another plugin?
- Where does the d4rk.dll have to be?

I am talking about RiceVideo

And d4rk.dll needs to be in the same directory as the emulator.

Patching the RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll and using it, crashes the emulator

Try the link again. I fixed a bug that causes crashing on some PCs. And you definately need to patch that plugin. Others don't work since they don't use DX9.

Anklt45

Thanks for replying Mudlord :)

It keeps crashing. With pj64, it doesn't throw an error or anything, it just crashes and that's all. With 1964, it throws an error telling "Error to start video", and then another one that says "No device found" :(. Maybe the shaders hate Radeon cards? :p

I even tried renaming RiceVideo6.1.3DX9.dll to RV.dll, but that doesn't make any effect at all.

Pogo85

Hi there!

I tried these shaders and got the exact same result as Anklt45, every app i patched just instantly quit on me no matter what i did. However i'm happy to say i got it working!

Looking at d4rk.dll with a hex editor i noticed the line "D3DXCreateEffectFromFileA...\fakehdr.fx", so i simply renamed shader.fx to fakehdr.fx (residing in the same dir as project64.exe and d4rk.dll) and it worked like a charm!

After playing around with the shaders for a while now all i have to say is: Really nice job mudlord!

Edit: I just had to show this pic of Ocarina of Time with the cel-texture pack and mudlords bloom shader + heavy antialiasing and anisotropic filtering. Never thought i'd see oot looking this damn good!

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA-6.png

Last edited:

Anklt45

@Pogo85:

Dude, if you we're a girl, i would ask you to marry me. lol.

Thank you, they're working as they should now, time to put those shaders to use, yes sir :).

Thanks to Mudlord for implementing the shaders like this.

mudlord

Banned
Looking at d4rk.dll with a hex editor i noticed the line "D3DXCreateEffectFromFileA...\fakehdr.fx ", so i simply renamed shader.fx to fakehdr.fx (residing in the same dir as project64.exe and d4rk.dll) and it worked like a charm!

Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

This will be fixed for the next update.

Thommo

Hey guys,

Can anyone confirm if these shaders do NOT work in Vista ? Because I am having trouble getting them to work but I could well have missed a step.

Also which plugin do we use ? Mudlord Rice 6.1.3 DX9 or Mudlord Rice 6.1.4 ?

And finally I have put the d4rk file into my pj64 directory where my .exe is located and i have copied one dll shader to the same directory, and I have renamed the shader to fakehdr and tried pressing the + numpad key and yet nothing occurs.

At this point I will bet that its Rice 6.1.3 DX9 plugin that needs using, which is one plugin which I cannot see any video output......any input would be greatly appreciated, lol.

Cheers.

Anklt45

You have to use Mudlord Rice 6.1.3 DX9.

You patch it, put d4rk.dll in the emulator directory, and put shader.fx where d4rk.dll is located. Afterwards, you rename shader.fx to fakehdr.fx (until Mudlord updates the d4rk.dll file).

If that doesn't work, you should put your specs, so people can help you further ;).

Cyberman

Well I am glad they told you about the problem immediately mudlord (snicker). Seriously report bugs in the plugin forum in for Rice's video (latest) if you are using the old plugin don't bother reporting bugs (because you are reporting old news).

I have been plotting erstwhile should give you (mudlord) an update on the idea from hell (pun intended).

Cyb

Thommo

I have no idea what cyberman just said lol, but to address anlk45....pal I already did all this you just mentioned the first time out, I'm not being funny but I do actually read posts and take measures to problem solve on my own in the first place before I ask on a forum.

But I also appreciate the fact that you are just trying to help so for that I thank you.

Now that I know which plugin is meant to be used for these shaders I think I now know what the problem is.....Mudlord Rice 6.1.3 DX9 plugin and the DX10 on Vista, I think that is why I get no video output with this plugin and yet I do get video output on Mudlord Rice 6.1.4 plugin. Unless I am completely wrong but even in the readme of the shader pack it said it hadn't been tested on Vista, so there's my assumption.

@cyberman....pal i notice u put the Mudlord in bold and laughing about it, I call it Mudlord Rice plugin because well look is that not the name of these particular builds that Mudlord is working on - to separate them in some way from the older plugins so that people know what they are downloading as opposed to simply calling it Rice's plugin as before ?

In English Mudlord is working on these plugins now so therefore these new plugins should officially be titled and reffered to on the forums differently in some way to the older revisions which were worked on by somebody else. Should they not ? :)

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
Well I am glad they told you about the problem immediately mudlord (snicker). Seriously report bugs in the plugin forum in for Rice's video (latest) if you are using the old plugin don't bother reporting bugs (because you are reporting old news).

I have been plotting erstwhile should give you (mudlord) an update on the idea from hell (pun intended).

Cyb
What´s your game, mister? You guys are up to something! Be careful, or it will be the doom for us all!!:p

Yeah, on to topic: Renaming the files worked like a charm, so thank you, Pogo85.

mudlord

Banned
Patch updated.
Includes a new scanline shader by Verdauga Greeneyes.
Includes a variable description table in the readme for shader coders.
Also fixes the issue brought up via Pogo and co.

mudlord

Banned
Well I am glad they told you about the problem immediately mudlord (snicker).

I am too. I hate people not letting me know of issues in my code.

What´s your game, mister? You guys are up to something!

Of course we both are, why else we do what we do? :p

Heheheh, I'd love to hear from you about how you are going with our scheme....:p