What's new

PJ64 1.7 is amazing !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

da1writer

Not to bring anything or anyone down but i believe this thread should be closed/ locked. The moderators and Main Administrators of PJ64 should be noted why:

1. I donated, as many others have and anything pertaining to the beta copy of the PJ64 release should be mentioned in the beta forums. There are a few exceptions and Accidents do happen of course but because this thread wasn't locked or closed right away (tsk, tsk, Gent... hey what happened to my No love for 4 games cheat thread?) ,my next points of why it should now comes to play...
Note- One of the Exceptions is this thread: http://www.emutalk.net/project64/29...donations-beta-development-v1-7-now-open.html

2.People are trying their hardest to get information/download of the new beta PJ64. I sense Smiff and the other developers are sweating bullets in giving out information but not too much, something serious may slip out. Slipping out comes to a next point...

3. Someone or a few people may feel bad for the few who haven't donated to get a copy of Beta PJ64 or wish to try it out, which may leak the project out... not a very good thing. Next point will hit the nail on the head...

4.It seems that this thread is actually heading nowhere as a few posts are just saying random s**t that really don't pertain to the subject...

I'm for one not the boss of anyone but I do wonder at times why the moderators leave certain threads open that could lead to constant stabs to their sides (with me being a forum moderator of my own forum, i try to close threads leading to no where or certain destruction of me and my team by releasing information that shouldn't be said at the moment...). Just a thought to any moderator reading this... I beleive, in my opinion :whistling , that this thread should be locked.

Last edited:

zilmar

Emulator Developer
Thank you, da1writer, you have some really good points and this thread is now closed.

I am sure we could delete close any thread we do not like or cause us issues. If this thread was just people asking for the beta I am sure it would have been locked nearly straight away. With someone commenting on the beta they have access to, yes it should be in the beta forum.

The other question is about how much information we should give out. Should we be giving out some, none, or all information? To give all, no way, I try to be a lot more transparent with the people who are really supporting us by donating so they know everything going on, at least as much as possible.

With some information it is hard to know if it should be none or to what level, which is why this thread stayed open for as long as it did. I do not think we know our selves how much info should be given. It is still a community application and for it to look dead to the public I think is a bad thing, but should they have all the details, then I would think no again. Since the next public release is not for a long time, I guess people stay happy getting some info now and again.

I guess the longer we run in this fashion the better we will get to understand what level of information is appropriate and how things should go

Thank you to all the people who do support us.

Status
Not open for further replies.