What's new

Here is it, the Daedalus 0.07b D3D plugin

zorbid

The games I've mentioned run faster in 1964 than in pj (at least on my PC), and full screen is ok.

Another thing : CoolDaedalus, I think you should GPL the plug in, for legal reasons. (I know its already open source :)).

Still no reactions from StrmnNrmn and CyRUS64...:plain:

Eddy

I Run This
i wouldnt understand why they would be mad, i mean, he isnt doing it to bother them. Cooldaedalus are you planning to continue it?

zorbid

I didn't mean it would drive them mad. I' surprised they didn't react in any way. CoolD posted a msg on their forum on the 19th, and there are still no answers. Are they on hollyday?

BatBoy

great plugin, nice work on the conversion Cooldaedalus. I think it would be a shame not to continue work on it as it's got great potential. Maybe a UCode selection from the config dialog??
Also AFAIK Daedalus 0.8 pre 1 didn't come with any gfx code Ogy it went to Zilamrs GFX specs

nice to see an open source D3D GFX plugin.

StrmnNrmn

Ahah! Just to prove flow wrong I'm replying :p

The whole reason I decided to make Daedalus open-source was so that people could work on projects like this without my involvement. It's really good to see how much interest there is in this, even though there hasn't been a release of Daedalus for over a year now.

What's quite funny is that I'd actually forgotten that Daedalus didn't have it's own graphics plugin. A long time ago (I guess with was for 0.08-pre1) I did exactly this and separated out the graphics plugin source from the main codebase. It was such a long time ago that I forgot that I'd not actually released it!

Since then I've added a lot of new features, like automatic ucode detection (which is now 100% accurate) and a few special hooks for debugging when it's attached to Daedalus.

There's still a lot I want to do on the main Daedalus codebase before release, but I think the graphics plugin is in much better shape for a release sometime soon. I think I can release the source pretty soon (i.e. in the next week or so), and with some help get the plugin working smoothly with as many different emus as possible.

jih2000

That sounds really cool :cool:, can't w8.

Any chance of putting in some comments in the code describing what each method does as i would help people get their heads around the code easier (well me anyway) :)

anyway, many thanks and good to see u around,

MartyMcFly

StrmnNrmn

Well, I try to comment code where it's necessary, but it's not always immediately obvious to me when code might be unclear (as I wrote it!).

Since the last public release of the source I've put a lot of effort into structuring things properly - sorting code out into different modules and tidying up the interfaces. There's still a lot of work to do, but I think it should be a lot more readable in the future.

StrmnNrmn

I've just posted the source code for v0.08b-pre2 of the graphics plugin on boob. I'm having problems accessing the site at the moment, so I'm not sure if that link works.

I'll try to post a full update on the main Daedalus site later this evening with more details about what the current status is and what's changed.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
StrmnNrmn said:
I've just posted the source code for v0.08b-pre2 of the graphics plugin on boob. I'm having problems accessing the site at the moment, so I'm not sure if that link works.

I'll try to post a full update on the main Daedalus site later this evening with more details about what the current status is and what's changed.
I understand exacly what you mean, StrmnNrmn ;)
I have a hard to time to comment my code too :p
I think it's unneccesary since I understand it so well.
Nice progress, though.