What's new

Proud to announce the launch of the new ChankastEx Website

jessman(reborn)

EmuTalk's Own L'istigatore
Man, Trickstar...It's just strange because my older Desktop PC can handle the trasition fine, but my new laptop has this fullscreen issue. I have a custom AMD Sempron 64 so I really don't believe that it's my pc's fault, unless there's something wrong with one of my drivers. I tried updating my audio drivers but I ended up losing all sound for days until I could figure out how to fix it, lol. I'm sorry for hindering you with my problems, but I really have no one else to talk to about this. Thanks for listening, anyways...

JKKDARK

oh my god, PLEASE can you remove the links to the sites with DC bios? It's illegal. Exactly, just go to the downloads section and click on the text about the bios.

Mouser X

This is pretty cool. I'm glad to see some work continued on Chankast. One thing I'd like to know, though, is about Skies of Arcadia, and sound in Chankast. It's suspected that audio and lockups are related in SoA, but I really can't say if that's true one way or the other. If it is though, a better sound emulation engine might fix it. If you can contact Neill Corrlett, he can provide you with a very impressive DC SPU emulator. He sent the code to the original Chankast team, but they never implemented it. If you go to Neill's site, you can get a preview of the SPU core using his "Highly Theoretical" Winamp plugin. It plays audio files ripped from DC and Saturn games. He's got a full Ikaruga rip and a sample file from SoA available.

Anyway, if you can contact him, I'm sure he'd be willing to donate his code to your cause. Of course, being able to implement that code into your hacks is an entirely different matter. Hopefully you can contact him, and get it working. While not perfect (there's a channel, or something, missing), it's worlds better than what Chankast has right now.

Good luck with this project. Mouser X over and out.

OP
-=TRICKSTAR=-

-=TRICKSTAR=-

Banned
oh my god, PLEASE can you remove the links to the sites with DC bios? It's illegal. Exactly, just go to the downloads section and click on the text about the bios.

Sigh, JKK You know i respect you LOADS mate but shut the heck up, please. :rolleyes:
Why you didnt bring this up privately i dont know........
(do you still have my yahoo id?)

Ill repeat what I told you on the other forum:
I dont link to bios files! I link to 3 seperate search engines to allow users to easily search for an alternative to messing around with cables. I dont give a rats-ass for legalities but in this case we've done NOTHING wrong. get over it.

Meh, Ill speak to PhatC about it maybe we can come to a compromise that doesnt offend. :flowers:
The fact is that anyone using chankast/ChankastEX w/o owning a dc is breaking the law regardless of the origin of there bios.

Last edited:

JKKDARK

Sigh, JKK You know i respect you LOADS mate but shut the heck up, please. :rolleyes:
Why you didnt bring this up privately i dont know........
(do you still have my yahoo id?)

I dont link to bios files! I link to 3 seperate search engines to allow users to easily search for an alternative to messing around with cables. I dont give a rats-ass for legalities but in this case we've done NOTHING wrong. get over it.

Meh, Ill speak to PhatC about it maybe we can come to a compromise that doesnt offend. :flowers:
The fact is that anyone using chankast/ChankastEX w/o owning a dc is breaking the law regardless.

You will not remove it? Nice job. Then I will need to give some screens to a mod/admin (like I did on ngemu, dcemu, generalemu) showing your pirate site ;)

Mouser X

God you dont know when you've won,do you? Changed my mind, the search engine link stay.

I think that says more about your character than mine!

The phrase "Give a f*ck" springs to mind.
Whatever, your loss. :roll eyes:
tara

Just to add my thoughts on the matter:

Nice job reading. So, you can type in English, but you can't read it? Interesting phenomenon... If reading isn't the issue, please explain where the problem is. Mouser X out.

OP
-=TRICKSTAR=-

-=TRICKSTAR=-

Banned
We knew this project would attract critics as well as plaudits. We can live with both.

Last edited:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
dont let people put you off this project man, your doing a great job, keep it up

Dark Mits

Eternal Darkness
People, you need to calm down. The Chankex does not provides bios, it only tells where you can SEARCH (not find). It's the same as this situation:

User1: Where can I find the BIOS?
User2: Google for it! or Search the net or Try finding it on youe own

It's the same thing! In JKKDARK's way of thinking, the second user should be banned for giving info to User1 regarding where they can find it.

Please do not force the mods to close down this thread. It's a very useful one for us DC fans (who cannot create an emulator ourselves). And STICK TO THE TOPIC goddammit! It's a DC emulator, not a BIOS searchng site!

OP
-=TRICKSTAR=-

-=TRICKSTAR=-

Banned
Myself and the other group members have decided to rewrite a small section of the code to make the project into a pad plugin/wrapper. This means that none of chankasts original executable (The exe file)code will need to be hacked.
Should please a few people....

Also I noticed while uploading the dc-bios dumping tut to the web site.

Lik-Sang.com Out of Business due to Multiple Sony Lawsuits
Tue Oct 24 2006 21:58:51 Hong Kong Time - Corporate Info

OUT OF BUSINESS NOTICE

wow, news to me that! :(

Last edited:

diablo2121

teh diAbLo
It's true; they've announced it for a while now. Just another example of how a large corporation can muscle out smaller, well-respected contenders.

By the way, since you are now completely independent, will you be keeping the name ChankastEx?

Last edited:

Miretank

Lurking
The project itself has nothing to do with BIOS links.
I also don't like the idea of showing links to BIOS, but that does not matter to the project itself.

Just my 2 cents.

OP
-=TRICKSTAR=-

-=TRICKSTAR=-

Banned
It's true; they've announced it for a while now. Just another example of how a large corporation can muscle out smaller, well-respected contenders.
true that!

By the way, since you are now completely independent, will you be keeping the name ChankastEx?
independent? not sure where you got that from. I can make the decision to not change the web page simply because it hasnt changed yet. I just do nothing!

The idea of tuning the project into a plugin has been kicking around the group for a while. It was decieded at a 'yahoo confrence'. Im not allow to make such decisions alone. Ive gotten into trouble for it before... . :shrug:

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
will changing it into a plugin loose any improvements you had in mind for the project?

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
People, you need to calm down. The Chankex does not provides bios, it only tells where you can SEARCH (not find). It's the same as this situation:

User1: Where can I find the BIOS?
User2: Google for it! or Search the net or Try finding it on youe own

It's the same thing! In JKKDARK's way of thinking, the second user should be banned for giving info to User1 regarding where they can find it.

Please do not force the mods to close down this thread. It's a very useful one for us DC fans (who cannot create an emulator ourselves). And STICK TO THE TOPIC goddammit! It's a DC emulator, not a BIOS searchng site!

Calm down. mr wannabee, I think moderators of this forum can decided on their own if this mod is worth a Sticky. Because I don't moderate this forum, your only way is to request it by PM to any mod of this forum.

Trotterwatch

Calm down. mr wannabee, I think moderators of this forum can decided on their own if this mod is worth a Sticky. Because I don't moderate this forum, your only way is to request it by PM to any mod of this forum.

I think you have misread the persons post :p Give it another go. I'll quote the relevant part for you
And STICK TO THE TOPIC goddammit!

hehe

/I'll remove this post later.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
I think you have misread the persons post :p Give it another go. I'll quote the relevant part for you

hehe

/I'll remove this post later.

> And STICK TO THE TOPIC goddammit!

I was assuming we could decide ourself whether this thread is worth a sticky, instead of a plain demand.