What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

RattleMan

Avid Gamer
Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but I just was playing Bomberman 64, and I went to a boss (any Level 4 boss will do), and there is a complex blur effect used in these boss fights at the beginning, which is not emulated correctly; a bunch of corrupted multicolor lines replace it. The same happens in the game credits with zooming-out pictures (at least the one when you beat Black Fortress, I can't remember the one when you beat Rainbow Cloud).

Also, when I tried this on the U version, I set up a new file, and PJ64 couldn't even complete the opening FMV. It freezes right after the rays from Black Fortress fire on the running red bombermen. I don't know if this is a problem only for me, or what...

Speedfreak69

Crusi'n Exotica bug

Cruis'n Exotica (U) [!] on the car select screen black box in the middle of the screen and during the intro with the car stats screen black box in middle of screen and on transmission select white box on screen

Last edited:

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Both Zelda games seem to have some glitches:

Zelda OoT: The adult princess Ruto (the Zora princess who works as a sage :D) doesn't fade in and out correctly: her body immediately disappears/materializes, only her head seems to fade out/in as supposed.

Also in the end credits where all the sages are standing in front of Death Mountain, the camera looks into the sky and you see some sort of zooming. The skybox, however gets smaller and smaller (might be intended) and eventually you'll see its black borders.

Zelda MoM: Shortly before a new day begins (when you hear the bells toll), the screen gets smaller and the borders get glitchy. However, as soon as the new day begins, it gets back to nomal.

I'll post some screenshots as soon as I find some time to do it.

P.S.: Try www.imageshack.us - it'll host every image you want.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Zelda MM, we know about, sorry it wasn't in the GameFAQ for some reason, added

Zelda OoT, i think we'll need pics and states of those please, i haven't actually heard of those?

i think they just upgraded the forum so not all working atm?

Speedfreak69

Bomberman 64 - The Second Attack! (U) [!] at the begining of the intro when the bomb explodes the life bar goes all the way across the screen
In Battle mode when you choose your characters none of the characters can be seen down the bottom
on the stage select you cannnot see the stage and after the game has finished on the win screen you cannot see anything
In Tutorial 1 the pic of the joystick is messed up
On the title screen bomberman's little sidekick is supposed to be moving all over the screen but is missing

ECW Hardcore Revolution (E) [!] and (U) [!] bottom of the names and options are cut off

Flying Dragon (E) [!] and (U) [!] black lines going thru screens
glitches on menu and other screens and health bar during game not correct

GT 64 - Championship Edition (U) [!] and (E) (M3) [!] and City-Tour GP - Zennihon GT Senshuken (J) [!] as well as the map is glitched so is the pointer in the speedometer and the (J) version freezes up sometimes during gameplay

Gex 3 - Deep Cover Gecko (E) (M3) [!] and (U) [!] water is glitched throughout the intro and game and in the intro his chair is supposed to have red stripes but they dissapper most of the time

Last edited by a moderator:

zerdekx

Dr Mario 64

Seems to fix the problem with the messed up maps if you copy framebuffer to rd ram but with my pc (2Gh AMD, 720Mb RAM, GeForce 4 Ti) drops FPS to 12 and dlist usage goes up to 98%...

RattleMan

Avid Gamer
I figured out how to enable the complex blur effect, in response to my post:

"Don't know if anyone's mentioned this yet, but I just was playing Bomberman 64, and I went to a boss (any Level 4 boss will do), and there is a complex blur effect used in these boss fights at the beginning, which is not emulated correctly; a bunch of corrupted multicolor lines replace it. The same happens in the game credits with zooming-out pictures (at least the one when you beat Black Fortress, I can't remember the one when you beat Rainbow Cloud)."

If you enable "Copy framebuffer to RDRAM" it will go very slowly, but WILL emulate the blur effect. I'm not sure about the zooming-out pictures, but it might fix that too. This also fixes most of the intro problems (uses the blur effect too)

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

Paperboy (E) [!] and (U) [!] the map is glitched (no green dots or white pointer)

Spiderman (U) [!] the background is not correct

Space Invaders (U) [!] the shield is glitched and when the mother ship crosses the top, part of it is in the border and when the invaders drop down from the top of the screen aswell

Ridge Racer 64 (E) [!] and (U) [!] choose grand prix and after you choose all of your options part of the screen gets stuck in the right hand side border and can anyone confirm when you go through tunnels are the lights supposed to look like that ????

V-Rally Edition 99 (E) [!] and (U) [!] pointer in the speedometer is glitched, black line through the middle of the screen and on the right hand side in the border is not correct and on the rocks the textures are not correct until you get closer to it and reverse light and brake light (when you brake the light from it )on the right hand side is not correct (moved over a bit to the right)

King Hill 64 - Extreme Snowboarding (J) [!] and Twised Edge Extreme Snowboarding (E) [!] and (U) [!]during the replays (at the start usually)has clipping issues at bottom of the screen and on the menu screen the 3 big snowflakes on the left hand side dont rotate properly

Star Wars Episode 1 Racer (E) (M3) [!] and (U) [!] doesnt detect the expansion pak so you cannot change it to hi res and then when you change memory to 8m and it is detected the resolution is bad
during gameplay sky flashes and clips a fair bit and after the race is finished just let the racer go around the track and you wil see rocks and the grandstand and other things stretch alot

Superman (E) (M6) [!] and (U) (M3) [!] the sky isnt supposed to purple (it is missing the fog)
here are a couple of pics that are correct

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
i think ifound the prob with rush 2049 and it not working on the dx8 plugin

i was playing with conker since it had the same prob with not showing 2d stuff

i turned off "ajust the aspect ratio to match your comp"or somthin like that and the 2d poped back up so i think it might work with 2049...

edit:yup it works and it also fixes all those other probs

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

Rally '99 (J) [!] and Rally Challenge 2000 (U) [!] during demo and gameplay reflections off the car windows are glitched , the speedometer is glitched and during gameplay there is a lot of slowdown (only when you are looking from behind the car when you are in the car there is no slowdown)
plus the mention errors in the GameFAQ
title screen and menus and in game start timer

and the replays are missing the motion blur

Last edited:

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
About the Zelda - MM thing: Does the Faq also mention the photo glitch? If you take a photo with your camera, only the paper is shown, but not the actual picture.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
F-3582 said:
About the Zelda - MM thing: Does the Faq also mention the photo glitch? If you take a photo with your camera, only the paper is shown, but not the actual picture.

this is supposed to work.. does it need Copy FB to RDRAM?

general point: please check the latest gFAQ before posting, save everyone's time.

Bizen

On Zelda master quest, using Farore's Wind in a dungeon, will freeze the game saying Error Failed to load word, Verify ROM and ROM settings, any suggestions?

edit: also freezes when you use magic of any sort in a dungeon

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

South Park Rally bugs

South Park Rally (E) [!] and (U) [!] on the first couple of screens it doesnt take up the whole screen and on some screens there is not supposed to be pink outlines around things (below the wrong ones is a correct pic )and the pointers on the map are not correct(below the wrong one is a correct pic) go to options then audio and do the music test on the first couple of songs and they are running really fast

olivieryuyu

Nekokabu said:
here.
I try adding microcode to RDB, but not work

thanks

for me i think (UNSURE) it could be CPU GFX effect: the cpu is treating all the gfx data so there is no ucode used. It's as with Yakouchuu II - Satsujin Kouru with the movies.

It's detectable for those two games hopefully as most of those effects CAN'T be detected by plugins/emulators it seems (Starcraft intro for instance).

May be Pokemon Stadium GB Tower is using it too

Afaik there is no sound, that's not good and it could be something else.

well nothing to do for that i think :(

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

Killer Instinct Gold (E) [!] and (U) [!] on the character select screen parts of the fighters are missing and there is lots of flickering and after you select your characters there are glitchy lines next to them

Space Dynamites (J) [!] when you first load the game the second screen covers the first and after the press start screen the next screen all the menus are missing

Snow Speeder (J) [!] most of the writng in the game is messed up