What's new

Project64 1.6 Language Files

Smiff

Emutalk Member
keep these coming, we hope to repackage pj 1.6 at some point with all these in, so everyone can get easily... although i think it might take more than another week..

emu4ever

talker said:
Damn, you was there before me, but have you done the game FAQ?

nope, i havent done the FAQ, you can do that :icecream: , and yea feel free to look at my norwigian trans if there are any errors :whistling

yours,

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Quick question about the Japanese .lang file, how can I get it to display properly? I have the Japanese language packs installed for Windows XP (came with NJStar software), is there a way to change from English to Japanese in XP?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
here attached is i think all the updated 1.6 language files made after 1.6 release (only the updated files here, any that aren't updated for 1.6 we'll have to continue publishing the old language files :( ), could everyone check them, that they're the latest and best versions, etc. to go out with some official update (we're not sure when or how exactly yet).

edit: oops missed out Lithuanian.
i should really make a list of what we still need updated from v1.5... but there's not much point: if you speak a language and see problems please help us out, we're pretty much all English only.

Last edited:

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
How do I get the Japanese to display correctly with PJ64 1.6? Do I need to change a WinXP setting or two?

Nekokabu

dragon_rider said:
How do I get the Japanese to display correctly with PJ64 1.6? Do I need to change a WinXP setting or two?
PJ64 is using fonts "MS Sans Self".
This fonts cannot display Some Languages(Ex: Japasese).

If you want Japanese to display correctly with PJ64 1.6.
Try this Patch.

its changed fonts "MS Sans Self" to "MS UI Gothic".

!!!!!!!! THIS PATCH IS *UNOFFICIAL* !!!!!!!!
PLEASE USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

BTW: I hope that a fonts section is added in a language file... :S

Last edited:

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Hmm. Well, it didn't work. I double-clicked on FontFix in my PJ64 directory, but the Japanese still doesn't display correctly. But believe me, I like the Japanese language; I think it's awesome (I can speak some basic Japanese, too).

jacker

El Traductor
Translations checked.

Smiff said:
here attached is i think all the updated 1.6 language files made after 1.6 release (only the updated files here, any that aren't updated for 1.6 we'll have to continue publishing the old language files :( ), could everyone check them, that they're the latest and best versions, etc. to go out with some official update (we're not sure when or how exactly yet).

German, Russian and Ukrainian are OK. Those are the latest versions.

Last edited:

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
How the crap am I supposed to get the Japanese .lang file to display correctly?!??? FYI, that Font Fix doesn't work, either.

Clements

Works for me.

Control Panel > Region and Language options.

Change all options to Japanese/Japan.

Clements

I thought that was the point. You can't have Japanese characters in a standard Windows GUI otherwise.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Project64 does not seem to use Unicode, and neither do most of the language packs I believe (you can tell by opening it in a proper unicode text editor - you will see two symbols for every japanese/chinese/complex character that should be there).

This setting will change all your non-unicode programs (that means Project64 and also Notepad) to assume japanese. It worked for me, though it'd be much nicer if PJ supported UTF-8 (hint hint :))

By the way Nekobabu, don't bother with the fonts - I'm using MS Sans Serif in my menus and it works fine. :)

Oh, you shouldn't need NJStar anymore either...

Last edited by a moderator:

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Done and done! Okay, this is a little off topic, but I need to ask you; why doesn't PJ64 display the ROM list? It's been like this for couple months FYI.
(BTW, thanks Clements, now I can play PJ64 in Japanese!)

CWSerek

New Polish language pack

This new Polish translating is to Project64 1.6 (UPDATE 1.2 - 11.07.05). Enjoy.

Last edited:

jacker

El Traductor
Question

I'm going to translate the help files into German and wanted to ask what program is used to compile the help files.

Last edited:

Gameboy5

Is there anybody who can translate to swedish?

there is Norwegan, Dannish and Finnish, its wierd that theres no Swedish Language File.