What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
I didn't know that this was a light, I took it for some slime instead. But your screenshot really shows it. Can you post a screenie from the real N64?

mathesar

Had to use my digitalcam so its not the best shot ,but you can see what I mean:

conkern645nz.jpg

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Yes, I see. Besides, Conker's shadow also seems to become darker the closer it is to him and the overall contrast matches the atmosphere much better (might be caused by your digicam shot). The game looks pretty nice on the original thing.

mathesar

Ya the shadow actualy looks much nicer on the real thing ,it animates very smoothly and is dark closer to him like in the pic , the shadow animation is kind of choppy / jerky in pj64 and also has a lower resolution look to it (blocky) - But I dont know of any other emulator that runs conker as well as PJ64.

Last edited:

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
I'd say it is a gfx plugin issue (if you want to put it that way - the fact that something like this can be done is still amazing). 1964, the emu I mainly use, runs the game a little better, because turning the CF to 1 makes the game actually run smoother than on the N64 (some strange dynamic frame skip calculation in the game makes this possible :D ). Strangely PJ64 doesn't run the game that well.

P.S.: Those two bright lines on the top and on the bottom of that screenshot - are they caused by your TV?

Last edited:

mathesar

F-3582 said:
P.S.: Those two bright lines on the top and on the bottom of that screenshot - are they caused by your TV?

Yea for some reason my N64 displays with small black bars on top and bottom on my TV (cant see the black bars in the screenshot) its sort of like how a widescreen dvd movie would display but n64 has much smaller bars, so your seeing the extreme top & bottom of the n64 image wich you wouldnt normaly see ,the bright lines are a result of the black bars , its kind of wierd considering my other consoles dont do this (PS2/Xbox/Gamecube) but it never really bothered me...it might have something to do with it being an HDTV.

Firon

Conker actually has the same texture glitch that Turok has. Certain textures look far more repeated than they should be. It's fixed by turning the legacy pixel pipeline on, but I don't know what other kinds of bugs that brings.

Techman

Nolifer
I get crashes with Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time (V1.2) (U) in some rooms (for example the room in deku tree dungeon where you get by jumping from top of the tree through the web) The emulator + windows both crash I need to restard my computer manually. This happens only with the new RDB, not the one that comes with the emu. So, what has these RDB's changed in OoT?

Speedfreak69

Ganbare Goemon 2 - Deorudero Douchuuc Obake Tenkomori (J) [!] and Mystical Ninja 2 Starrimg Goemon (E) (M3) [!] during intro the speech is out of sync and on both sides of the background is missing and in the (E) version the intro slows down a bit and during the game you can see a white line (where the textures meet i think)

Chou Kuukan Night Pro Yakyuu King 2 (J) when you load Project64 it doesnt detect the rom name in the game list and lots of graphical errors throughout the game

Virtual Chess 64 (U) [!] comes up in the game list as Virtual Chess 64 (E) (M3)

Jikkyou World Cup France '98 (J) [!] during the intro when the pitch is scrolling across in the background it is not correct (graphical errors)
and in the 2nd picture (team select) on the right hand side it looks like graphical errors

World Cup 98 (E) [!] and (U) [!] the pitch colour is not correct and on the options screens it is missing a letter

Let's Smash Tennis (J) [!] and Centre Court Tennis (E) [!]
just let it run through the demo and on a couple of courts they change colour (the same colour as the sky by the looks of it)

South Park (E) [!] and (U) [!] the radar doesnt work properly

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Speedfreak69 said:
South Park (E) [!] and (U) [!] the radar doesnt work properly

mind telling us how it should work? theres a green square spinning around inside a grey circle.. not sure how it should look.

Chou Kuukan Night Pro Yakyuu King 2 (J) when you load Project64 it doesnt detect the rom name in the game list
don't understand this sorry

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

Smiff said:
mind telling us how it should work? theres a green square spinning around inside a grey circle.. not sure how it should look.

don't understand this sorry

ok bug1 South Park radar
in the first picture it is wrong the green bit doesnt take up the whole circle (you can see the background through it and is missing the little white pointer off it
in the second pic this is how it should look

bug 2
ok when you load up Project64 and it comes up with the list of games to choose from instead of coming up with Chou Kuukan Night Pro Yakyuu King 2 (J) it comes up with bad rom ? use GoodN64 to check it

Can anybody confirm if these are bugs please

In Aidyn Chronicles - The First Mage (E) [!] and (U) [!] in the first pic is the word ok supposed to look like that ??

in the 2nd and 3rd pics in the (U) version it has Licensed by Nintendo under the logo and in the (E) version it doesn't is this correct ??

in 64 Trump Collection - Alice no Wakuwaku Trump World (J) [!] at the start of every stage this glitch happens
save state included just before it happens

64 Oozumou (J) [!] has slowdown throughout the intro and game

All Star Baseball '99 (E) [!] and (U) [!] not just glitches in the menus but throughout the whole game

Fushigi no Dungeon - Fuurai no Shiren 2 (J) [!] during game go to options screen and background is messed up and black lines behind speech text and when the monsters invade the town there is a lot of flickering going on (save state included) and more flickering a bit further on into the cutscene (when an old woman comes out of a building)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
do not post anything related to other emus in this thread, please.
(except specifically where needed to show how something "should" be).

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

J.League Live 64 (J) [!] runs slow and after you choose your team the picture on the right doesnt completely disappear off the screen

Jeopardy! (U) [!] when the host speaks it is out of sync (even with the option ticked)

Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 (U) [!] and (E) [!] when you pause the game you cannot see which option is highlighted

Fighting Cup (J) [!] has the same errors as Fighter's Destiny (E) [!] and (U) [!]

Jikkyou G1 Stable (J) [!] during the demo the horses and riders all glitch up and at the top of the screen there are lines and are there supposed to be green lines around the horses and riders ???

Jikkyou J.League 1999 - Perfect Striker 2 (J) [!] after you choose your teams and just before kickoff the screen goes all glitchy (but not for long)

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu - Basic Han 2001 (J) [!] after you hit the ball the games pauses for a second or 2 (is this a bug ???) and when you hit a foul ball the crowd disappears soon after

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2000 (J) [!] lots of glitches during the intro (ive upped just a couple)

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 4 (J) [!] the catchers glove is glitched

Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 5 (J) [!] during the intro most of the stadiums have lines on them

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Minor inaccuracy
Resident Evil 2 rom notice :[video] depth problem [rsp]
rsp is not responsible for depth problem in this game.

Edit: sorry, I was inattentive. [rsp] speech glitch.

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

Kakutou Denshou: F-Cup Maniax (J) [!] text problems throughout the game and during gameplay a glitch up the top and in the middle of the screen

Ken Griffey Jr's Slugfest (U) [!] at the very begining there is a black screen and then you hear Ken speak and then press start comes up on the screen (is there supposed to be a title screen ???) and the big TV screen is black
the second pic is correct

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
No, that screen uses the current framebuffer as texture, similar to Mario Kart 64. It doesn't look like an issue to me.

Speedfreak69

what ya mean not an issue ??? the tv has a black screen and the bottom pic is not from the emulator it is from a real n64

Destruction Derby 64 (U) [!] and (E) [!] during the demo on the first track, glitches can be seen next to a building then a building disappears

Doraemon - Mittsu no Seireiseki (J) [!] all the text is missing during the intro and game and the cat should be all blue

Doraemon 2 - Hikari no Shinden (J) [!] title screen text is messed up and graphic glitches in objects menu

Extreme G (J) [!] and end (E) [!] and (U) [!] glitches through the intro and demo and game down the bottom of the screen and glitches on the options screen and title screen is nothing but a white screen

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Speedfreak69 said:
what ya mean not an issue ??? the tv has a black screen and the bottom pic is not from the emulator it is from a real n64

Did you try that option I pointed at? If it will fix the screen, it is NOT an issue.

Last edited: