What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mario kart 64 High res topic

Gorgy

TS_Death_Angel said:
Nice work :bouncy:

BTW: I can`t get your pack to work, but my own pictures DO work :plain: It doesn`t load yours, and I`ve tried renaming.

EDIT: It`s gonna be hard to get that picture in there completely. Maybe Rice can change his plugin so that it exports complete pictures for these large screens?

Last edited:

STAT1STICK

I'm having a little trouble with this texture pack. I've installed it to the correct folder: Project64 1.6>Plugin>hires_texture>MARIOKART64

Whenever I play the game, no new textures are displayed. It's just plain old Mario Kart. Do I have to configure the Video Plugin? I'm using RiceVideo 6.1.0. I've used other teaxure packs and they all work like a charm. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Clements

If the internal name is Mario Kart 64 - then you are using a hacked dump.

ALL the verified MK64 games have an internal name of MARIOKART64, which is what should be supported by the pack.

corazon912

Don't doubt Clements ambar. The naming is important for textures to work. It may work on your machine, for some reason, but not on others.

Shades

Well actually...I've encountered the exact same thing on my machine and my roommate's machine. Ambars textures only load on Mario Kart 64 and not MARIOKART64. Not saying what's good or bad, just saying that's how it is...

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
Gorgy said:
BTW: I can`t get your pack to work, but my own pictures DO work :plain: It doesn`t load yours, and I`ve tried renaming.
I have the same problem. What doesn't make sense to me is that renaming the files doesn't work. Does anyone know why?:huh:
Ambar, does this mean you're going to redo all your textures for the unhacked rom dump?:unsure:

juano

I am a 29 year old who never grew up who forever dwells online with no job no school and here I am thinkin I should start fartin around and make a texture pack I hate hearing ""I have no time with school or life for that matter"" to put in extra work into these packages from people. I may as well work around the clock making a hi res texture pack so someone wanna help get me started?

Vanit

You guys are a bit slow on the 'making' or 'finding' of the title. I inserted that title into Kerber's pack months ago. At that link is the PSD I made for organizing the title. You're welcome to use it if you give credit.

Last edited: