Lino,

Things that work only with real NDS-BIOS-image
The "decompression-with-callback" BIOS functions are currently working only
if you do have a copy of the real BIOSes as ROM-images (see Installation
and DS Xboo chapters).
Encrypted ROM-images (with encrypted first 2Kbytes of the secure area) can
be used only if the (full) NDS7 BIOS ROM-image is present (which contains
the 1048h-byte decryption seed data).

then why can't it run ? The roms I am having is clean rom and I do not understand this emulator wont since the guy is able to test it ? I do not understand.o_O

WhiteX said:
Is it the first emulator to run 3d?

Yes, I think it is. Take a look at:

3D Video - new in v2.3
All relevant 3D functions should be implemented in no$gba v2.3.
It's still excluding a couple of "cosmetic" effects like Fog, Toon, etc.
In some games, some vertex coordinates appear to be totally distorted,
I haven't yet figured out what is causing the problem.
Bug reports from programmers would be very welcome, especially if you
can track it down the bug to occur only in whatever specific situations...

http://nocash.emubase.de/gbanotes.txt

Low Lines

WhiteX said:
Is it the first emulator to run 3d?
Actually no it is NOT the first....iDeaS had some 3D implementation (ie Metroid Prime Hunters - First Hunt Demo).....

Most clean roms won't work because they don't have that 2kb at the start of the file, Diablow did you rip your own copies of those games??

Last edited:

RENI

Clements said:
There are tools to encrypt decrypted DS images.
Yep,two tools exactly.But i think that the authors' permissions are needed to spread the tools.:p
WhiteX said:
Are we making a compatiblity list for that?:D
Good idea :) or we wait until these missing gx commands are supported.;)

BTW:Nice to see some people agree with encrypted ones finally.:D

Last edited:
OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

No, you need one tool. I test it.

Lino, Phoenix Wright run just fine and better than desmume version! o_O

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

I did test as well. It is amazing and it is going to getting better every time. This guy is doing a good job!!!!!!!!!

WhiteX

Rockmangames, talk to lowlines to see if he wants to add no$gba on his compat list, i´ll try to get ahold of the author to see if he wants low lines compat list to be official.

RENI

Rockmangames said:
No, you need one tool. I test it.
LOL I mean there are two tools that can do the encrpte job.=]
Rockmangames said:
This guy is doing a good job!!!!!!!!!
Yes!!!Plus the GBA part of his EMU is among the fastest and most accurate EMUs for many years.:D Not to mention his great debugger.;)

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

WhiteX said:
Rockmangames, talk to lowlines to see if he wants to add no$gba on his compat list, i´ll try to get ahold of the author to see if he wants low lines compat list to be official.

Sure, I will let him know by pm right now! :)

But I am not going to test all. I will need some help with people who know how to test it. It is better if people stop whine and ask how to run things with this emulator. :):evil:

RENI said:
LOL I mean there are two tools that can do the encrpte job.=]

Yes!!!Plus the GBA part of his EMU is among the fastest and most accurate EMUs for many years.:D Not to mention his great debugger.;)

You are right. I am sorry about that. Slap me, will you ? :evil:

Low Lines

i don't need to be asked ;) i am basically running off the idea that if an emulator can run commercial roms, then it needs a compat list for it :bouncy:

but if we were to do one....I think some documentation/assistance on how to encrypt roms would be great (considering I am at a lost with that at the moment), unless I suppose that it would be illegal to provide such information....which would be a real pain in the ass :p

I can't start on it right now though....I am supposed to be doing my homework...lol
I'll either get it started later this afternoon (when I update all the other lists) or next weekend ;)

WhiteX

We can wait a bit to see how things will develop for the emulator and the encryption than we can get started, this list i´ll help testing too.

RENI

Rockmangames said:
You are right. I am sorry about that. Slap me, will you ? :evil:
mmm....where's the /me command?:evil: XDD

Low Lines said:
....but if we were to do one....I think some documentation/assistance on how to encrypt roms would be great (considering I am at a lost with that at the moment), unless I suppose that it would be illegal to provide such information....which would be a real pain in the ass :p
Agreed.There's another problem.The two BIOSes are COPYRIGHTED material of big N.People have to dump them from their own DS.FluBBa's Nintendo DS Bios Dumper is the first (maybe the only) choice to do this.It's quite easy to use.:flowers:

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

KID A,

You need to tell people if it is playable, crashes, something like that. Give it a description, ok ? :)

Kid A

Nevermind
Rockmangames said:
KID A,

You need to tell people if it is playable, crashes, something like that. Give it a description, ok ? :)

:p ok ok, sorry. I´ll do that. English is not my first languaje. I´ll do my best. :)

Low Lines

RENI said:
mmm....where's the /me command?:evil: XDD

Agreed.There's another problem.The two BIOSes are COPYRIGHTED material of big N.People have to dump them from their own DS.FluBBa's Nintendo DS Bios Dumper is the first (maybe the only) choice to do this.It's quite easy to use.:flowers:

Even if people dumped the BIOS off their own NDS it would still be breaching copyright, plus it would probably conflict with any warranty on your NDS (as I assume is the case)

But anyway, the whole point of these BIOS are so people can run illegal roms anyway ;)

I am more interested in the actual encrypting bit....I mean you could simply say something like.....

"In order to encrpt roms, you need the BIOS

NDSBIOS7.ROM
NDSBIOS9.ROM

though be warned that these are Copyrighted by Nintendo, so having them is at your own risk!! And do not ask or request on how or where to find them, or else you might find yourself banned from EmuTalk."
etc ;)

Then you could explain what you do and perhaps provide the tools to do it :p

This is basically how they did it with the Playstation BIOS, so it should be alright I think ;) (Somebody point out if I am wrong or anything ;))

Hiei-YYH

lol, can someone at least tell me which tools encrypt those decrypted roms?

if possible, send to my email h.f_at_cheatcc.com the tools ^^

Last edited: