What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

Kevonni

In Donkey Kong 64, I went through the sky in the Angery Aztec level while swinging on a vine and it restarted. The same problem happens in Jungle Japes. Also, the camera is messed up while swinging on a vine. The picture becomes fragmented.

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Notes for games that refer you to the GameFAQ but are missing:
- Nagano Winter Olympics 98 and Hyper Olympics Nagano (also says use O1 version but no explanation)
- Tom and Jerry in Fists of Furry

A few more games that are worth taking a look at:
- Fushigi no Dungeon - Fuurai no Shiren 2 - pause menu uses primary frame buffer, slow.

- Getter Love !! Cho Renai Party Game - video shows missing faces. Would make a useful note.

- Looney Toons - Duck Dodgers - is missing the note "high system requirements" as seen on the (U) version Duck Dodgers Starring Daffey Duck.

- Forsaken 64 - Gameplay and music run much faster compared to actual N64. If you use "sync game to audio" it corrects the speed. It would make for a useful entry to the GameFAQ.

- Madden NFL 2000 shows up as Madden 2000 as a good name.

- Madden NFL 2000 and Madden NFL 2001 have a funky framerate. A counter factor of 1 makes em run smoother.

-WCW Nitro - Default counter factor is 2, which makes the game run too fast. Counter factor of 3 makes it run like the real N64.

-Mario Kart 64 - The GameFAQ says:
In Multiplayer, why does Player1 have no audio?
This may be how the game is on the real system - only Player2 has sound effects (uncomfirmed?).
- This happens if you have "Stereo" selected ingame and your speakers only support mono sound (which is one speaker or no panning). Selecting "Mono" ingame will fix the issue.

That's a few I know of, I may post more later if I find anything.

Last edited:

Lord Sonx

Crazy Animator
Kevonni said:
In Donkey Kong 64, I went through the sky in the Angery Aztec level while swinging on a vine and it restarted. The same problem happens in Jungle Japes. Also, the camera is messed up while swinging on a vine. The picture becomes fragmented.

extreme polygon erm.. messupage
this seems to be a random bug.. sometimes happens, sometimes doensn't..

also sometimes when aarring stuff the obbject will dissappear then reappaer somewhere else?

if the polygon bug is fixed then these erros wont happen...

steveo661

"the Steverino"
ok i got a problem with loading up PERFECT DARK on my Proj.64(v.6.1) it keeps on freezing at the same FPS in the beginning and it really annoying me do you have any suggestions of what i should do? i have already tried redownloading BOTH Proj.64 and perfect dark.can anybody hlp me?

Lord Sonx

Crazy Animator
is that the intro movie or the 1st level ?< or the main building thingy>?

most the freezes are just very long loading times..

Blacklord

Banned
It seems that if you use the N-rage controller plugin and enable Direct 3D transformation pipeline the game will no longer flicker. The strange thing is that after i went back to default settings it still did'nt flicker.

The image appears before zipper(it's the other way around).It's not so important but it's metioned in the FAQ:
-video
-zipper transition effect may not be correct (need info please)

steveo661 said:
ok i got a problem with loading up PERFECT DARK on my Proj.64(v.6.1) it keeps on freezing at the same FPS in the beginning and it really annoying me do you have any suggestions of what i should do? i have already tried redownloading BOTH Proj.64 and perfect dark.can anybody hlp me?

It happens to me to: Perfect Dark appears and then there is a long wait. The game continues after around 10sec of pressing start. Is that it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Sonx

Crazy Animator
dk64 error?

in donkey kong 64, the bonus games < the very old arcade games, donkey kong and jetpack?> do not show properly, dk infact seems to crap the game

this ins't mentioned in the faq.. any help with this!?

Nathanew

I check yesterday with a Original Majora's mask's Video and two image suppose to happen (the one with the giant and the other one) and in place it show in the emulated game a ''snapshot'' of the game (like link climbing the step of the inn or something like that). In clear, the image of the anju's granny's story dosen't appear properly.

Other thing, when it show the location, the letter of the location should ''unroll'' (letter by letter)

Video Issue (Jasbo)

Last edited:

Yaj3221

Duke Nukem 64

Still Has a Depth Problem
You Can Still See Enemy's Through Most WALLS!!!! :plain:
It's Had This Problem Since PJ64 1.4

& When I Press Generate Bitmap (F3) it says PJ64 Has encountered a problem & needs to close
So thats why i can't make a picture for you to see.

My Specs: CPU: AMD Duron 1.1ghz at 1.1ghz, Graphics: Geforce FX 5200 TDH,
Sound: Onboard AC79 Audio, Memory: 512mb sdram

Last edited:

Blacklord

Banned
Could anyone please verify my starwars shadows... flicker problem fix on page 46? I really would like to know if it works.

axcc123

Hungry For Answers
Blacklord said:
Could anyone please verify my starwars shadows... flicker problem fix on page 46? I really would like to know if it works.
USE GLIDE 64 wonder plus gfx plugin

EmuNoviceUser

Just Having Fun
I would like to thank all who were involved in creating what I consider to be the most compatible and versatile N64 emulator you can find! You guys are amazing. As for issues, all three games below freeze if you use "Sync game to Audio".

NBA Jam 99 (U)
NBA Jam 2000 (U)
NBA Showtime - NBA on NBC (U)

Not sure if that fits here. Sorry if it doesn't.

Last edited:

Blacklord

Banned
EmuNoviceUser said:
I would like to thank all who were involved in creating what I consider to be the most compatible and versatile N64 emulator you can find! You guys are amazing. As for issues, all three games below freeze if you use "Sync game to Audio".

NBA Jam 99 (U)
NBA Jam 2000 (U)
NBA Showtime - NBA on NBC (U)

Not sure if that fits here. Sorry if it doesn't.

The RDB is the place where u report the problems u encounter in PJ64. So for ur first post u did good.

Blacklord

Banned
Nathanew said:
Paper Mario Crash without cheat. It seems that when you have the hammer badge he dosen't love it (Project 64)
What plugins are u using? You could try to use Sync Game to Audio(works in such cases from all i know)

Nathanew

In paper Mario (U)!, the first battle with Bowser at the beginning, disable the Hp cheat because you will be stuck in a loop and you MUST BE BEATED by Bowser

BTW, the European version dosen't work properly