What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta - High Res - Majora's Mask

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
If there are any spanish or german people willing to help please message me on AIM or PM...

I have just sent Djipi the HUD graphics I have done, so then both of us will be harmonised. We now move onto the subscreens.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Yes, finish OOT, Djipi, then move on to this. Personally, now that I've seen this MM cel shaded, I think MM looks better cel shaded than OOT does.

elitejavi

it's-a me!
i'm argentinian(spanish) but i'm not good with textures...
if i don't have to draw anything, i can help
if not, you still can use federelli =P

seeya

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
I have been working on the subscreens for far too long now, so I will finish the cursors, glows, selection cursors etc tomorrow.

I started with glass, but that didnt look good, so I decided to use my texture (one I am using throughout for HUD buttons etc, so it all fits together) which is marble, similar to the original. All little bits of text are hylian now, if someone can do the map in high res, that would be great...

So here are the screens...

Last edited:
OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
The game's Art style is cell-shaded, Djipi, perhaps post some shots with outlines, like the artwork?

linker

Emutalk Member
I like Djipi's and mdtauk shots but they seem like a different projects to me... mdtauk screenies look more real than djipi's cell shaded ones.

Last edited:

Googol

Give me back my floppy face!
linker said:
I like Djipi's and mdtauk shots but they seem like a different projects to me... mdtauk screenies look more real than djipi's cell shaded ones.
That's pretty obvious. Djipi and mdtauk are working on a MM cel-shaded "experiment" together, but mdtauk was originally working on a more realistic, but not necessarily faithful to the original, project which he continues to work on. No doubt there will be a new MM cel thread within the next few days.

Anyway, kudos to both of you. Both projects are outstanding; I didn't think a cel-shaded MM would work due to it being a much darker game, but I was wrong. Keep it up, guys.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
linker said:

Well, look at Twilight Princess. It's realistic, but still has the cel shaded elements (ie: Midna's mask arm)

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
This is trying to fit the Artstyle of Majora's Mask, as used in the artwork. The reason why Djipi's work didnt match mine straight away, was because I still had to send the files to him. Our Opening Menus match now, because I sent him the files and he translated the text into french.

OP
mdtauk

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Sorry I wasnt here to continue working on things, I was out at the sea-side for the day with the family.

Djipi, I was thinking, if its easier, you could replace the item menu icons with screenshots of the items when you collect them, they would match the ingame items, but wont look as slick and nice. Its just an idea...