What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

da1writer

Naah, I just know how to manage my money well, some here, some there (Plus i'm in the military). Anyway, Found another bug, can't determine if this is the emulator or the game itself but i will look further into it tonight.
After play Wonder Project J2 (which happens to not have any codes for some reason...) has a screen bug after you see the screen with the stars in the beginning. If you don't keep pressing buttons, the game will just freeze right after the night screen. Also, when Josette or some of the other characters in the game speak, their mouths look... funny...

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
da1writer said:
Sound Card: AC97 5.1 Dobly Surround Card
:whistling But apparently your money ran out at this option :D

BTW: This thread is gettin a bit Off-Topic :spam:

da1writer

Also in Tony Hawk 3 (U), there is some bottom screen clippage (i can see under the games road sometimes) with the default plugin. Can be fixed by switching to Glide64.

ODT is playable but not verified in goodn64... considered as bad? Can we have an updated RDB to fix?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Speedfreak69 said:
A
Army Men - Air Combat (U) [!] in two player - four player mode or from level 2 onwards the missile is glitchy (the bottom picture is how it is supposed to look)

can we please have a state for this? yeah it may not be far but i dont play games :p

Discombobulator

problem

Hello, this will be my first post, but I have checked around and read up a bit so I think this is where I should report this. If not, I'll find out where or you guys could just tell me where.

I am having a few problems with the game Pokemon Snap. Although you guys have fixed most of the problems allowing the game to be playable, I ran into some walls recently.

I'm pretty far into the game, and there's a few things I can't do.

1. The game doesn't recognize pictures of signs, disabling me from reaching the last level

2. The game isn't allowing me to acquire starmie, which is gotten by taking pictures of three staryus that you pass by in the river level. The staryus seem to have no reaction to my taking a picture of them. They're supposed to have some reaction in their gem, and start circling overhead of me.

3. The game isn't allowing me to acquare dugtrio, kind of in the same way of starmie. I'm supposed to take pictures of digdug until he goes underground and comes up with a dugtrio. So, similarly, my pictures seem to have no affect on the digdug.

I know this is a bit nit-picky, but I kinda want to finish the game, and without being able to take pictures of signs, I am unable to do so.

Also note that I have successfully acquired pictures of 60 of the 63 pokemon, so that means I can't take pictures of starmie, digdug, and the 63rd is Mew. I'm assuming I can photograph Mew, so none of the other pokemon need to be taken into consideration. I also have save states and the in-game save if anyone wants/needs it.

Thanks!!!

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
new RDB posted here
news here.
sorry about the delay
thanks

sorry people will need to update their links
because of the way VB works now, if you want a permanent link to this thread use: www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=27562
- don't just copy the thread address because it gets broken when i edit the thread.

and permanent link for RDB download should be
http://www.pj64.net/main/download/func,select/id,7/
please refer people to that page NOT the direct file or copy of file so that we can update and give instructions!).

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Smiff said:
new RDB posted here
news here.
sorry about the delay
thanks

sorry people will need to update their links
because of the way VB works now, if you want a permanent link to this thread use: www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=27562
- don't just copy the thread address because it gets broken when i edit the thread.

and permanent link for RDB download should be
http://www.pj64.net/main/download/func,select/id,7/
please refer people to that page NOT the direct file or copy of file so that we can update and give instructions!).
Mmh... would like to download but the PJ64 site is down...
Why not having 2 places to download, the ET one (like before) and on PJ64? Would be better in my opinion!

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
no, i have enough work as it is, the site is down for half an hour in a week and martin is looking at it.
alright site is back before i could finish typing that but may be down a bit more as somethings not right, if it is just try a bit later pls.

Last edited:

MarkC

Turok - Rage Wars (U) has bad GoodName in the RDB

In the recent RDB file (v16014), Turok - Rage Wars (U) has a bad GoodName value.

It reads:
[ADB9498B-DAF28F55-C:45]
Good Name=U)
Internal Name=Turok: Rage Wars

Should probably read:
[ADB9498B-DAF28F55-C:45]
Good Name=Turok - Rage Wars (U)
Internal Name=Turok: Rage Wars

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
crap.. well spotted, will post a new file soon. anything else like that, lemme know! :)

crocomire

Norfair Ruler!
F-ZERO X (U) have a save problem in this RDB Wip... After close the game your save are clear...:plain:

Last edited:
OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
da1writer said:
Duck Dodgers (U). Too many graphical glitches like black items on certain characters and sometimes items disapear/reappear with default plugin. Everything gets fixed (almost) with the same plugin for the other game mentioned above. Also, there is one issue i should bring up with Duck Dodgers(U)... why is that during the movie sequences the subtitles are either too fast or the voices are too fast... is anyone else experiencing this same issue?

could you please give more info on the graphics issues?
also any info for Disney's Donald Duck - Goin Quackers (i think is diff game also?)

Discombobulator,
thanks could you provide those states please

Last edited by a moderator:

xamenus

For Zelda Master Quest in the GameFAQ, you might want to mention that you have to use winfy's cheat code to fix the crash at the ending...

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
alright done 1.6.015, fixed the things reported so far.. keep those reports coming please.

IceFox, you shouldn't need to apply any code in pj64, are you saying that because you have a rom that crashes there, or just because you think it will be needed? what's your ROM CRC/md5 please?

Last edited:

xamenus

Smiff said:
alright done 1.6.015, fixed the things reported so far.. keep those reports coming please.

IceFox, you shouldn't need to apply any code in pj64, are you saying that because you have a rom that crashes there, or just because you think it will be needed? what's your ROM CRC/md5 please?
Because I think it will be needed. But actually, I haven't played through Master Quest to the end before, but I have heard that it crashes somewhere at the end of the game. Winfy's cheat code, which is included in the cht file, fixes it.

This crash occurs all all versions of Master Quest AFAIK, even the [!] dump.

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
nope, the 5 (i think) known Master Quest roms are all fixed permanently in the RDB, no need to for user to do anything i think..

xamenus

Smiff said:
nope, the 5 (i think) known Master Quest roms are all fixed permanently in the RDB, no need to for user to do anything i think..
Oh, OK then, I didn't know that, sorry. :) The PJ cheat team should remove Winfy's cheat from the next official update then. ;)

da1writer

Smiff said:
could you please give more info on the graphics issues?
also any info for Disney's Donald Duck - Goin Quackers (i think is diff game also?)
Well Donald Duck: Going Crackers (U) does not have any problems whatsoever it seems after downloading updates to PJ64 (you should know smiff).
Here are some screen shots Of Duck Dodgers. The additional problems are when the characters speak in the video sequences, the subtitles or their voices go way too fast.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
IceFox said:
Oh, OK then, I didn't know that, sorry. :) The PJ cheat team should remove Winfy's cheat from the next official update then. ;)

It is :plain: there is no Such Cheat in project64 1.6 Cheat File :)

xamenus

Gent said:
It is :plain: there is no Such Cheat in project64 1.6 Cheat File :)
No, winfy's code is indeed still there. I don't know what to tell you. :/

Or am I just missing an updated cheat file? I'm using the 1.6 Official Project64.cht, 1st April 2005.