What's new

N64 Glide Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

yes, I thought about that, but right now I'm just trying to get the games working. I'll add that soon

Glize

hey dave do you need anymore testers?

my system specs:

P3 550MHz
128mb RAM
Voodoo3 2000
Win98SE (with 2000 pro, XP pro, and ME handy)

im pretty knowledgeable on computers. i just don't know how to program yet.

Last edited:

crhylove

Banned
what drivers should i use?

i get naught but a black screen on this voodoo 3000 with the plugin... jabo 1.4 worx flawless, but a little slow.... i bet everything would speed up nicely if i could get your glide plugin workin'... let me know what i might be doin wrong.

:devil:

PS... i posted this in the plugin section of emutalk, too, isn't that a better place for this whole thread?

Slougi

Re: what drivers should i use?

crhylove said:
PS... i posted this in the plugin section of emutalk, too, isn't that a better place for this whole thread?
Not really as the plug-in section is for help with plug-ins, not coding.

Epic64

Well what can I say?
Sorry to be picky but is this not a plugin although I supose it is to do with emu coding too!

Last edited:

Slougi

I think questions regarding the usage of Dave's plugin should be posted in the plugin forum, but technical questions by dave and testers here.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Ok, it's been a long time since I've said anything, so I just want to let you all know that this project is still going very well. I'm hoping to release the next version over the next few days.

BTW, I'm working on fog right now, but I'm having some trouble with glide. It's giving me very non-interpolated fog, I'm assuming because the w coordinate is like 10000, and the precision isn't very good there. I was going to try fog coordinates, but when I put in the GR_PARAM_FOG_EXT, it wouldn't draw many objects anymore!

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Ok, does anyone know of a good graphical HTML editor (preferably free) that I can use to update my web page? I'm absolutely sick of having to type in the HTML code each time.

Remote

Dave2001 said:
Ok, does anyone know of a good graphical HTML editor (preferably free) that I can use to update my web page? I'm absolutely sick of having to type in the HTML code each time.

My personal experience is that graphical HTML editors, although they speed up work, has a tendency of doing unwanted things. But if you have had it I guess a WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet HTML editor is for you. Good free choices are Arachnophilia and CoffeeCup. Netscape Composer, included with Netscape Communiactor v4.91, is a another free alternative, Microsoft Word has the ability to save HTML files. Dreamweaver, Homesite and GoLive which although cost money offers more features. Most of them has sharp evaluation versions avalible for download...

Eddy

I Run This
Well merry chirstmas people :-D can someone post a screenshot for glide64's config screen, i would like to see how configurable it is :) congrats dave

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

even if you can't run my plugin, you should at least be able to run configure :)

it doesn't use glide until you switch to fullscreen

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Dave2001 said:
even if you can't run my plugin, you should at least be able to run configure :)

it doesn't use glide until you switch to fullscreen

No Dave PJ even stresses when you go to Settings - "Unable to locate DLL / The DLL glide3x.dll could not be found in the specified path." then "Failed to load ...Glide64.dll" Then it's not in the vid plug menu. So that's a no I guess :/

I'm actually seriously thinking of setting up my V3 PC just to see this :)

crhylove

Banned
well...

actually, i have a voodoo 3 installed and all i get is the 3dfx splash screen, then black. i got the latest drivers off of voodoofiles.com, i am excited to get it working, but i'm out of ideas! maybe install this old voodoo 2 add on board? (eww!!!)

rhy

gokuss4

Meh...
did you setup the ucode number? the games the glide64 plug-in can mostly play is

Game name ucode
-----------------------------
Aerogauge 1
Chopper Attack 0
Mario Kart 1
Mortal Kombat Trilogy 1
Star Fox 64 1
Super Mario 64 0

those games are all fully playable with maybe barely or no problems at all

Status
Not open for further replies.