What's new

Proud to announce the launch of the new ChankastEx Website

Trotterwatch

He never said 'Sticky the topic', he said 'Stick to the topic' which is something neither me or you are doing :p

/Now lets stick to the topic, lol

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
Wow, so much debate over four words! Looks like I need to clarify a bit better what I want to say.

/I'll remove this post later.
Were you refering to my post? If yes, I do not see it break any of the board's rules, therefore I'm a bit puzzled.

On Topic: The Chankex version seems to be a bit faster at some places and slower at others than the original. However, none of the following games have improved compatibility (ie. they do not crash less often):
Skies Of Arcadia, Shenmue I and II (no music, just a repetetive sound).

OP
-=TRICKSTAR=-

-=TRICKSTAR=-

Banned
LMAO Dark mits you funny as hell..

Looks like I need to clarify a bit better what I want to say.....
.....have improved compatibility (ie. they do not crash less often):

funny man, just funny!
In truth the cdrom plugin still experiences exacley the same problems as before however it tells you less often about them! thats all. =]

will changing it into a plugin loose any improvements you had in mind for the project?

90% of mods are already in-mem patches so no loss of control from this method.
When we started we needed a 'general plugin' interface that allow us i/face directly with chankast there was none and ended up adding it into chankast ourselves. Thats what got folks mad. :unsure:

The joy plugin method just seems 'cleaner' if a little more ,erm,fiddly

Fornicator

I've never posted here before, but I'm doing so now so I can thank you Trickster (along with your team) for picking up where others left off. I didn't bother coming to the site any more due to the fact that the project seemed dead in the water. We all owe you a HUGE ammount of appreciation. Lets face it...to this day the Dreamcast still is the best console ever created, and so deserving of the work that everyone, including the Chanka team has put in on this project. Don't let the naysayers deter you. My friends amd I thank you so much, and can't wait for the next release. Awesome job man.

OP
-=TRICKSTAR=-

-=TRICKSTAR=-

Banned
I love this new release, it runs faster than .25 did for me. However, I have one question, is there anyway to keep the speed boost activated while you are pressing other keys, because I was playing DOA2 and noticed that everytime I did anything other than move the speed boost would turn back to 5.

For you originally but you werent the only one that asked ;)

You might want to take notice of the (Optional) turbo off button and the keyboard controls.
Also please ignore that 'One pad only' text. The new version will support both pads and using different buttons. I know cos i just finished it! :p

ChankEx :: View topic - Turbo function

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Greay news? But is this emulator just for the noted games on the home page or is this emulator ment for all DC games?
The emulator is Chankast with a number of improvements for certain games. Of course it also plays the same games that Chankast does.

feartetsuo

This is just a "What If" question, but what would happen if the Dev's of Chankast came back for some strange reason and were pissed at what the ChanakstEX team is doing? Could they make the ChankastEx team stop improving on their version of the original emulator or could the ChankastEx team continue even if Chankast had a problem with it?

Just asking cause this emulator seems promsing and it would be a shame if that did happen.

Last edited:
OP
-=TRICKSTAR=-

-=TRICKSTAR=-

Banned
This is just a "What If" question, but what would happen if the Dev's of Chankast came back for some strange reason and were pissed at that the ChanakstEX team is doing? Could they make the ChankastEx team stop improving on their version of the original emulator or could the ChankastEx team continue even if Chankast had a problem with it?

Just asking cause this emulator seems promsing and it would be a shame if that did happen.

Chankast is totally killable, but only by the original devs.
If they asked us to stop we would stop.

An added get out clause for the original authors is the new plugin version thats about to be released will not work on anything other than the offical chankast 0.25 alpha.

If the original devs. release Chankast 0.26 or something ChankEx is dead in the water. But i doubt any of us will care about ChankEx if that happens!
Us included! :)

Last edited:

R0YB0T

Awesome work. I think we all wanted that Ikaruga fix so bad for so long.

Any chance for a Bangai-O fix? The N64 game just doesn't compare IMO.

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
If the original devs. release Chankast 0.26 or something ChankEx is dead in the water. But i doubt any of us will care about ChankEx if that happens!
Us included!

My diabolical mind thinks:
The Chankast devs see this post and say: "Yeah, let's release 0.26 which will be the exact same 0.25, but with just an updated version number!"
I shudder thinking that.

Any news regarding Skies Of Arcadia? Along with Ikaruga and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Skies is among the most-wanted games to be fixed. Most-wanted... I'll go play Need For Speed - Most Wanted now.

feartetsuo

Ahh so it coul be stopped, but could the chankast team take legal action against you guy's?

Meh....I tried out your emulator and it loaded great the very first I played it. I tried out MvC2 and only had a few minor sound problems. :)

OP
-=TRICKSTAR=-

-=TRICKSTAR=-

Banned
The Chankast devs see this post and say: "Yeah, let's release 0.26 which will be the exact same 0.25, but with just an updated version number!"
I shudder thinking that.
ChankEx isnt that dumb. Trust me ;)
they would not need to fake a release,
ALL OUR CODE ARE BELONG TO THEM!

could the chankast team take legal action against you guy's?
Dont think so as there are no regulations with regard to what a plugin is allowed to due in the docs. we found our loophole and dived right in.
|=].:unsure:.:( | Snug! :D

Last edited:
OP
-=TRICKSTAR=-

-=TRICKSTAR=-

Banned
Bump! New version 1.4.7 is out.

Chankast EX Version 1.4.7
- Now a joystick wrapper
- Speed controls extended to k/b and 2nd joypad
- Optional turbo off key
- Rewritten windows sizing code
- More GamesEx friendly.
- No cd-errors option extended to aspi plugin.
- Ikarura Fix now zero impact.
- Saves settings on exit.
- Start fullscreen for better sound sync.
- Fps Limiting has less impact on overall speed.
Available at ChankEx website

Last edited: