question about input in next release

Lemmy

Probably not. Right now I have five kinds of plugins:

1.) Video
2.) Audio
3.) Input
4.) Kaillera
5.) ToolPlugins

Only the ToolPlugins spec will be open. It allows people to add optional features, for example (but not limited to):

- cheating
- debuggers
- configuration tools.

Basically you add the .dll to the nemu folder and it will add new menu entries.

My own debugger is "just" a .dll, so I know those specs are powerful enough to all kind of neat stuff, probably things I didn't even think about.

About the input plugin I don't know yet. Right now it looks pretty similar to the last version, except for autoconfigure and modifiers. Will maybe change, maybe not. We'll see.

I have a personal deadline for the release date of the project so I'll see how much I can get done.

Better don't ask when the deadline will be :)

Remote

I would rather, it may be prohibitated, get a fast rundown of what we can expect from the audio plugin...

Remote

flow`` said:

my best guess would have to be sound.. :)

Well, I kind of expected that someone would say that, I guess I had it coming, and my male intuition is telling me that graphics quality is not an issue. Lemmy said in his newspost that LaC had got some unemulated effects working, perhaps they do not want to spoil the surprise.

yogaman

Banned
hmmm ....just to get this straight: Lemmy's doing the general coding stuff, right? And the gfx too - isn't he? LaC is responsible for the Audio ....

is that correct?

Remote

Ruesselschnurps said:

=unemulated Audio Stuff ,not Graphic ! (but maybe im wrong (again :D ))

I was, still am, refering to the audio plugin so of course it is audio stuff I am talking about. Eventhough this thread started with input it has moved in a much more interesting direction, i.e audio and graphics.

Ruesselschnurps

The Mad Wombat
Damm...i should read posts more carefully before i answer..anyway im really excited about the "stuff that was unemulated before" in LaC's audio Plug.....the 20b Plugin was already awesome...in my opinion it offers the best audio quality you can get on any n64 emu...

flow``

flow``
from what i understand..

LaC = core/audio
Lemmy = gfx/gfx debugger

i'm sure they share and help each other with stuff though

Allnatural

This is what' s listed on Nemu's site:

Lemmy- Main coder (to which we can now add VideoHLE)

hwnd- VideoHLE (no longer on the team)

LaC- AudioHLE, Pif emulation, mempack/eeprom support

EmuManiac- Alpha tester

Eddy

I Run This
Lemmy, i want to say that, wow the toolplugins system is killer! sounds cool! i love the idea! will we be able to manipulate some aspects of nemu along with it ?

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
As far as GFX Goes, Will You be able to dump textures? Will you be able to be compatble with Video Cards Like Jabo's? Direct 3D, RGB or Refence rasterizer or all? All Microcodes are will be Supported? CPU: All Opcodes will be supported? Will You have fast CPU Emulation? Wll Flash RAM Be supported? ;) Audio: MP3 Emulation? HLE as well? Buffer will be improved for Lower class CPUs?
Sorry for the questions... just Like nemu alittle too much... :blush:

gokuss4

Meh...
cant wait for nemu 0.8 take yur time guys for it to be the greatest emu heres is the german version

schräg Wartezeit für nemu 0,8 Nehmen yur Zeit Halteseil für es zu sein d groß emu heres sein d deutsch Version

;) ;) :) :alien:

Last edited: