What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
This is gonna repeat itself, but:

If a bug can be fixed by activating an option provided by the gfx plugin you use, it's not an issue. It would be similar to enabling the "Force Normal Blending" option and telling everyone that Super Mario 64 had missing textures.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
What F-3582 said (if an option fixes it it's not an issue) is basically right and a good rule of thumb (although sometimes, an option is needed where it "shouldn't" be, but that's up to us). so please check that nothing in the plugin fixes it before reporting. it's ok though, because it's still worth putting in the gamefaq.

Speedfreak69

I know what he is saying but I dont muck around with any settings (i am just here to help out with the RDB and other people can fiddle with the settings to see if it fixes the bugs

Speedfreak69

nope spend to much time looking for bugs havent got any more time to spare to finding fixes :whistling (Smiff is the bug fixer)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
guigui007 thanks yes they will go in at some point but we don't have confirmation that the new dumps are good?

those patches, how do i know they're right? they probably are, but putting in incorrect corrections could be even more confusing.. i'll hold off on these for now ok, will consider for RDB after next maybe.

beta11 upped. changelog in first post.
main change here is that all (?) the PD ROMs have been added. this is not my work, so thanks Gent, SGi and Radeonuser for that...
report any problems with PD status and notes aswell here now i guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

olivieryuyu

nice work :)

hmm yeah you should say also: undhanled FB effects in menu for Beetle Adv racing (scrolling menu as a film between each screen of menu)

;)

Speedfreak69

in the GameFAQ it says the letter M is missing, the first letter from each option is missing not just the M

in Super Smash Bros (U) [!] and (E) (M3) [!] and (A) [!]and Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) [!] these bugs happen in all

In intro and gameplay and how to play black line near top of screen
In intro Donkey Kong goes thru the platform and in Starfox the wings of the small ship can be seen thru the big ship (can see it better with the intro running)
In intro and title screen glitchy line near top of screen
In the (J) version black lines in the background everywhere
In the options then screen adjust cannnot move the crosshair around

007 - The World is Not Enough (E) (M3) [!] and (U) [!]
during the demo one screen is not correct (save state just before it )
and the picture was take using the Glide plugin and it is not correct either

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Speedfreak69 said:
In Quake 64 (E) [!] and (U) [!] when it says insert Rumble Pak it doesnt detect it

hmm seems to be detected fine, but i was using N-Rage's with raw and without raw, because i don't have FF drivers installed on here for jabo's...

Speedfreak69

Glover (E) (M3) [!] and (U) [!] the backgrounds are not correct (missing clouds ) and around the door frames you can see the rainbow effect (go up a bit close and its normal)

Hercules - The Legendary Journeys (E) [!] and (U) [!] at the begining when it says to insert the Rumble Pak and you put it on Use Rumble Pak it doesnt detect it

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
you're using jabo's input plugin yes? you have rumble selected in that plugin? is rumble detected if you use n-rage's?

Speedfreak69

yep im using Jabo's (all the default plugins)(I dont use any other plugins as stated on the first page of this thread)

How to test:
Use only Project64 v1.6, Jabo D3D8 1.6, Dsound 1.6, Dinput 1.6, included 1.6 RSP.
default settings.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yer but sometimes i ask you to use another plugin to confirm where problem is, please.

Speedfreak69

yep it detect with n-rage's (how do you turn the rumble on in Jabos just in case i am doing something wrong)is it just the memory pak ???

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
ok: for rumble to appear in the drop down menu in jabo's you must have force feedback drivers installed, by design, so this is not actually what we'd call a bug (more a limitation).