What's new

PC/emu/game compatibility. post here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chosker

I accidentally got in-game on Smash Bros and after messing with it I found out how to do it

if you just try it it will hang after you select a character (to me the emulation froze but the emu didn't, then the emu window started shaking)

so here's how to get it working:
- put cpu is in dynarec (will work faster)
- load the game
- go to options
- select the 4th item (the japanese text) and press X, press left and then press X, the game menu will change to japanese
- press X (you'll enter the Language menu) press right, press X, the game menu will change to english again
- get out of options and go play whatever you want

note that the game may hang at whatever moment, but at least you can get in-game

jbguy2k

That guy with the hair
XP problem

Unfortunately for me, when I was playing Crazy Taxi, the program restarted my computer when not even 15 secs. into the menu, but it was going at quite a speed considering my cheap arse computer. Anybody got an idea why this happened? I'm thinking the iso is a bad rip, or program may have a dangerous bug that only affects Windows XP.

CubaX

Just tested Darkened eyes and I got ingame, and, erm, yeah, I can play (beat the bad monsters!!). The speed is very slow though BUT if move the camera and make it show the character and the ground only the speed is completly correct !
I'm amazed by this emulator !

Tested Dragon's lair 3D too, but it doesnt pass the startup screen.

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
Hi guys, new user here.

My addition to the Compatibility List:

Athlon XP 2100+
512mb DDR
Radeon 9200SE

Super Mario Sunshine : Intro is very fuzzy with strange stuff scrolling extremely fast. In game, Everything is displayed in black, with a couple of effects and text in white. Menu is fine, with a black instead of blue background. Run on interpreter & dynarec seperately, same thing.

Bust-a-move 3000 : As with everyone else, runs perfectly, albeit 110-130fps. But usually 60-70.

FFCC : No go. Does not boot up Nintendo logo.

Ikaruga : Crashes after the game is loaded, when you begin shooting.

dosmaen

Please post the country code(you can find it when choosing a game) next to the game you are writing about. Also, if anyone could try out pikmin, that would be awesome.

IJTF_Cinder

Tested Megaman Network Transmission (U), game id = GREE

Emulator must be in Interpreter mode, Dynarec just doesn't work at all.

Shows a garbled menu, and once you get past that you can see the Capcom logo and the Arika logo. Then everything just comes to a halt.

Screenshots:

Screenshot #1
Screenshot #2
Screenshot #3

Hope this is of some help at all, and keep up the AWESOME work guys!

Last edited:

Mizugori

i have gotten crazi taxi, ikaruga, bust-a-move 3000, and 18 wheeler to work, a few others "work" in that they show like the nintendo logo or a loading screen, but no more

cant wait to try them all again when next release comes :) im hoping for even minor mario party 4 and 5 compatibility :)

senormojo

I just tested wario ware, or made in wario as is it is called in the start menu.
the game run between 15 and 20 frames.as soon as i get this pic thing figured ill post some pics.

eMuiNEM

Zelda and Double Dash

I got Zelda to play the best so far.. with 38 FPS

other games and results

Zelda Windtalker = starts out with 320FPS then creeps to about 38FPS ( i stand corrected it crawled right after i posted this) and FSP went to all time low of 8 :(

Mario Kart Double Dash = glitch like author/staff says

Mario Party 5 = nothing ( crash)

and for the guy that says others have better boxes got lesser results.. I've looked in this forum didn't see too many guys with P4 3.0ghz wit HT wit 2gigs of DDR mem, especially not yours :)

Last edited:

br0w4r

SOLDIER First Class
eMuiNEM said:
I got Zelda to play the best so far.. with 38 FPS

other games and results

Zelda Windtalker = starts out with 320FPS then creeps to about 38FPS till i set sail in the ocean then its down to 12FPS and up to 38FPS when i hit land..

Could you post some screens of zelda on the ship and other islands. And how did you manage to achieve so high framerate? :)

ZDragon

I'd say that with your hardware, 38 FPS is impossible, Emuinem... others with better specs don't even get half of that.

nzignific

bLAdEbLA said:
Poor nzignific!! The B@$tard ripped it directly from you!! How on earth did you find it anyway?

I saw traffic on my webserver from that site (I posted links to screenshots in that message). I guess it's allright to spread information but it would've been nicer if he just posted a link to this thread.

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
ZDragon said:
Simply rename the screenshots on your server and in your post.

Good idea. Or post on the boards, explaining that it was a blatant rip. If you can speak Chinese.

Igorbds

I've tried some games on my GeForce4 420 go

Bust-a-Move - works perfect and at full speed.

Zelda-WW - works well, with a lot of blackness under the characters, very slow, at about 4fps on the island, but inside the houses it runs very well 15fps, if you look in first person inside the houses the textures get almost perfect.

xdaniel_FWB

Living RCP Hungup
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle PAL: ok until actual gameplay. Memcard error and company logos almost full speed, 3D intro sequence ~2-3 FPS, menus ~30-40 FPS, in-game ~3-5 FPS. Problems: the game engine behaves quite weird... camera going crazy (even more than sometimes on the real console ;)), sometimes "bad polys" on screen (parts of Sonic, other object or the scenery stretched to the edge of the screen) etc. Sometimes that behavior even results in completly dissappearing scenery or Sonic leaving the scenery or... such weird stuff... (see Screenshot thread for one example)

Last edited:

dot|hack

Flash designer
xdaniel_FWB said:
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle PAL: ok until actual gameplay. Memcard error and company logos almost full speed, 3D intro sequence ~2-3 FPS, menus ~30-40 FPS, in-game ~3-5 FPS. Problems: the game engine behaves quite weird... camera going crazy (even more than sometimes on the real console ;)), sometimes "bad polys" on screen (parts of Sonic, other object or the scenery stretched to the edge of the screen) etc. Sometimes that behavior even results in completly dissappearing scenery or Sonic leaving the scenery or... such weird stuff... (see Screenshot thread for one example)
Hey do you think you can snape some ingame pics please?

Status
Not open for further replies.