What's new

Real shaders are here. Cel & Bloom

VinnyC

How can i make this work consistently???

I have gotten this plugin to work correctly two times out of about a hundred tries. I am honestly clueless on how to get this thing to work. I have an 8800GTX with WinXP and the latest WHQL graphics driver.

I even edited the fakehdr.fx file to reference a different key on the keyboard with no luck. How on earth do I get this to work consistenly?!? I've tried different resolutions, rebooting, re-downloading the necessary files, I've tried setting the affinity of PJ64 to run on one core, setting the compiler mode to Pixel Shader along with DirectX (even though when it did work I did NOT have it on pixel shader mode), I've reinstalled pj64, set textures to 16bit, set textures to 32bit, turned Anisotropic filtering to 16x, turned Anisotropic filtering off, reinstalled the rice plugins, tried it with hi-res textures, regular textures, i've used pj64 1.6 and pj64 1.7....there has got to be a bug in one of these dll files or something. Is there any way to tell if it is even loading the d3d9.dll & fakehdr files correctly?:crazy:

death--droid

XD how does everyone have pj64 1.7 when there website donating = dead.

Oh yeah it depends how the plugin your using is built it might not accept the shaders as they can may or may not be programmed for the rendering engine it user as the can either use OpenGL or DirectX(D3D)

VinnyC

I'm using the Rice 6.1.3 DX9 plugin (the right one). Also, we get PJ64 1.7 from TORRENTS. It seems buggier than version 1.6 though. Anyways, I want this to work! Someone please fix it fix it fix it fix it!

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
XD how does everyone have pj64 1.7 when there website donating = dead.

Oh yeah it depends how the plugin your using is built it might not accept the shaders as they can may or may not be programmed for the rendering engine it user as the can either use OpenGL or DirectX(D3D)
It´s very simple. You only have to donate ONCE, and then you can get all the builds. Probably those who have it, donated a LONG time ago.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
WAREZ Kiddie

Also, we get PJ64 1.7 from TORRENTS. It seems buggier than version 1.6 though. Anyways, I want this to work! Someone please fix it fix it fix it fix it!
Yeah, you can see what's you fault, do you? You download 1.7 from ILLEGAL sources, and it's just an old bugged and hacked release. That's it. So no support by anyone.

VinnyC

lol gee thanks. If Project 64 would open up their donation thing again, I would love to donate. I can't help it if they closed it for some reason. Also, the only reason i downloaded PJ64 1.7 is because i could not get the HDR to work with 1.6. Since it doesn't work with 1.7 either, I have already deleted it and am back to using 1.6

So if someone would kindly consider either giving step-by-step instructions on getting the HDR thing to work with version 1.6, or maybe figure out how to get it to load the fakehdr & d3d9.dll files that would be wonderfully helpful.

gitech

N64 Artist
I checked out your flash comparison for OOT and I am impressed. I would like to know if I could do the same thing. What do I need and can it be done so that it would display here within a thread?

As for PJ64 1.7 I do not have it but I (like many others) would like to know what is going on with it as well. I hope it is not dead.

I noticed the authors were working on it specifically for Castlevania LOD at some point. I have put thousands of hours into my LOD hi-res pack and was hoping it may spur some new enthusiasm for making progress in the way of emulators and plugins...namely PJ64 1.7 and Mudlords/rice so the game could run without error and with all of the sound channels and no sound pops.

VinnyC

I checked out your flash comparison for OOT and I am impressed. I would like to know if I could do the same thing. What do I need and can it be done so that it would display here within a thread?

I'm glad you like it! If you have flash, you are more than welcome to try to do the same thing, however it wasn't as easy as you might hope. There was a lot of actionscripting involved to get everything working, and I don't think you would be able to post it in a thread.

I honestly would like to do another one of these comparison things myself using the HDR mod, hence why i'm so adamant about getting it to work. So... if anyone would like to help... that would be great!

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I'm using the Rice 6.1.3 DX9 plugin (the right one). Also, we get PJ64 1.7 from TORRENTS. It seems buggier than version 1.6 though. Anyways, I want this to work! Someone please fix it fix it fix it fix it!
Haha, i just noticed his post, SHEESH! Right out in the open, right? You loose a lot of respect for something like that...However, i am sure that even several of the mods here have downloaded stuff illegally (Don´t you deny it). Like roms, but they don´t blurt it out like that. And i don´t believe you when you say you want to donate.

GOD, i´m in a pissed mood today, and you just added to it.

mudlord

Banned

Ages ago, I wrote a generic patch so shaders will work on mostly any targeted app. Including Rice Video under Project64 1.6. And all versions of BSNES (and byuu personally found the patch cool :bouncy: ).

Currently, I can't be arsed to update it. But if people use warez stuff, why should I bother?

As for PJ64 1.7 I do not have it but I (like many others) would like to know what is going on with it as well. I hope it is not dead.

Not dead, just on haitus. Jabo and zilmar have got personal and business lives, remember?

VinnyC

lol oh you guys, like you've never used a torrent before. Have them open up the donations again, and I will happily donate. Why would they close donations anyway? "These people want to give us their money, quick stop them!" ?????

Also, I already legally own all these games as well, including the master quest, which may be saying more than quite a few of the users here. I own every single copy of every zelda game made for every system including the three CDI games, as well as demo discs / cartridges for many others.

So please don't start getting worked up because I tried using an 'illegal' copy of pj64 1.7 (which won't even start anyway). I'm pretty sure all roms are illegal, even for 'backup purposes'.

gitech

N64 Artist
Not dead, just on hiatus. Jabo and zilmar have got personal and business lives, remember?

I noticed the authors were working on it specifically for Castlevania LOD at some point. I have put thousands of hours into my LOD hi-res pack and was hoping it may spur some new enthusiasm for making progress in the way of emulators and plugins...namely PJ64 1.7 and Mudlords/rice so the game could run without error and with all of the sound channels and no sound pops.

Thanks for replying mudlord. Yes, personal lives ARE more important than any of this. ;) I would like to ask you if at some point you might be able work with me to solve some problems I have with LOD. The first one could be a fix that may greatly improve the performance of any hi-res pack and/or allow any texture artist to make all textures in a game hires without slowdown. I am referring to what I call "trouble textures" for lack of a better name. You can read about them in post # 109 here: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=43535&page=11 ... and datadayne and cyberman's posts on the top of the next page.

Another one is getting all sound channels to work with PJ64 and your plugin. I do not know if the problem is with your plugin but instead with PJ64 as all sound channels work in 1964 with your plugin. The problem with 1964 though is that the sound pops much more. I have tried nearly every other emulator and plugin combination possible and it's always a so-close-but-no-cigar scenario. It seems a combination of emulator and plugins to get perfect graphics and sound may be within reach.

Last edited:

machinbudule

Hi mudlord,
Thanks for your amazing job ! I'm really impressed and I would really enjoy to install those shaders on my PC but links to your vba-m's personalfiles page are all dead (hlslpatch.rar...) I've googled and browsed your site but didn't find anything. Please reupload them:bouncy:
Or anyone who has them.

Last edited:
Yeah, you can see what's you fault, do you? You download 1.7 from ILLEGAL sources, and it's just an old bugged and hacked release. That's it. So no support by anyone.
lolz. I would torrent it to, to be honest. Paying for, not only a beta(which might not even run, due to the nature of beta software), but what is also supposed to be free software(since you can't really legally charge for this kinda stuff without permission) makes no sense. And besides, at the rate things are going... Duke Nukem Forever will be out before this is. Thus giving many like me even less incentive to throw money at them.

Toasty

Sony battery
Project64 is not free software; it is freeware. There is a difference. When you donate, you are donating; you are not paying for software. In gratitude for your donation the PJ64 team grants you access to beta builds. And finally, its current lack of availability is not an excuse to spread incomplete copies of their work that aren't ready to be publicly distributed yet.

Honestly, all this complaining about the policies of the PJ64 team is getting old. It's not ready yet, so it's not being released. Donations aren't currently accepted on the PJ64 site. That's that. Can we get back on topic now?

mudlord

Banned
but links to your vba-m's personalfiles page are all dead (hlslpatch.rar...) I've googled and browsed your site but didn't find anything. Please reupload them
Or anyone who has them.

I have a extremely busy schedule this month, but afterwards, OR when I have a teensy bit free time, I will update my website, and reupload cdiddy's and I's pixel shaders.