What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

hi rez textures support and detail texturing!

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The only problem is that there are no standards but hey, you can fully customize your favourite games :D

Rice

Emulator Developer
Federelli said:
Say i wanted to use this with master quest, what should i change in the filename?

Texture filenames always start with the N64 ROM internal game name. For Zelda MQ, the easiest way to find out is to dump its textures, and try to find its texture filename for the Ocarina.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Btw, for the Emutalk forum, how can I set the Display Modes to always in Linear mode, instead of Hybrid Mode?

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Rice said:
Btw, for the Emutalk forum, how can I set the Display Modes to always in Linear mode, instead of Hybrid Mode?

Just go to your User CP and choose Options, then go down to Thread Display Options and there it is.

Btw, I've been unable to test your plugin since my Hotmail account says there is a virus in the .rar (yeah... Hotmail doesn't know a shit about emulation). I've PM you with a Yahoo! account so, could you re-email me this new version please?

Edit:
wow! That new ocarina looks much nicier than mine!! :eek:

Last edited:

Federelli

Beta Tester
Haha, big surprise for you all :), you'll love it.
It took me all morning to make all of these.

brb...

I coudln't finish and i'll be back tonight, i'll leave a preview though, enjoy

Last edited:

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Here two quick pics just to show Hyrule map (before and after) and the beating hearts.

Just point out (in case there is still someone who hasn't realized yet) that this option is absolutely amazing!!! :D

Thanks Rice!!! ^_^

Federelli

Beta Tester
Here's an improved and even optimized version of the logo since less tris have to be loaded to display this picture :) (3 less polygons ;);))

Anyway, pretty cool, i'm almost done with all the intro textures, so we have a remade first part :) (including various other textures

Federelli

Beta Tester
Please don'y praise it all, since the ocarina and bomb are both from a magazine scan from long, long ago.

And SWAT_Marc is also doing some nifty job :D

Rice, now that this has been done, i bet it's also possible to write a pixel shader for the water texture and have the .dll load all the stuff :D:D

knowitman

After seeing this project I decided to see what I could do with my very poor and not so existant skills.

What I did was extracted a few textures from Mario 64, imported them into Flash, scaled them up 4x, and did a Trace Bitmap. The results look like impressionistic era paintings. I think they might look good in the game.

Here is a picture of the door and some bricks.. The one on the left is what I came up with, and the one on the right is just the plain bitmap scaled up 4x. I don't know how they would look once tiled out against each other.

200 posts. :p

Last edited:

Federelli

Beta Tester
Not bad, looks cartoony :), though as said, isn't working on copyrighted material, and then releasing it to public under no license at all; completelly illegal?

I think we do not want to mess with Nintendo (R).