What's new

PC/emu/game compatibility. post here

Status
Not open for further replies.

jareg

Just A Guy
V99 said:
hmmm ok get me some beer, and give the Dolphin team $1,000,000,000 and they might work some what faster :bouncy:

The Dolphin team will not accept any donations

Ferramenta

"Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds" works.

FPS: About 2 fps (movies and menu)
Works till: "New Game" is selected in the menu. It would go further but the error messages make it impossible to select "Continue without saving".

jareg

Just A Guy
Ok now a game

Capcom vs SNK 2: EO:Boots in both interpreter or Dynarec but too fast and lots of flickering so much of it that i cant make any shots :( (But with Gcube it doesnt flicker at all so go look into the misc GC emulation section :) )
But well it reaches menu and when you press start it crashes

Telemako

I tested Naruto 2, and it looks nice. Is shows "slowly" the demo battles with very very nice graphics, and you can play slowly too, I didn't try to get too far, I'll do it and report.

One question: Is emulation really improved with the DirectX 9c ?
I ask because I haven't installed it and I don't want to feel stupid if I install it and things get worst.

Thanks for answering

DirectX 9b vs DirectX 9c doesn't show much difference ... sometimes b is a little better and sometimes b is a little worse ... and i do mean "little".

however, ATI and Nvidia and other companies will make video card drivers optimized for the latest DirectX so the difference between them could get greater and greater as they can take advantage of whatever differences there are between them.

also, there has to be some bug fixes and security features that make it worth it. i would use DirectX 9c and not expect a big difference.

xero9009

Major problem

I am having some trouble with the emulator. It seems whenever I try to play a supposed compatibe game with Dolphin (actually boots and runs) it changes the resolution (which I do not want to happen) to 640x480, changes the colors to 16bit, messes everything up completely, and my comp freezes (with Bust-a-Move 3000 after I made it to continue anyway without a memory card).

The games I tried were Bust-a-Move 3000 (G3SE) (shrunked and 1.4GB versions both tested) and Super Smash Bros. Melee (GALE) (1.4GB version). Both of them crashed and messed everything up. Luigi's Mansion was another supposed compatible game; but it never got passed the Nintendo logo (it didn't mess up my computer, which was good).

I no idea what is wrong... do I need to put in a proper setting?

Comp Stats:
Intel(R)
Celeron(R) CPU 2.50Ghz
504MB of RAM

Graphic Drive:
Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller

A reply will be very much appreciated, as I am despairing about this...
Thanks in advanced...

(BTW here's a shot of SSMB when I stopped emulation (attached image)

Last edited:
i'd just like to point out the fact that you said Luigi's Mansion is supposed to work and yet even the picture you posted says title screen+menu ... gee, i wonder why only the title screen+menu worked. seriously, look everyone ... it's hillarious! ... it distracts me from whatever else he said ... my vision is blurred with tears of laughter ... lol.

*edited* i'm still laughing

*editing again* ok, sorry ... laughter all put aside. Luigi's Mansion works in a version newer than the one you're using. i would read the rules and threads in much greater detail.

Last edited:

xero9009

SoberAnalyst said:
i'd just like to point out the fact that you said Luigi's Mansion is supposed to work and yet even the picture you posted says title screen+menu ... gee, i wonder why only the title screen+menu worked. seriously, look everyone ... it's hillarious! ... it distracts me from whatever else he said ... my vision is blurred with tears of laughter ... lol.

*edited* i'm still laughing

*editing again* ok, sorry ... laughter all put aside. Luigi's Mansion works in a version newer than the one you're using. i would read the rules and threads in much greater detail.
:getlost:

That's the default note in Dolphin Teaser... (titlescreen+menu)
What I've heard is that the title screen and menu works in the Teaser (for other people), when for some reason for me they won't come up at all (let alone memory card notice showing up). And trying to get Luigi's Mansion to work wasn't my point at all. I was wondering why the emulation is crashing my PC. (and I never said the title screen or menu worked or why it's not going ingame and to other things.)

And by "compatible game", I mean ISOs that actually go into the game somewhat (like titlescreens, intros, menus, whatever)

BTW, can someone give me an intelligent (helpful) answer please? (no offense)

(Edit: I'm no n00b at the rules and stuff; I've been crawling around the Dolphin forum for about 4 monthes and I just decided recently to start posting in this forum)

Last edited:
how about actually reading the Dolphin documentation which states the minimum system requirements which are above yours? ... intelligent enough for you? ... first time you've come across a readme.txt file?, use notepad for that one (not Dolphin).

no offence taken, by the way

The System Requirements
==================================
GFX: Radeon 9500+ series card recommended, but Geforce FX
series also work. Expect severe graphics problems
with lower cards.
CPU: The fastest you can find.
RAM: 256MB or higher strongly recommended.
Audio: Any Windows/DirectX-compatible soundcard.

Last edited:

xero9009

That's all I've needed to know, thanks (I think...)
And I'm no retard. I have read the documentation and I didn't know it was greater than it.... (I'm not very good on graphic cards, only reason why I posted that message).

Last edited:

Tempor

CPU: P4 1.8 GHz (overrun to 2.01 GHz)
Video: nVidia GeForce2 MX
Resolution: 800 * 600, 32-bit color, 75 Hz vertical refresh rate
RAM Size: 256 MB, plus 784 MB Pagefile
Other features: At least 100 GB of free hard disk space in total

Emulator: DolphinTeaser, Windowed at 640*480

Games:
SSBM - The game freezes anytime, once when I enter te course, it says READY, 0.68 sec and it freezes. At least I won't just see the logo of HAL Labs and freezes tough
Animal Crossing - Don't mention it. The Nintendo logo flashed once, and the game freezes
Nintendo Puzzle Collection - the emulator claimed it as "Works, minog glitches", and I only see gliches, not working at all. The screen goes white, that's all (freezes)

timminater

my PC

CPU: P4 3.0 Ghz
RAM: 512 mb DDR 400Mhz
Video: 128 mb Geforce fx 5200

tested: zelda four swords, luigi's mansion, wind waker and soulcalibur
Working: NONE :bye3: :down: :cry: :(

jareg

Just A Guy
timminater said:
CPU: P4 3.0 Ghz
RAM: 512 mb DDR 400Mhz