What's new

Real shaders are here. Cel & Bloom

Marink

Hey, this seems really good. I only just found out about this scene but your doing some really awesome work. But it doen't work on the 6.1.4 plugin, so does anyone have a link to a 6.1.3 plugin.

Much appreciated.

mudlord

Banned
If people are interested, I'm planning a plugin update for the DX9 plugin. It will only support D3D9, so that the plugin will be smaller in size. I'm also planning on adding the same 32x texture support as in 6.1.3, so retexturers could use that. Though, to preserve compatibility with Glide64, its best that only 4x textures are used.

Terranigma

If people are interested, I'm planning a plugin update for the DX9 plugin. It will only support D3D9, so that the plugin will be smaller in size. I'm also planning on adding the same 32x texture support as in 6.1.3, so retexturers could use that. Though, to preserve compatibility with Glide64, its best that only 4x textures are used.

I love you, man.

Oh, any chance the plugin will also have added supports for a few more games and improved support for existing games?

mudlord

Banned
love you, man.

Heheheh,

and I managed to patch everything to work on 1.6!!!

So shaders now work with PJ64 1.6, too

I need some testers to help me test with various emulators, anyone interested?

Linkage

Last edited:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
As Koolsmoky explained, GlideHQ accepts arbitrary texture magnification ratio in the power of two numbers, x1, x2, x4, x8, x16, x32, x64, x128, ...
However, magnification ratio above x4 is just a useless waste of memory, IMO.

mudlord

Banned
GlideHQ accepts arbitrary texture magnification ratio in the power of two numbers, x1, x2, x4, x8, x16, x32, x64, x128, ...

Thanks for correcting me :)

However, magnification ratio above x4 is just a useless waste of memory, IMO.

I beg to differ. It could be used for very small textures to boost quality. Though, I agree that using them extensively is overkill. But I guess thats a choice the texture designers can make.

Unusual_Rex

珍しい&#2957
Were can I download the latest bloom and Cel effects? There are so many links throughout the thread, which ones are the newest?

Edit: Okay, I found the stuff, but I can't get any of the effects to work! I press + on the NumPad, but nothing happens! I've got an nVidia Geforce 8800 so I doubt that it's the graphic card, any help?

Last edited:

Ryuran

The Overseer
You doesn't need to press "+", at least I didn't have to. If it's not working try changing the resolution. Some games only works at especific resolutions...

Doommarine23

Zelda Texture Editor
Were can I download the latest bloom and Cel effects? There are so many links throughout the thread, which ones are the newest?

Edit: Okay, I found the stuff, but I can't get any of the effects to work! I press + on the NumPad, but nothing happens! I've got an nVidia Geforce 8800 so I doubt that it's the graphic card, any help?

Set your graphics mode to Pixel Shader.
PJ16

Configure Graphics plugin

DirectX

Combiner type drop down list: Pixel Shader

Video Settings

Rest is the same.

MikiZora

'B' Button does to much
I rather like the bloom cell it looks like how it would of looked during animated production oh and i cant help with file front it likes to always work for me