What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

SeymourOmnis

The field in Fifa 98: Road to World Cup looks partly blue. With Rice 6.11 I can fix this but the game runs very slow. What should I do?

specs:
P4 3.2
Radeon 9000 IGP
192 MB RAM

Miretank

Lurking
The field in Fifa 98: Road to World Cup looks partly blue. With Rice 6.11 I can fix this but the game runs very slow. What should I do?

specs:
P4 3.2
Radeon 9000 IGP
192 MB RAM
Video card issue, try updating/changing your drivers and and/or use Jabo 1.5.2. You may also want to try to change Direct 3D values on Jabo's Video Plugin.

Fr0

Resident Evil, corrupted sound files. Sometimes I get no sound, sometimes its' horrible screeching. When loading options menu get the below SS;
SSRE2.jpg

Also, when the game loads does not adjust to proper resolution despite the level I set it to, as observed below;

ResidentEvil2Usnap0000.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Fr0

Clements

Minor RDB Updates/Suggestions:

1080 Snowboarding:
> [video] framebuffer:screen (see GameFAQ)

Banjo-Kazooie:
[video] framebuffer:jigsaw > [video] framebuffer:jigsaw (see GameFAQ)

Beetle Adventure Racing/HSV Adventure Racing:
[video] errors:cars > [video] errors:various (see GameFAQ)

Conker's Bad Fur Day:
Core note: (see GameFAQ)
[video] errors:various (see GameFAQ)

Donkey Kong 64:
> [video] (see GameFAQ)
(Additional video note: Banana ports should be transparent before they are activated)

Hydro Thunder:
> [video] (see GameFAQ)

Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards:
Core note: (see GameFAQ)
[video] errors:health_bar,misc. > [video] (see GameFAQ)
(Health bar is not a video issue)

Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask:
> [video] errors:day transistion (see GameFAQ)

Perfect Dark:
> [video] errors:various

Quest 64/Holy Magic Century/Eltale Monsters:
[video] errors:speech_bubble_text > [video] errors:text (see GameFAQ)

Tsumi to Batsu - Chikyuu no Keishousha:
> [video] errors:static in cutscenes > [video] errors:static in cutscenes (see GameFAQ)

Last edited:

Seiryou

theres a bug at the beginning of majoras mask where the black screen with masks flying of the screen are just some lines and no 3d models (its a bug since i own the original game )

Typify

Nolife
One of the attacks that the final boss of Mega Man 64 uses, makes an graphics error message pop up. You can still finish the game as the boss doesn't use that attack all the time and there is just one or two error messages that you can easily click it away per one attack.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Seiryou said:
theres a bug at the beginning of majoras mask where the black screen with masks flying of the screen are just some lines and no 3d models (its a bug since i own the original game )

pic please :)

Typify said:
One of the attacks that the final boss of Mega Man 64 uses, makes an graphics error message pop up. You can still finish the game as the boss doesn't use that attack all the time and there is just one or two error messages that you can easily click it away per one attack.

interesting. could we have a state please? :)

Clements,
thanks i'll go for another round of updates for 1.6 after i get back.
hopefully we can get some actual fixes in there aswell as improved browser info. i need to read over many pages of this thread, thanks all.

Nathanew said:
I check yesterday with a Original Majora's mask's Video and two image suppose to happen (the one with the giant and the other one) and in place it show in the emulated game a ''snapshot'' of the game (like link climbing the step of the inn or something like that). In clear, the image of the anju's granny's story dosen't appear properly.

Other thing, when it show the location, the letter of the location should ''unroll'' (letter by letter)

Video Issue (Jasbo)

can anyone provide more info on this, (where in the game and what it should look like) i'm having trouble understanding sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

Typify

Nolife
Smiff said:
interesting. could we have a state please? :)

Yeah, I'll upload it to this message soon.

EDIT: There you go. He fires black circles (which are most likely causing the errors) before doing the actual attack. Sorry about the file size I was too tired to compress it.

EDIT2: Found something else too, from a different game though. You seem to get teleported to Marrow Gates at random intervals when you're swimming underwater in Shadow Man. I have no idea why, but am 99% sure this shouldn't happen. It makes the game nearly unplayable.

EDIT3: Another thing I found, is that when you jump on Pyro Guys in Paper Mario, you get an error message similar to the one in Mega Man 64. I put a save state up for this too.

Last edited:

LReyome27

Proud Nintendo FANBOY
Typify said:
EDIT3: Another thing I found, is that when you jump on Pyro Guys in Paper Mario, you get an error message similar to the one in Mega Man 64. I put a save state up for this too.

I didnt get that error, but that may have been because I elected to use the hammer on them instead.:teehee:

Skull_Kid

The pickups (weapons and ammo) in Perfect Darks combat simulator should be flashing neon (its blue for me) when the highlight pickups option is turned on (Player Options > Player Setup) similar to what Clements posted for the Mauler and characters, only those don't flash when they are the team color. They stay the solid neon color the whole time. All of these graphical problems are related and probably all the same effect, and heres how they work in the rom in comparison to how they should work in the normal game with the options turned on...

Weapons and Ammo: These should be flashing the highlighted color on and off. In the rom the word ammo on the ammo boxes flashes the blue neon color and the weapons dont flash at all. In the normal game the whole ammo box and all the weapon pickups are flashing this neon blue color.

Characters: These (your character and the bots) can either be the same flashing neon blue as the ammo or a constant non flashing color of the team you put them on in the match setup screen. If highlight players is on while highlight teams is off, then they are the flashing neon blue. If highlight teams is on, they are the team color (if both options are on then they are still just the team color). In the rom the bots are only highlighted when they are killed, and the highlight only appears for a few seconds when they fall to the ground dead. In the normal game they are always this color, and they die while still highlighted (or flashing the neon blue).

Heres a picture of a highted character from the rom.

attachment.php

And in Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 the game skips (video and music lag for a split second) at rantom times and it consistantly does it during the opening. I think its a Project 64 problem and not a graphics plugin problem though. Also it probably isn't my settings because I have a really good gaming comp.

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Blacklord said:
U know even if you don't plan to fix it the "need info please" is annoying.

excuse me? "need info please" is a request to users to tell us what it should look like so we have a chance of fixing it. if you really find this annoying, feel free to not use pj64 or something?

Typify said:
In 1080 Snowboarding, whenever you finish a match race or retire during a match, you get a glitched blur effect, which can be fixed by using 'Copy framebuffer to RDRAM'.

One more thing: Bomberman Hero gets stuck every time when entering the second bonus level.

Anyone else confirm these 2 please?

Bighead said:
- Madden NFL 2000 and Madden NFL 2001 have a funky framerate. A counter factor of 1 makes em run smoother.

this applies to Madden NFL 99 and 2002 aswell?
great info in your post btw thanks

Milkrosoft said:
I am not sure if I am doing this right but I guess I will try. In Jet Force Gemini (U) [!] I am getting a couple minor errors. I can provide save states or native saves if needed.

1) On the multiplayer character select screen only three icons are used to display the different characters. I can play using each character, I am just not able to tell which character I have selected due this problem.
JFG-error2.jpg

2) On the map screen, no matter which character I am currently using, Vela's icon is always in the bottom left corner.
JFG-error.jpg

having trouble following this, can anyone else confirm and give more info please?

Last edited by a moderator:

Clements

Smiff said:
having trouble following this, can anyone else confirm and give more info please?

The icons are wrong. This problem happens with all the plugins/emulators I've tried. Glide64 even hangs 1964/PJ64 at the first screenshot.

1st Screenshot: In multiplayer, when changing your player, the square logo thing rotates to show different logos and character names. However, the logo displayed for each character is the same, and the name is always Vela. On my save file it also has the Jet Pack Lupus logo as well (even though I have not even reached Lupus.) In the real game, Juno, Vela and Lupus have different logos.

2nd Screenshot: Shows Lupus' Logo but states the character as being Vela.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
cool, that's just the kind of thing Jabo likes fixing. when hes in a fixing games kinda mood. thanks Clements.

Skull_Kid

Oh and there are still bad sky rendering problems in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark in Jabo's plugin, where the sky doesn't load right on a bunch of levels. Also both games lag pretty bad whenver you switch weapons regardless of your computer specs, and this wasn't in the originals. I really don't get why these bugs haven't been fixed by now really, since these problems are pretty big and noticeable and in really popular games.

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Skull_Kid said:
Oh and there are still bad sky rendering problems in Goldeneye and Perfect Dark in Jabo's plugin, where the sky doesn't load right on a bunch of levels. Also both games lag pretty bad whenver you switch weapons regardless of your computer specs, and this wasn't in the originals. I really don't get why these bugs haven't been fixed by now really, since these problems are pretty big and noticeable and in really popular games.
because they're f$^$ing hard to fix. Zilmar is working on the 2nd thing now, i hope to see something better in next .exe build.

Also in Perfect Dark when manually aiming with either the L or R buttons, there is supposed to be a green line on each side of the aiming rectacle, one going up, one going down, one going left, and one going right. In the rom, whenever you go into this manual aiming mode and aim straight up or to the left of the screen, the green line splits into three and becomes blurred. Im not sure if this is in the original or not (can't check right now), but it doesn't look like it is.
ok thanks another PD vid issue thanks

going to put out 1.6.016 soon, if anyone has other points please make them this weekend.

Code:
Donkey Kong 64		3	Changed CF2>1, smoother. please report any new issues!
Re-Volt			2	Added hang workaround info to GameFAQ.
Ms PacMan Maze Madness	1	Changed CF1>2, should be more stable.
WCW Nitro		1	Changed CF2>3 for more correct speed (thanks Bighead)
Madden NFL 2000		1 	Changed CF2>1, smoother. Corrected GoodName		
Madden NFL 2001		1	Changed CF2>1, smoother.
Madden 99/2002?
Getter Love !!...	1	Added note about missing face textures
Forsaken		3	Added note about timing
OoT:MQ Debug Ver	1	Corrected GoodName (hopefully)

+ lots of small clements things

Last edited:

Skull_Kid

Err... Ignore that thing about the aiming. Turns out that was just my friends crappy graphics card. The highlighting thing, the sky, and the lag when switching guns are real problems though. I just hope the highlight options problem and the lag are easier to fix than the sky seems to be, and that the next release makes my Perfect Dark games lag free. :)

Last edited:

Typify

Nolife
Not sure at all if this is the right place to post this, but I've found some saving problems with the default Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6:

- Donkey Kong 64 doesn't save at all. Well, the game saves when you do so but if you quit and start playing again your save is not there, but the unlocked arenas and such can still be selected.

- Paper Mario. If you save normally, it saves in all 4 ingame slots even though it should only save in one. (Which increases the size of the save drastically)

- Glover doesn't save at all.

- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. When you unlock the hidden character 'Officer Dick', you get to choose him as a player but his name won't show up in the cheats-menu where it should.

I'm not 100% sure of any of these, and confirmation sure could be used. >_>

Last edited: