What's new

N64 Glide Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Ok, well, I fixed the mario kart thing. It was using FORCE_BL with full alpha.

Link is still translucent, though. He uses the ALPHA_CVG_SEL flag, but I'm not sure what that does. The docs barely have anything on it. They say:

ALPHA_CVG_SEL
use cvg (or alpha*cvg) for pixel alpha

:(

I'm not exactly sure what it's trying to do, but I think that's what causes link to be transparent, since the flags on the castle in mario64 have this problem too (shaded color) and have this flag.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Ok, now I'm confused, I realized that I was using alpha for I8 (intensity 8-bit) textures. BUT... don't some I8 textures need alpha??? What's going on? My definition of I8 is alpha=full and color=what's in the texture, but maybe this is wrong? Look below, the dust is I8, but obviously needs some sort of alpha...

btw, link's suit is also I8, so that's why I ask. If IT has alpha, then it's translucent. :(

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Cyberman said:

As for the crazy part, well join the crowd, I think at least 85% of the people here are insane to one degree or another, it makes us more interesting I hear ;)

Yah, I think learning C++ (and/or studying the inner workings of emulators) does make you crazy... at least, thats what my non-programmer-aspiring friends tell me. :p

Cyberman

Dave2001 said:
Ok, well, I fixed the mario kart thing. It was using FORCE_BL with full alpha.

Link is still translucent, though. He uses the ALPHA_CVG_SEL flag, but I'm not sure what that does. The docs barely have anything on it. They say:

ALPHA_CVG_SEL
use cvg (or alpha*cvg) for pixel alpha

:(

I'm not exactly sure what it's trying to do, but I think that's what causes link to be transparent, since the flags on the castle in mario64 have this problem too (shaded color) and have this flag.

Hmmm you know what it SHOULD look like don't you? IE you have a N64 handy.. you can look at the image.

CVG.. SELECT sounds like it might be a a negative alpha setting.. IE it has an inverted grading affect. So what might be more transluncent might be more solid OR the other option is that only a certain RANGE is treated as alpha information. This could be handy for parts of the cloths been translucent and some not.

The DUST definately IS translucent in the second Image, so perhaps you should inspect that bit and change the behavior acordingly. At least so it matches what the N64 shows. If that makes sense :p :)

Does Zelda work on Ultra HLE or does it do the same things as your plugin does? :) Maybe you could steal the information sent to the GLIDE DLL and parse it. (I am an engineer so this to me is normal!) ;)

Cyb

Status
Not open for further replies.