What's new

no$gba

Low Lines

Is no$GBA still in like development wise, as in mainly just homebrew? Cos when it or if it does start run comercial roms (provided that is the intention of it's author) I would start making a list for it too ;)

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

It will not run nds roms yet...I know he will run it but not right now. I have test a few and all crashes.

xdaniel_FWB

Living RCP Hungup
My results...

Commercial NDS ROMs: grey-ish screen, then sooner or later the error message "The ROM image has crashed."

DS Download Demos: several are starting, at least. Jump Super Stars' demo is partially playable (see attachment), Meteos as well, others do nothing or crash.

All DS ROMs, commercial and Download Demos, with ARM7 and 9 BIOS: black screens, at least for me.

Hiei-YYH

will be a good emu in future :) this guy who make no$gba is pretty good, for me it's better than vba (in speed), but vba has more tools and cheat support (since i hack game codes)

RENI

Well..if you use the encrypted roms the "The ROM image has crashed." error will gone.

Last edited:
OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

What do you mean encrypted ? You mean clean rom ? I test with Top Gun (E) and it was crashed. Mine is a clean rom.

Firmware require ?

RENI

Rockmangames said:
What do you mean encrypted ? You mean clean rom ? I test with Top Gun (E) and it was crashed. Mine is a clean rom.

Firmware require ?
The so called "clean rom" is decrypted which means it doesn't have secure area data.If my remembrance is correct,this area contains the excution code of ARM9.The ARM7 will do the job to "decrpyted" this area and extract the code.That's why you saw these words in the doc of no$gba:"Encrypted ROM-images (with encrypted first 2Kbytes of the secure area) can
be used only if the (full) NDS7 BIOS ROM-image is present (which contains
the 1048h-byte decryption seed data)."

Last edited:

Low Lines

it makes sense, but why use encrypted roms when 90% of the time, roms are depcrypted? I am guessing it must make it easier to emulate or something?

OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Ahh, interesting. Maybe he will make this emulator playable with clean roms soon. Hmm..I dont know. Too early to know for now.

Low Lines

holy shit Yoshi Touch & GO works on it!!! :bouncy: I bought that game and thoroughly enjoyed it. And this is all because of the encryption bit huh? How much stuffing is it patch the roms with the bios? (I am assuming that is what needs to be done)

[Edit]

Wait no sorry, I get it now....

Last edited:
OP
spotanjo3

spotanjo3

Those are demos I believe. I think they are require to be encypted..not dencypted as "clean rom" which I was told, I think.

Low Lines

Rockmangames said:
Those are demos I believe. I think they are require to be encypted..not dencypted as "clean rom" which I was told, I think.
Can't be Rockman, I know 99.9% off all NDS roms and some of those games are most definitely NOT demos ;)

Hiei-YYH

it's only me or the nfs2 is upside down XD anyway, all rom dumps which you can find in internet is decrypted, how in world this guy has those encrypted roms to make nogba run