What's new

PJ64 1.7 is amazing !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBeard

Be nice to see whatever it has new. I swapped to 1964 because the performance of a few games was better for me. And Rice's Plugin's seemed to respond better (I love Jabo's for Majora's Mask, but Rice's plugins emulate everything else so much closer to the actual console - yet on PJ1.6 I'd have Zelda, Conker or Paper Mario locking up on me on rare occassions. And Sin & Punishment was slower than in 1964.

Any ideas for when PJ1.7 will be released? And what's new/being changed since 1.6? I am pretty sure my lack of knowledge of PJ and Plug-ins had more to do with my issues than with the actual emulator. But I've grown used to 1964 now :p. Alwyas willing to check out a newer/faster/better/harder anything ^_^.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
core: 1.7 is noticeably faster at some things like startup/loading, changing plugins and so on, but does not seem faster at running games. the focus is more on fixing game compatibility and timing.

plugins: unlikely that support for non-pixel shader cards will improve, if anything ps will become more important. jabo is not (at least yet) killing support for older cards, though. aim again is improving game compatibility and ui. (both video and input plugins are much more friendly already i think :)

1.7 probably wont be public before 2007, theres just way too much to do. zilmar was talking about releasing a major features list soon, not the emulator :p

Last edited:

MOYcano 0.23

New Zelda's Fan
Smiff said:
unlikely that support for non-pixel shader cards will improve, if anything ps will become more important. jabo is not (at least yet) killing support for older cards, though. aim again is improving game compatibility and ui. (both video and input plugins are much more friendly already i think ... 1.7 probably wont be public before 2007
Sniff… T_T …knowledge is power ¬¬U

Since the compatibility for old cards are going down (respect the new features) I’ll get a respectable video card for the time when that version has been released :blush: .

SALUDOS! :paperbag:

Miretank

Lurking
Smiff said:
plugins: unlikely that support for non-pixel shader cards will improve, if anything ps will become more important. jabo is not (at least yet) killing support for older cards, though. aim again is improving game compatibility and ui. (both video and input plugins are much more friendly already i think
man, you have killed me now.
1.7 probably wont be public before 2007, theres just way too much to do. zilmar was talking about releasing a major features list soon, not the emulator :p
and probably I'll get a better card till 2007 ^^ (although 2007 is a bit way distant..)

but smiff, answer me if you can. :) is jabo working n those games that can't be run because its microcodes (like rogue squadron)? and does jabo plan to release a plugin using OpenGL (since he's coding supporting newer cards)?
Abou the core you've answered to my hopes =) . Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
we are more interested in fixing the remaining issues in existing supported games, than adding new ones. some new ucode is supported already though, e.g. ODT. im not sure how much i'm supposed to say, so i wont go any further for now. basically 1.7 seems to be about polish because jabo has done most of what he wants to see run.

64fanatic

cool

You increased the speed?

So is it fast enough to run off a 350 mhz Pentium 2-MMX? I got 1964 to run full speed on my old cruddy computer, will pj 1.7 be able to equal that/even better?

Toasty

Sony battery
64fanatic said:
You increased the speed?

So is it fast enough to run off a 350 mhz Pentium 2-MMX? I got 1964 to run full speed on my old cruddy computer, will pj 1.7 be able to equal that/even better?
Smiff said:
core: 1.7 is noticeably faster at some things like startup/loading, changing plugins and so on, but does not seem faster at running games. the focus is more on fixing game compatibility and timing.
;)

Trotterwatch

64fanatic said:
You increased the speed?

Sadly I do not think it's going to cater for fossils :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Pentium 2MMX? You're ten years behind current pc technology matey, time to get 1 year behind like the rest of us.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
legend of zelda said:
2007!!??
Wow. That's a long ass time. it'll be worth it though.
Still, you can easily donate $20+ to get access to pj 1.7 and to see how it progresses. It's not a lot sum of money and you help the developers a little.

Fabricio_EX

I'm looking foward to use this PJ64 version. Unfortunately, about the donations, things are getting hard here in Brazil. But I'm doing something that can improve my conditions, so maybe february I will be making my donations to PJ64 team!

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
MOYcano 0.23 said:
I only hope that whatever causes the black floor and black water in the v1.6 version when run Zelda OoT or MM in my machine (Geforce4MX 4000) will be fixed in the v1.7 …ah, also I'll be waiting for the Hi-Res support, of course.

SALUDOS!

In the past, I noticed black objects, too with Jabo's GFX plugin 1.5 when still using a GeForce 2 MX. It appears that Jabo's GFX plugin 1.5 and probably 1.6 always fails to render some 3D objects with a GeForce 2 MX and probably GeForce 4 MX. This bug don't effect Radeon video cards, because all of the 3D objects looked fine with a Radeon 7000. Jabo's GFX plugin 1.5 and probably 1.6 appeared to have broken GeForce 2 MX and probably GeForce 4 MX support, even when pixel shader support isn't required.

64fanatic

ScottJC said:
Pentium 2MMX? You're ten years behind current pc technology matey, time to get 1 year behind like the rest of us.

Oh hell no, I wouldn't be caught dead using that as my main computer, my sister likes n64, so i got 1964 running for her, that was my old comp. I got a new one 3 years ago:

Athlon 2500+ 2.0 Ghz
1256 MB of ram
Nvidia 5500 FX 128 Meg
72.2 GB hardrive (supposed to be 80 >< )

I've only added ram, it came with 256, so its a pretty good comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.